Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SmokeMaxX

Arkansas Blazblue / Guilty Gear

Thanks man. I don't consider myself amazing at the game either, but I do hold my own. Yea, if you do find anyone just holla at me.

I found one person that plays other than Yusuke, tag is SolidBlake and he lives in Little Rock. Not sure how good he is, but he can beat my scrubby Jam. I didn't talk to him about going to meetups, but I'll ask him next time I see him.

Bloodwolf says he plays GG I believe. Also, I got two more people willing to go to the BB ranbats: VTS and Seif from Smashboards.

So there's some BB get together in the future?

So there's some BB get together in the future?

Yeah starting next Sunday we'll be doing weekly tournies on Sunday. $5 buy in, $3 goes into the daily pot, $2 goes into the season pot. The pots are split 70/20/10 and the season lasts 6 weeks long.

Kinda a lot of info, but this is how it breaks down:

If we have 10 people next Sunday, that's $50 total ($5 * 10 people). $3 from each person ($30 total) goes into the daily pot which will be split 70/20/10 (so first place gets $21 , 2nd places gets $6, and third place gets $3). The other $20 goes into the season pot. After 6 weeks, let's assume there's 10 people each week, that makes $120 into the season pot (6 * $20). The people with the most points at the end of the season (basically the guys who gets the highest average place each week) will split the pot 70/20/10 so 1st gets $84, 2nd gets $24, and third gets $12.

Hope that makes sense.

EDIT: Also, you don't have to do the tournament if you go; you're certainly welcome just to do casuals for free.

So far, we have:

Noel

Lambda

Tao

Bang

Arakune

Ragna

Litchi

Tsubaki

You could main Jin, his combos are pretty easy to learn. Also, icecars.

Or some Makoto. God knows we all need some more underboob in Arkansas.

My Hazama can't suck so bad as to not be included in that list.

Oh, and this:

http://arfgn.challonge.com/tournament/signup/cj7mpys8xw

ARFGN Presents: Redneck Ranbats 2.1

Game: BlazBlue Continuum Shift

Date: 9/19/10 2:00pm

Entry Fee: $5.00

Rules:

1. All preliminary rounds will be best 2 of 3 games. Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals will be best 3 of 5 games.

2. Unlimited characters aren’t allowed.

3. DLC Characters (Mu-12, Makoto Nanaya, Valkenhayn Van Hellsing, and Platina the Trinity) will be legal as soon as they are available.

4. Be prepared to play your matches as soon as they come up. We run a fast tournament, so don’t go wandering off.

I'm pretty sure I'm "switching" to Hakumen. And by "switching" I mean playing Hakumen until I have time to learn Litchi's 7 day combos.

And by "playing," you mean hit 3C twice for 2.5k.

Did some fancy formatting to my first post, hijacking this thread from Max. With permission, of course.

Going to start holding meetups for airdashing games at my place on Tuesdays, info in my first post.

Did some fancy formatting to my first post, hijacking this thread from Max. With permission, of course.

Going to start holding meetups for airdashing games at my place on Tuesdays, info in my first post.

Arkansas, here is your BlazBlue leader now.

Quick Update on Ranbats:

1. We're doing two ranbats starting next week. BBCS and 2v2 SSF4. Rules for the SSF4 tourney will be posted tomorrow.

2. I'm going to use the new ranbats to test out the new Tonamento. You'll have to sign up for Tonamento for this to work, and it can be found at http://tonamento.com/ . The actual event sign up is at http://tonamento.com/ViewEvent.aspx?id=490

The reason I'm doing this is because Tonamento tracks stats and keeps lists of skill ratings for everyone involved so we can track our skill levels better in comparison to each other. If it doesn't look like it's working, I'll switch back to Challonge. Anyway, for this to work, it's important to sign up for this. (Also, the entry fees listed on Tonamento is what is going to the weekly pot. BBCS is still five dollars a person and SSF4 2v2 is still 10 per team.

More on ranbats later.

Also, does it bother anybody that the person leading the Air-Dash charge mains catgirls and trannies?

Since GG:AC isn't exactly part of the tournament, and you don't plan at the moment that you'll be playing BB:CS at the RanBats, should I still pay an entry fee?

Also, does it bother anybody that the person leading the Air-Dash charge mains catgirls and trannies?

I actually main Jam now. Still can't combo outside of gatling combos, but she's fun.

Since GG:AC isn't exactly part of the tournament, and you don't plan at the moment that you'll be playing BB:CS at the RanBats, should I still pay an entry fee?

We are planning on playing BB:CS at the Ranbats now.

I play every female in the game except Tao.

Have you played Tsubaki at all recently? I lost to a Tsubaki at Bar Fights, had no idea what was going on.

You going to come to meetups in Little Rock, or is your car still broken down? Just call or text me for my address if you want to come down on Tuesdays.

My mains are still Tsubaki and Rachel, I just don't use them online.

Only comfortable driving my car in town right now. Acceleration is the main issues now and waiting till my next project to get that issue fixed.

Edit: Actually, I'm sure I wont be able to make any of your meetings and ranbats until at least til mid oct? Going back to Houston. Was there for bit last month and I'm head next weekend. Forgot about it.

My mains are still Tsubaki and Rachel, I just don't use them online.

Only comfortable driving my car in town right now. Acceleration is the main issues now and waiting till my next project to get that issue fixed.

Edit: Actually, I'm sure I wont be able to make any of your meetings and ranbats until at least til mid oct? Going back to Houston. Was there for bit last month and I'm head next weekend. Forgot about it.

Oh, nice. Planning on going to to Arcade UFO at all while you're there? I hear they have a Twinkle Star Sprites cabinet.

I actually main Jam now. Still can't combo outside of gatling combos, but she's fun.

We are planning on playing BB:CS at the Ranbats now.

Oh, "you aren't planning at the moment" was being indirectly spoken about myself, sorry for the confusion ;P