Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SmokeMaxX

Arkansas Blazblue / Guilty Gear

Hey Arkansas, just throwing this out there...

GAMERS! You've picked the date, you love your games, now come out and game!

OKgamers is launching it's series of Bi-Monthly Gamer Gatherings - first in the Tulsa area, next month after - OKC, then back again, etc. ...leading up to our big events at the beginning of 2011!!

What to do at a GG? Play games, maybe learn a thing while finding new gamers, new games, etc. It's just like it sounds - an opportunity for gamers to gather. Sure - we learn what's popular, and gamers can show off - what matters the most though? BUILDING community - we have gamers in OK, show up and prove what we already know! :)

WHY SHOW UP? WHAT IS A GAMING GATHERING? 3 THINGS: What you are playing, getting better at, or even already compete in!

SHOW WHAT WE PLAY - A chance to prove what gaming communities we have locally to support! Your game get no event support - CHANGE THAT! Bring out your favorite game! What are you playing? What area you into? What are you looking for competition?!?

(support? As in, once we see games have a following through attending these? We can add them at future events OKgamers works with like Conventions, Tournaments, gatherings, etc!!)

WHAT WE CAN LEARN - It's also a chance to grow at the games we love - talk to local gamers, share tips, and brush up on your game! Want better online victories? Want to travel to that next tournament? Brush up here! Maybe even find carpools to events!!

COMMUNITY BUILDING - Play a game but don't know if ANYONE ELSE DOES? Part of an online gaming community, but don't know anyone locally? Does your community need events to gather at?!

SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS EVENT; make this your communities next event, bring out your game, and use it as a platform to find more gamers!

(And bonus and obvious 4th - to spread the word about OKgamers.com existing as a Oklahoma's gamer source of info for tournaments and local competition!)

DISCLAIMERS?

Tulsa = Area, as Funhouse is like 3 feet into Jenks, technically :)

Arcade = it's at an Arcade, please don't bring cabinets :)

PC LAN = we have the space, and a few PC'ers, we'll see!

--

DATE: Sunday - 10/10/10

TIMES: 1pm to 9pm(ish)

500 Riverwalk Terrace, Suite 100

Tulsa, Ok 74037

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=500+Riverwalk+Terrace,+Suite+100+74037&ie=UTF8&om=1&hq=&hnear=Riverwalk+Terrace,+Jenks,+Tulsa,+Oklahoma+74037&t=h&z=15&iwloc=A

GAMES? See below for what is being brought for sure. Bringing something else - post so we all know!

COST: 10$ - Like most events, there is a location fee - we are also pooling a fee to get PIZZA AND DRINKS!

FREE FOOD: YES! We'll do 2 orders around 2:30 pm, and 6pm!

FREE TOKENS: Yup, the 10$ fee gets you 10$'s in tokens - spend it on DDR, Initial D, Time Crisis, Soul Calibur 3AE, and other fun video games, as well as ticket games they have at that venue.

TOURNAMENT COSTS? Ha ha, no. This is purely freeplay fun times - like an event gaming room - without the event. Bring enough setups, and we can do some fun free events, but we'll focus on having freeplay options always open!

--

So - we just bring our favorite stuff out and play? Yup. Just like a potluck Tournament style event, only this time - no console or game RESTRICTIONS!! You want to bring out DBZ - feel free. You want to play the 360 version of Street Fighter - bring it.

It seems simple - and it is. The more gamers get out, and play against each other, the more fun they have. The more friends they make. And if they are competitive, the better they get.

...the more gamers we prove we have out there, the bigger events we can have in the future, and more sponsors will care too :)

CASUAL GAMERS = finding out local comp, and what is "strong" in this area, gaming wise!

HARDCORE GAMERS = recruit more tournament competition, and find locals interested in getting better!

ONLINE COMMUNITIES = Use this as YOUR event! Promote it online, to friends, etc - then bring out some setups and play!

(Local gamers are looking for games to play, promote your game and find more comp!)

--

CURRENT LIST OF GAMES EXPECTED TO SHOW UP (edited as people post!):

Console:

SUPER SMASH BROS - 64 - YES!, Melee maybe? Brawl - YES!

Halo Reach x 2

Tekken 6?

Blaz Blue CS

Soul Calibur 4 - PS3

SC 4/ Street Fighter 4 - Xbox

PC LAN:

SC2?

(Waiting on LAN'ers lol)

IDEA'S FOR WHAT TO BRING / WISHLIST:

More Fighters - like DOA, or what ever you play.

SPORTS GAMES?! Madden fans, it'd be nice to see a setup!

RACING FANS - DO YOU EVEN EXIST?! Prove it here.

FPS - you take up a lot of room; we'll take the first few 2v2 or 4v4 setups that post RSVP'ing the space - but don't expect to take up half the place unless that's all people show up to play :)

WHAT - NO CCG / TABLETOP / LARP?!@

We could probably get a LARP going, but haven't seen interest outside of conventions.

CCG and Tabletop - have game shops all across the state, your communities are set! OKgamers volunteer staff also do not throw competing events with businesses - and well, CCG/Tabletop is pretty hooked up ya know :)

...that said? IF THERE IS INTEREST - and no conflicts (games not rep'ed locally at stores), we'll check space!

--

WRAP UP - WHAT DO YOU DO NOW?

Spread the word to friends! Know someone that that complains there is nothing to do, shut them up with this!

Bring your 10$, and BYOC = BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER, as they'll be limited as always.

Got a favorite game - bring it out! We'll have some tube TV's free; but a setup is a TV, Console and game! We'll have power strips, tables and chairs!

MORE GAMES - coming soon.

PRINTABLE FLYER - CLICK HERE - please print a few and put them up somewhere!

FACEBOOK EVENT - OFFICIAL EVENT CLICK HERE!

AWESOMENESS = 10/10/10!

X A

Hey Arkansas, just throwing this out there...

Oh mah gawd its Animefreak, I hear he top 3'd ARK 2!

I totally wanted too, but I was balls deep in a prison. I'll be over this Tuesday and Sunday though.

For future reference, my schedule is a two week rotation of working

M-T-F-S-Su

W-Th

Alright, good to know.

lol Top 3d?

Something like that. I hear ARK 3 is in the works for late this year or early next year, would be awesome to play you again. Probably won't be driving to OK for non-tournament stuff, though.

More like top 1d lol. But ya i know making a trop for non tourney stuff is blah, but i'mma just saying it.

More like top 1d lol. But ya i know making a trop for non tourney stuff is blah, but i'mma just saying it.

You know, 1st place only means you don't have a life and are a tier whore, even though you've been playing him since he was low tier. Just saying.

Let us know if you get any big tourneys going for BB and SF, I'll try to get something together to go.

You know, 1st place only means you don't have a life and are a tier whore, even though you've been playing him since he was low tier. Just saying.

Let us know if you get any big tourneys going for BB and SF, I'll try to get something together to go.

All that means is that u suck lol. Niga jan plays tager and he won aufo tourney. Niga barely even plays lol

All that means is that u suck lol. Niga jan plays tager and he won aufo tourney. Niga barely even plays lol

He's talking trash to me in my thread! How rude!

Oh I shall sir. I have the life I want lol, that's all that matters mang.

I imagine its a good life, full of bushy squirrel tails and four-seal combos.

What's up with the OK thread? I wanted to check it out and talk trash there, but there are only three posts!

Because there's friggin no scene in OK for this game, or any game other than SMASH and maybe Tekken now,

Because there's friggin no scene in OK for this game, or any game other than SMASH and maybe Tekken now,

You should move here. We have, like, the sixth biggest scene in the US.

Watch our AnimeFreak or Misfit will put cat ears on you and try to seduce you.

Once the ears are on you, you're already mine.

For BB or fighting games in general?

.........???

I'm commenting on the general lack of BB players in the US and my surprise that Arkansas has a decent community.

Aw shit, I would have made the ranbats yesterday except I may or may not have been involved in trying to buy a new car, which fell through.

Aw shit, I would have made the ranbats yesterday except I may or may not have been involved in trying to buy a new car, which fell through.

Damn life. Always gets in the way...