Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoogstin

Zappa Love: Series Renovation. AC Edition!!!!

Hey Phrek, GG's online is horrible, I live in Georgia and you live in New York. This sounds like a horrible idea but maybe we could get some matches in as well when you get power back. It would be nice to fight against another experienced Zappa player. We've been playing for years so it would be nice to see where we're at (minus the rust). If the connection is even remotely bad (which it probably will be) we can stop.

I'm only on Xbox 360 and all you guys can add me. I had some matches with some people from long distances so we can just see what happens. Still no power though.

It looks like I'm back up and running. I'm burnt out from living in 1812 so I don't think I'll be online this weekend. However, enjoy this S+ Zappa video.

Holy crap that last match was intense. I cannot wait to get my hands on new Zappa. Ghost j.h knockdown, k toss FRC into aircombo is niiiiice.

What can you do against axl except get bodied? This awful guy was just mashing full screen unpunishable normals while i sat there losing. Wtf lol

There's some good tips in the matchup subforum, check those out. If you have any questions after reading up on that, feel free to ask and I can help out.

To punish his normals, you want the ghosts or naked. Toss ghosts or time your summon to clash with the second hit of his pokes and you'll get a free summon (or you can cancel the clash and run in if you want). Dog is rough to use in that fight but still useful. Sword is practically useless.

What can you do against axl except get bodied? This awful guy was just mashing full screen unpunishable normals while i sat there losing. Wtf lol

How to not lose to Axl? Don't jump, and get good at instant blocking. Don't get too into a momentum, or he'll toss out a counter and shut it down, leaving you summon-less and fucked.

Dumb troll question but is it possible to rc your dust into instant kill mode and grab them with it on their landing recovery?

I know ky can do his ground to air one in that situation but I wanna show people dat eye lol

That's why Zappa's 5K comes in handy. If he thinks you are going to run under an attack, use 5K and counter-attack it. It has lower body invincibility and will make Ky go airborne on counter-hit.

And if you do hit the CH, get in the habit of hit confirming into 2H summon or 2H j.c air combo. 6P is interchangeable when you want upper body, so rushing down Zappa turns into rock (6P), paper (5K), scissors (summon).

Or if you're in the corner, time a backdash to eat active frames and throw his ass. Zappa backdash ftw.

Nice matches Jailhouse, my execution is crap. I was yelling at my pad every time a regular HS move would come out when I tried to overdrive.

Yea ggs youre mad tight

What's the otg combo you're doing with the ghosts? Shit is mad good

I do the same OTG combo with the sword and the ghosts, just with a different ender depending on the summon. 2K, 5Sc, 2S. Then I do the K ghost toss (which is a black beat but many people get hit by it) or 6HS/2HS with the sword, depending on what I think you'll do. 2HS is jump-cancelable so I usually opt for that. Also with the ghosts I use 2P, 5P, 5P, 5Sf, 236HS OTG midscreen which is ends with a ghost that is made to cover rushdown.

I do the same OTG combo with the sword and the ghosts, just with a different ender depending on the summon. 2K, 5Sc, 2S. Then I do the K ghost toss (which is a black beat but many penople get hit by it) or 6HS/2HS with the sword, depending on what I think you'll do. 2HS is jump-cancelable so I usually opt for that. Also with the ghosts I use 2P, 5P, 5P, 5Sf, 236HS OTG midscreen which is ends with a ghost that is made to cover rushdown.

Damnn there's some dirty shit to be done with otgs with the ghosts in the corner

This is godlike -- otg 2k cl5s 2s, wait for tech, 6hs rc into whatever

But I can't get the 2s to hit after otg 2k cl5s with the sword like you described, always techs out. What gives?

And I just started incorporating this into my ghost Oki after I watched a few zidane Anji vids lol - blah blah 2d 236p, runup 50/50 dust/respect cancel 2k

His respect looks a lot like dust so its definitely super legit setup

But I can't get the 2s to hit after otg 2k cl5s with the sword like you described, always techs out. What gives?

It's very possible that it doesn't actually combo but I do it as pressure to keep them in the corner. If they are midscreen all you get is 2K 5Sc, 5Sf.

And I just started incorporating this into my ghost Oki after I watched a few zidane Anji vids lol - blah blah 2d 236p, runup 50/50 dust/respect cancel 2k His respect looks a lot like dust so its definitely super legit setup

I saw you do this setup on me a few times in our matches. I don't think it works too well on me because I know I can block the 236P ghost however I want so I am watching Zappa. I also can tell the dust from the respect. Zidane and I used to play back in #R on Xbox, I miss the days - he's too popular for me now. :(

Nice meeting you tonight phrek

You left pretty early though. Who beat you?

I lost in the semi-finals to the Bridget player. That's the type of characters I get frustrated with; the ones I can't catch (Millia, Chipp etc).