Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SmokeMaxX

Arkansas Blazblue / Guilty Gear

How active is the scene? I was hoping to get dropped off in Memphis in the move lol.

I think I'll be going to Booneville...

How active is the scene? I was hoping to get dropped off in Memphis in the move lol.

I think I'll be going to Booneville...

Sorry, just checked the thread again. We have about five dedicated players in Central Arkansas, and more in Monticello.

Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! We are expecting ~200 people with games such as SSF4:AE, SF 3S:OE, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, Melee, Brawl, BB:CS II, and more! Competitors are coming in from at least 6-7 several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please PM me or post on the official tournament thread here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12280-ARK-IV-BB-CSII-MvC3-SSF4-MK9-Melee-Brawl-More!&p=1106804#post1106804

I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med School that I don't have time (though I may check in once in a while if there's interest). Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the regional BlazBlue community as a whole. Thanks guys!

Bumping and trying to check interest so that we can have BB at ARK V as an official tourney instead of a side. Anyone!?

Bumping and trying to check interest so that we can have BB at ARK V as an official tourney instead of a side. Anyone!?

Dat bump.

Seems like this thread has been pretty inactive but...

I recently moved here (Little Rock) and was wondering if there was any GG/P4A scene around. I'm an old school Ohio/Kentucky Guilty Gear player and recently picked up Persona. So if anybody is around let me know :(.

Seems like this thread has been pretty inactive but...

I recently moved here (Little Rock) and was wondering if there was any GG/P4A scene around. I'm an old school Ohio/Kentucky Guilty Gear player and recently picked up Persona. So if anybody is around let me know :(.

We have a decent scene for P4A, and GG should become popular again with the re-release. We have meetups about once a week, and they're posted on our SRK thread and our Facebook group (Arkansas Fighting Game Network). If you don't mind me asking, where in LR did you move to?

That sounds awesome, I don't really post on SRK much but I'll look into the FB group. I don't really know the names of the areas around here but I think it's west-ish off of Chenal road. Where/when do you guys usually meet up?

That sounds awesome, I don't really post on SRK much but I'll look into the FB group. I don't really know the names of the areas around here but I think it's west-ish off of Chenal road. Where/when do you guys usually meet up?

Our main meetups are Wednesday evenings in N. Little Rock (probably about 10-15 minutes away from you), but the location will change sometimes. There were plans for anime-only meetups on Thursdays, but I'm not sure how that's going.

I'll try to keep this thread updated, in the past everybody that posted here was also on SRK.

I believe we're having a meet up this Wednesday in NLR at 6ish. I'm not sure how many anime players will be making it; we're a lazy bunch.

I won't be there since I'm not living there right now lol. But if you plan on going, there will be a few P4U players there. PM me for the address if you're interested.

Edit: I also run a monthly tournament dedicated to anime/poverty in Jacksonville/Sherwood. Next one should be (probably) Oct 7th in Jacksonville. $20 pot bonuses for all games except P4U and TTT2U, which will have $50 bonuses.

Update to this in case you get notified of replies:

There's a meetup tonight in North Little Rock. I don't have an address for you, but if you contact Panda Bur or Shane Russell on Facebook, they can give you the address.

Ahh, finally got internet hooked up at new place. Anything going on this week?

Not sure. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Ahh, finally got internet hooked up at new place. Anything going on this week?

There'll be a meetup tonight in NLR. Not sure how many people will be there, though. There might also be another meetup Thursday, but I'm not 100% sure about that.