Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CS1] Hakumen CS Combo Guide

Hm, that's a shame. It really feels odd that you can't combo after it after playing him in CT, oh well, just going to have to get used to it.

Yeah. And it even has kinda bad proration so it's not even worth RCing like his back throw. I don't know why they NERFED his counters. >_> I mean, aside from j.D. It's not like Hakumen players were running around breaking the CT metagame with D spam or something.

yeah, nerfing 5D was just stupid imo. we can only pray that in the upcoming patch, they put it back to what it used to be. i had a few matches last night where i managed to 5D someone into the corner, went to 5C and the opponent wokeup and countered me. i have to force myself to use 5A i guess.

Yeah. And it even has kinda bad proration so it's not even worth RCing like his back throw. I don't know why they NERFED his counters. >_> I mean, aside from j.D. It's not like Hakumen players were running around breaking the CT metagame with D spam or something.

5D has less proration than back throw. 100/77 vs 100/66.

quick question on tsubaki loop while in mugen, are they hop tsubaki's or TK tsubakis?

I assumed they were hop versions since you walk the opponent across the screen but i've never gotten more than 2-3 to hit in a row lol. is the timing that fast?

5D has less proration than back throw. 100/77 vs 100/66.

You mean because of the second number? That means that every subsequent move after it gets scaled down to 77% of its original damage?

They made the timing easier with 5D, but made it much less rewarding with no real combo options. It just feels odd, as if they thought 1700 dmg is enough.

Don't see why they decided to change his 6A as well, almost the entire cast has a similar move, so it's not like it was broken.

Oh well, just have to wait and see what they'll change with the patch.

You mean because of the second number? That means that every subsequent move after it gets scaled down to 77% of its original damage?

The first number is applied only if it's the first hit in a combo. The second number is always applied no matter what hit it is.

For example:

5D > 5C > 3C

1700[5D Damage] + (.8[Character Combo Proration] * 1[5D Initial Proration] * .77[5D General Proration] * 1110[5C Damage]) + (.8[Character Combo Proration] * 1[5D Initial Proration] * .77[5D General Proration] * .92[5C General Proration] * 1200[3C Damage])

quick question on tsubaki loop while in mugen, are they hop tsubaki's or TK tsubakis?

I assumed they were hop versions since you walk the opponent across the screen but i've never gotten more than 2-3 to hit in a row lol. is the timing that fast?

Yeah they are hop Tsubakis. You have to do them pretty fast, but it will always be possible to do enough to kill them provided they don't burst.

Yes, hop Tsubaki in Mugen is harder than I thought. I've done up to 7 reps, but only facing left. Facing right, I can't do more than 2-3.

Though speaking of Mugen, I prefer this combo, which carries over from CT:

-> [Renka(1)-Zan(1) -> Enma -> Tsubaki -> 5c] xN

I like it more now because you can be more liberal with Tsubaki's height. One rep costs roughly two stars' worth of Mugen time, so do three reps, then finish with renka(1) -> Shippu. It does enough damage to kill most of the cast.

Im curious, the dash up overhead move from trial 4, how the hell do you do it, and why do you have to dash prior to it? I mean i can tk the overhead all day but i can't get it out after a dash so im just trying to understand why it has to be after a dash. Also is there a trick to hitting it(the overhead i mean)?

Im curious, the dash up overhead move from trial 4, how the hell do you do it, and why do you have to dash prior to it? I mean i can tk the overhead all day but i can't get it out after a dash so im just trying to understand why it has to be after a dash. Also is there a trick to hitting it(the overhead i mean)?

TK j.214B/j.214C requires you to be stationary for a short while, doing nothing. 66/44, j.214B/j.214C can be done on the move, when you advance or retreat. The reach is also extened since you do a short hop, compared to simply TK:ing it.

It has a myriad of uses and it's another handy tool.

TK j.214B/j.214C requires you to be stationary for a short while, doing nothing. 66/44, j.214B/j.214C can be done on the move, when you advance or retreat. The reach is also extened since you do a short hop, compared to simply TK:ing it.

It has a myriad of uses and it's another handy tool.

Oh ok thanks, so is there any trick to doing it or am i just doing it too slow? Probably the latter but just checking to make sure.

Played around in training trying to do the laziest but still very damaging combo I could come up with and found a combo that results in the easiest ~7100dmg in BB, just for fun.

6[C] (FC), 6[C], 6C, Shippu

Useful? Not very. But fun do do vs friends that mutter to themselves sometimes "Darned Hakumen taking away half my life with 3 hits" :toot:

Of course this can only happen when you get a FC with charged 6C, have 4 magatamas and they don't have a burst... which happens like once every century when all the planets are alinged during midsummers eve, while it's snowing.

Or if you want to mix in a lazy Mugen...

6[C] (FC), Mugen, 6[C], TK j.214C, 214B(1), Zantetsu, 214A, 6C, Shippu = ~12000+ dmg

Oh ok thanks, so is there any trick to doing it or am i just doing it too slow? Probably the latter but just checking to make sure.

I do the input like this 6 63214C, meaning I first tap forward and then I do a quick halfcircle motion and then press C for a 66 j.214C . Works best for me.

You cancel the middle of the dash into the overhead. You can cancel the airborn part of the dash into the special.

I've noticed some errors in the combos here and there.

But I can mention an oddity now and cover the rest when I have a little more time.

Example:

(2) j.D, 5C, 5C > 623AA > falling j.2C, 2C > sj.2A, IAD j.2A, j.C (4244 damage)

In the video it only shows j.D, 5C > 623AA, but you can do 2 5C's before the 623AA, the timing is just a little tricky. Maybe you noticed this as well an it's not an error? The combo just differs from the video.

I noticed the lack of 6B combos, might as well list some of them

(0) 6B(2)CH > 5A > 5A > j.A > j.B > dj.2A > j.C (1849)

(1) 6B(2)CH > 5A > Gurren > hop 5B > j.A > j.B > dj.2A > j.C (2305)

(3) 6B(2)CH > 5A > Renka > Gurren > hop 5B > j.A > j.B > dj.2A > j.C (3388)

(4) 6B(2)CH > 5A > Renka(1) > Enma > falling j.2C > 2C > j.2A > AD > j.2A > j.C (4255) - your opponent must be around mid 6B range for this to work

(0) Corner 6B(2)CH > 5A > 5A > j.A > j.B > dj.2A > j.C > land > j.2A > j.C > 4C (2369) - you will need to do sj.2A on some characters

(1) Corner 6B(2)CH > 5A > 5A > j.A > j.B > dj.2A > j.C > land > j.2A > j.C > Gurren > 5C > 3C (2629) - you need to walk forward a bit before Gurren, you will need to do sj.2A on some characters

(2) Corner 6B(2)CH > 5A > Renka > 2C > j.2A > falling j.2C > 2C > j.2A > AD > j.2A > j.C > 5C > 3C (4587)

If you want to dump more magatamas for damage go ahead since the proration of 6B(2) > 5A aint so bad (100,90) and (80,95)

You can also link 2A instead if your opponent is too far for 5A, but it prorates more and is only cancelable with Renka

Edit: mAc Chaos, You should replace:

(3) Throw (corner) > Renka, 2C > sj.2A, j.C, Gurren, 5C, 3C (4078 damage)

with

(3) B+C > Renka > 2C > sj.2A > j.C > land > j.2A > j.C > Gurren > 5C > 3C (4175 damage)

timing is tight but you get optimal damage, works on everyone

Interesting. I haven't seen that throw combo before. I'll try it out in training mode.

Also you can do that original throw combo there without Gurren but the timing is tighter and spacing dependent.

Err, why not just do renka>5B/2C>j2A>j2C>2C>j2A>j2A>jC>5C>3C?

It returns 4.5k dmg and 1.5 magatama

Or even just do gurren version for 3.7k and 2 magatama return. This one you actually can increase your magatama count for the following set-up.

I thought Throw>Renka>corner loop blackbeated, guess I just lacked execution (or maybe I just assumed from back in CT). Thanks for the information Ryoko! And yeah, I usually go for the Gurren loop after throw, unless I have an excessive amount of magatamas

Edit: I can only do it with 5B, seems like when I do it with 2C, there's not enough untechable time in the end for the last airdash j.2A

Regardless of the hit, only one part of 6B can land. It's mad impractical but fun to have. The only character it could really be used more than once in a fight on.... would be Litchi (2B). She get's so low the first part of 6B will never hit.

also you can get a little bit better damage for the magnatama, even though it is a stupid hard 10 frame hit confirm, off a move that leaves you - 8 on block.... that's two parts and easily ib able.... i'll make a vid.

May as well post this if there are 6C FCs listed on the first page:

FC 6C, full 6C, 214B, 623AA, falling j.2C, 5C, 5C, 623AA, falling j.2C, 2C, j.2A x2, ad j.2A, j.C, 6C/5C, Shippu. > 10k damage.

Yes, that is a 10 magatama combo.

You must connect only with the second hit for those 6B (2) CH combos to work. It can be semi-useful vs Noel and Bang's 3C mostly, but then again there's plenty of other punish you can do instead. Basically your opponent must do an attack that puts him in a VERY low state as Leonil said