Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoogstin

Zappa Love: Series Renovation. AC Edition!!!!

no eddie sucking himself into the floor should be able to outlast raoh... the longer hes in there, the longer the recovery (and free ch).

But yes, that does happen, and is one of the reasons why some people unsummon raoh because they wont land hits =(

I know that, but i didnt want to get close and risk being grabbed and then punished.

I just stayed my distance and waited for an opportunity and then Raoh disappeared

and then he just rushed me, and i was basically helpless in that situation.

But one thing i can say is, Raoh is feared just as much as a Pot player.

I lol in my head when Raoh is out cuz people will either:

1) Try to rush me

or

2) Run away

I usually just accepted that Raoh was free chip damage. But then again... I don't play GG anymore, and when I do I use Pochop because I don't have to think then.

Hmm. I was trying to get the ghost FRC down, but I can only do it out of a combo because his stance doesn't change too much between gatlings. Did anyone find any little thing to help out with the strict timing?

P,K,S FRC timings are same. I do it out of muscle memory...but the timing is when Zappa puts his hands up I think. D throw FRC comes out a bit later. IT's when Zappa pushes up his tummy up(or twitch...).

But then again... I don't play GG anymore, and when I do I use Pochop because I don't have to think then.

Make me moderator, bitch!

Ha, not my call on who gets to mod. And I can make your words never happen! Power corrupts, and I like it. In other news, I'll put a word in for you with Gwergy.

P,K,S FRC timings are same. I do it out of muscle memory...but the timing is when Zappa puts his hands up I think. D throw FRC comes out a bit later. IT's when Zappa pushes up his tummy up(or twitch...).

The timing for the ghost is a bit funky sometimes, but as soon as you get the ghost

out, you should FRC the ghost. The ghost should still be close to you when you

send it and you want to FRC it.

As soon as I get the ghosts, as long as my opponent isn't in my face, I do a D toss and collect what doesn't stick on the way in.

As soon as I get the ghosts, as long as my opponent isn't in my face, I do a D toss and collect what doesn't stick on the way in.

Would it just be better to just throw a Homing toss(236P i think)> FRC and then

rush them? You still have ghosts at your disposal and dont have to

run around collecting them.

Would it just be better to just throw a Homing toss(236P i think)> FRC and then

rush them? You still have ghosts at your disposal and dont have to

run around collecting them.

I'm not running around collecting them. Generally, after the D toss the K ghost doesn't normally hit the opponent, and I'll grab that ghost and use it for cover while I block string the opponent as I grab the others (5P, 5P, 5P, 5P, 5P, 5P, 2K, 5S...).

I don't worry about when I get the ghost after they all disappear. I have some pretty good moves in my arsenal even without the ghosts (P, K, D) and if for some reason all of the ghosts connect quickly after the D toss (opponent is too close), I unsummon and get something new. I got 3 orbs for the connect, and can get another 3 after the next summon.

Depending on range, I'll do P toss FRC S toss, then chase the S ghost. The trick with this is that if one hits and the other just gets blocked, I can pick it up during my blockstring. The other trick to this is that it's very effective at controlling space, because all they can do to not block the ghosts is to run and jump over the S ghost, in which case I have a HS ghost ready to go. It's very effective at putting pressure on the opponent. Another trick I like to do is jump and do a P toss, K toss land, S toss and chase the S ghost. This is similar, but it's more of a mind game; they think I just got rid of all my ghosts, but gauranteed I'll grab one of them on my rushdown, and will instantly be able to use ghost attacks as soon as I'm in their face. Using this premise, you can do a lot of corner pressure tricks by throwing out more than one ghost until you get a haunting (because then the items behave like the third ghost for you automatically). For FRCing the ghosts in combos, all I can say is practice. It's a very fast FRC and because of hitstop from whatever move you used before, you need to hit it way before you think you have to. Once you get the hang of it, it'll probably be your favorite ghost option up close though.

In my triplet arsenal, its one of my strong points because i tend to play some serious mind games with it but i tend to screw sometimes and get caught quickly. But if i stop playing GG for maybe like a couple of weeks, i will totally forget the FRC point of the Triplets. But i gain it back, thanks to training modes helpfulness of telling you where it is. :eng101:

How many Zappa players do

we have as of right now?

I only see like maybe 4-5,

but i may be wrong.

That's a good question...

I think we have around 10-ish? But I believe some people no longer play zappa, or GG it all... Lemme try to list of some names, sorry if I forget someone

4gottenKazuma

Phrekwnci

Zoogstin

Zeero

Ankh (obviously)

Chomite (Do you play, or were you just answering that question a few pages back?)

Rudy

Pirateyoshi (Welcome to zappa, since I've only seen on post from you I'm assuming your new :3)

TryAgain

Me

I think that's all of them.. Does Fubarduck still play? I think someone mentioned he was at SBO or something, I'm not sure. I know Dangief doesn't really play much anymore D: (ST SUCKS) in b4 banned, But seriously, that's all I can think of off the top of my head...

Edit: Oh, and Kenji doesn't main zappa but he's been playing him more recently.

I play just a bit. Zappa was always on my list to learn but the learning curve with him is so hard...Especially the dog summon D: I can't confidently say he is my best character...sob...

I play just a bit. Zappa was always on my list to learn but the learning curve with him is so hard...Especially the dog summon D: I can't confidently say he is my best character...sob...

I guess you gotta have a 'mind' for him, huh? I love the dog, it's good fun. Zappa takes a lot of work but his wins are just so much more satisfying.

Honestly, IMO, he has a very easy learning curve compared to everyone

else due to the fact that you dont stick to an exact mindset when playing

him. You have to be able to be a bit versatile, but that is about it really.

Thats why i like him so much, he plays like 4 characters in one.

Honestly, IMO, he has a very easy learning curve compared to everyone

else due to the fact that you dont stick to an exact mindset when playing

him. You have to be able to be a bit versatile, but that is about it really.

Thats why i like him so much, he plays like 4 characters in one.

I can play Ghost, Sword, and Raoh but I just can't use dog well enough to say that I'm a good zappa player. :gonk:

Most people that play Zappa arent all that great with the Dog (including myself), but as long as you understand the gameplay of each Summon, then you are good to go.

If I was told correctly, Hellsap plays Zappa, and got 6th at EVO. Lost to Frank the Tank.

Yes he does, not too frequent here on the forums though.