Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoogstin

Zappa Love: Series Renovation. AC Edition!!!!

This is good stuff! Would you mind double posting it in the Venom Matchup thread? I like to keep it all in order and such.

oh hey, ya, forgot about this post. I can try to do a full write up in the match-ups a little later, i had the chance to play zoogstin this weekend at FR, maybe he'd rather do it having gotten to play against some VE. Otherwise feel free to just copy this stuff over.

Fighting such a good venom was traumatic. Everything you said seems pretty good. Don't attack venom from the air, you will die.

Fighting such a good venom was traumatic. Everything you said seems pretty good.

Don't attack venom from the air, you will die.

You totally will. For that matter, don't get in the air against anyone. Zappa + Air = BAD.

I TOLD YOU. His Venom is crippling. I was the other, OTHER Zappa. With the white pad and black colors. Yay.

You totally will. For that matter, don't get in the air against anyone. Zappa + Air = BAD.

Yeah that should be the number 1 rule with playing against Zappa. His air to ground game is pretty garbage.

yeah but doing anti air summon every time a nigga jumps in is bad news too

OH

That's why airthrow is beast.

Airthrow is too beast. You have to be trained by the Japanese, like me, in order to do defensive anti-air airthrow. All you normal people can stick to your 6P and situation-specific 2HS bite anti-air. Bitches.:yaaay::psyduck:

Beside the bite gives 4 orbs in hit.. isn't there any other buff in the dog side ??

Not sure what you are talking about there... The bite has been 3 orbs on hit, and doesn't seem to change in AC+R except on block we get one orb which is pretty sweet I think given it's no longer unblockable. The only other possible buff is the new dog move from the 4D (4D, 6D) which is the dog lunge in the air. There was mention of hitting the dog when it was not attacking to make it go to sleep but I can't find it in the loketest notes. This could technically be seen as a buff if it absorbs a hit.

The dog can only get hit when it is attacking or asleep (he turns into a puppy and is actually sleeping). The only exception is when you do 4D with the dog (the back flip). He can't be hit during that animation either.

There's a local tournament coming up in my area for AC+ and in the notes it says players using Zappa and Robo-Ky can request an AC station. Was there a detrimental change to Zappa that would allow this rule between AC and AC+?

The dog can only get hit when it is attacking or asleep (he turns into a puppy and is actually sleeping). The only exception is when you do 4D with the dog (the back flip). He can't be hit during that animation either.

omg dog imba, i wanna go training room man can't wait for the release

About antiairing as Zappa I know the sword 2HS is good and you get a nice combo afterwards. 6P is the universal anti air but can you get any air combo afterwards, what normals can be used as antiair and lead to a combo? I played a lot of BB as hazama and every aa normal was jcancellable basically so easy hitconfirms to air combos every time. As Zappa I'm having trouble doing anything if the opponent is staying in the air all the time. Somebody in another thread said Zappa's air-to-air is crap so should I just dash under and try to do something from there. Is there a AA-normal that chains into jcancellable normal for easy hitconfirm? :)

Oh and are there any option selects in the game I should know about?

You have to think Zappa's 6P differently. His 6P is a great anti-air, I use it all the time, but not in the way that you think. If you anti-air with Zappa's 6P 9 times out of 10 it won't hit your opponent until they land. At best you'll catch them off guard when they land and you can go into a ground combo, at worst they'll block it. BOTH of these situations are good because you are put at an advantage. Every time you successfully anti-air with it you turn the tables and now you're all of a sudden putting on the pressure. Zappa's 6P won't get you air combos but instead ground combos.

The only time 6P will get you an aircombo is on counter-hit which I fish for alot. Zappa easily has one of the most versatilbe 6P's in the game because its really great against ground normals as well. There are a lot of mid to high ground moves that Zappa's 6P will beat thus getting your a counter hit.

If Zappa has no summon you would obviously combo into his summon

Sword:

Normal hit from 6P:

6P - 5S - 5HS (2 hit)

6P - 5S - 5HS (1 hit) - 63214HS

Counter hit 6P:

6P - 5S - 2HS (1 hit) - jc.K - jS. - dj.S - j.HS/D

Ghosts:

On normal hit 6P:

6P - 5S - 2S - 5HS - 236S (you can frc to continue the combo)

On counter-hit 6P:

6P - 5S - 5HS - 236HS (you can frc to continue into an air combo)

As far as air-to-air moves, his j.P is respectable for catching your opponent of guard or through anticipating your opponents next move. Other than that remember one Zappa has the sword, j.S and j.HS become really good air-to-air tools.

Also naked 6P counterhit, I do this instead of summon: 6P, 2HS, jP, jK, jS, JC, jS, jD. Same goes for counterhit 5K. They'll fly up and away after the jD giving you time to land and summon. If you want orbs then just do 6P, 2HS, 236P (RC 66 5P 236P...). Whenever I can ensure naked 2HS will connect, I put it in. Any counterhit 6P (or 5K) will make the opponent airborne. So as an aside to Zoogstin's ghost counterhit 6P, I would rather do: 6P, 5S, 5HS, jP, jP, jP, JC, jP, jP, jD, 236P/HS (depends on where they are).

Another thing to remember is the 6P is JC'able itself in case it's blocked.

There's a local tournament coming up in my area for AC+ and in the notes it says players using Zappa and Robo-Ky can request an AC station. Was there a detrimental change to Zappa that would allow this rule between AC and AC+?

that is odd, as far as i knew AC+ was identical to AC with the addition of more features in the game (but no changes to gameplay....)

that is odd, as far as i knew AC+ was identical to AC with the addition of more features in the game (but no changes to gameplay....)

Exactly what I thought. I'll have to ask the organizer.

Yay finally starting to understand the dog

I get the easy loop free (p or k stuff into s close, s puddle, 5d, repeat until too far away then do 6d 4d) but is there someway of looping with the 2hs? I want sat damage

Yay finally starting to understand the dog

I get the easy loop free (p or k stuff into s close, s puddle, 5d, repeat until too far away then do 6d 4d) but is there someway of looping with the 2hs? I want sat damage

If I remember right, 2HS c.S connects on crouching opponents. Or it's 2S. I can't recall correctly. Either way, the timing will probably be too difficult to do reliably, but you're welcome to try it and report back if you find a combo that works!

If I remember right, 2HS c.S connects on crouching opponents. Or it's 2S. I can't recall correctly. Either way, the timing will probably be too difficult to do reliably, but you're welcome to try it and report ck if you find a combo that works!

c5S on crouching opponents. The only good things about 2S is that the hurtbox is small and it staggers easy.

Phrekwenci can I play some games with you on xbl later? Getting bodied by you a week or so ago is the reason I switched to zappa lol

Want to steal some of your stuff and maybe get some advice. Il add you if you don't mind

I'd love to play you, but I haven't had power in about 11 days. Just send me a friend request and I'll add you back when I'm online. As for advice, just follow what's in this forum and you'll get it. A lot of my play style has been from years and years of experience. Sometimes that's just what you need.