Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoogstin

Zappa Love: Series Renovation. AC Edition!!!!

Thank you for your responses :eng101: Very helpful. I'm also wondering about Zappas damage-potential. From videos I've seen he does very little damage on normal hits and he doesn't have any high-damage combos. Am I all wrong? Can Zappa bring pain?

Zappa can bring pain off specific set-ups with the sword, dusts and dog pressure. He won't do the kind of damage that the S and A tiers dish out, barring some sort of bizarre situation. I don't particularly suggest zappa for your first character. You need to learn to combo consistently with all of zappa's forms to be good. You'll only ever really be as good as your worst form, so it's rather hard.

raoh is one of the most dangerous guys in guilty gear :) he makes damage like no one,just one hit confirm with enough tension can make you win in few seconds!! but in general with zappa it's "you trick your ennemy,give him some pain,then trick him again....Etc. i think it's fair cause if zappa give a lot of damage with all his setups and advantages it won't be fair ofr the other characters !!

The dog can attack twice in succession. If the dog does a bite as the second hit, it is no longer unblockable, but rather lvl 5/6 block stun.

all the dog's second hit lose there prorieties!! the diagonal attack can even be blocked low :D

Yep. Also the dog's 8D allows the opponent to recover really quickly. Worst of all 2D and 8D don't give you orbs. But all of that info is in the guide.

guys you should watch all of nang in 's movies on youtube this guy is awesome and very creatif

Hi there, i need help with ID, I cant JC the first jD after 5D, I dont really understand the timing, if i mash 9 Zappa will JC but i loose the timing for the rest of the combo.

I believe you have to do: 5D>8>jD>99>jD. Double tap 9 and that should work. Try it. I normally FD and do one jD. I double tap with ABA's ID so that's where I'm getting it from.

5D>8>jD>7>9 (doublejump right after the homing jump cancel) jD>land>etc i find that easier than 99 because it takes off the chance of the airdash and i just feel better tapping 2 different directions

Yeah, for impossible dust to work you have to hit once at the very end of the 29 frame untech time, which lengthens it to 48 more frames. As an example, 5D puts 29 frames untech time. Any hit within these 29 frames immediately cancels any tech time left, and replaces it with 48 tech frames. However, if you hit AGAIN, the tech time is again cancelled, but this time replaced only with the normal untechable time. Thus, the idea is to get the maximum amount of untech time by hitting as close (but not after) to the 29th frame, and land long before your opponent to set up for another attack, continuing the combo.

i got problem with this combo from the tutorial vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqHiU3fnOuA at 1.47

66>cS>2HS>RC>66>2HS>cS>2HS>RC>66>2HS>cS>2HS>fS

when i do it on crouching Sol, the last 2HS doesnt hit.

hm... Not that bad of a combo, though perhaps a little advanced for a 'beginners' vid. Nonetheless, the timing is obviously strict, though I'm not sure if sol is crouching at that point (2HS staggers, and the c.S pulls them up anyways, right? Or perhaps I'm thinking of the swords c.s stats) I just tested it, and it's tricky; having trouble with it myself. If I figure out what the trick is, I'll post, but maybe it's momentum (hard to say from the vid itself). In any case, my preferred full meter naked combo is 2HS 2D 236P RC 66 c.s 236P RC 66 c.S 236P. (You can also substitute c.S with 2HS with some characters, but c.S helps get the heavier ones)

Edit: Lol, after looking at the vid in full, this combo was there too. Ignore me!

Anyways, I've never been a fan of the whole 2P 2K Summon combo. 2P isn't exactly safe as a rushdown, and I usually prefer to end my summon combos with 2D summon (because they have to fall through the air and wait to stand up, giving me more time to figure out both which summon I have and prepare for wakeup pressure, not to mention a little better damage*). But there's tons of ways to play zappa, that's just my personal opinion.

*Don't quote me on the more damage bit, just speculation.

In all seriousness that really is not a practical combo at all. You will NEVER hit a really good opponent with close Slash. EVER. Sweep into summon is the way to go, that's why I use (2P), 2K, 2D xx Centipedes. 2P is your fastest normal. It is a good combo starter.

Sweep into summon is the way to go, that's why I use (2P), 2K, 2D xx Centipedes. 2P is your fastest normal. It is a good combo starter.

And for those pesky defensive opponents. 2P, 2K *stall* 5K (2HS, air combo) - there a good chance that the person will notice you didn't follow-up with anything after the 2K, so they will try to attack and there's another good chance that the 5K will counter-hit (and send airborne).

In all seriousness that really is not a practical combo at all. You will NEVER hit a really good opponent with close Slash. EVER.

Sweep into summon is the way to go, that's why I use (2P), 2K, 2D xx Centipedes. 2P is your fastest normal. It is a good combo starter.

With the dog it should be possible, am I right?

I mainly practice those combos to raise my excecution level.