Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CS1] Hakumen CS Combo Guide

I thought Throw>Renka>corner loop blackbeated, guess I just lacked execution (or maybe I just assumed from back in CT). Thanks for the information Ryoko! And yeah, I usually go for the Gurren loop after throw, unless I have an excessive amount of magatamas

Edit: I can only do it with 5B, seems like when I do it with 2C, there's not enough untechable time in the end for the last airdash j.2A

If I'm reading his combo correctly, it's not j.2A > IAD j.2A, but just two j.2As in a row.

Hello everyone, I'm new here, mained Hakumen in CT (C Spammer >_>), and recently I've taken an interest in actually getting good with him, so I tried to learn these combos, but I've had a few problems, and figured asking here would be better than starting a separate thread.

Foreknowledge, if applicable: I'm using a controller, primarily the D-pad since the PS3 analog stick is terribly loose and difficult to be precise with (Not that the d-pad is much better).

First, does the 623AA have to be done from a distance? I've had quite a bit of trouble getting a training dummy to move around in response to the attack the same way all the videos show. I.e. they simply fly out of range so I can't go into a falling j.2C and continue the combo from there. I believe this may be because I've been starting off at melee range, but as I can't use my PS3 at the moment, I can't test this yet.

Further, is there any kind of secret to IADs or SJCs, as needed by some of these combos? I've had an impossibly difficult time trying to land the latter on several challenges (Often succeeding purely on luck), and the timing for IADing doesn't seem to be very concrete at all. It seems to change every jump. Additionally, does a 2A or any other attack immediately following an IAD have to be input during the dash itself? When I do manage to get out an IAD, there's at least a half second of lag before I can attack, which puzzles me as it doesn't seem to happen in the videos I've watched.

I know there is some trick to all of this, but so far it eludes me. Can anyone assist me?

Thanks,

~ Shockna

First, does the 623AA have to be done from a distance? I've had quite a bit of trouble getting a training dummy to move around in response to the attack the same way all the videos show. I.e. they simply fly out of range so I can't go into a falling j.2C and continue the combo from there. I believe this may be because I've been starting off at melee range, but as I can't use my PS3 at the moment, I can't test this yet.

Throw out something to hitconfirm before you go throw out Enma. 5b, 5c, 2b>5b. If you're throwing out Enma as your starter it usually won't work unless you just happen to dash under one of their attacks (since it has upper body invuln).

Further, is there any kind of secret to IADs or SJCs, as needed by some of these combos? I've had an impossibly difficult time trying to land the latter on several challenges (Often succeeding purely on luck), and the timing for IADing doesn't seem to be very concrete at all. It seems to change every jump. Additionally, does a 2A or any other attack immediately following an IAD have to be input during the dash itself? When I do manage to get out an IAD, there's at least a half second of lag before I can attack, which puzzles me as it doesn't seem to happen in the videos I've watched.

I assume you're talking about the j.2A IAD j.2A link. There is a short delay before your IAD will link into the second j.2A. You can buffer j.2A during the IAD but it shouldn't ever bluebeat; otherwise you're dashing too late after the initial j.2A.

If I'm reading his combo correctly, it's not j.2A > IAD j.2A, but just two j.2As in a row.

There is an AD in there. I just never bother to write it.

Edit: I may be mistaken with 2C working in the corner throw. I never use 2C anyways because you get much better height control with 5B for the eventual knockdown, and you are sacrificing very little damage for it.

Okay, I get it now on those 6b combos. But it's so specific, it's almost useless expect against some moves, I guess.

I suppose I'll post my own useless combo I just found out, then:

2c CH (low AA) -> f.2c -> 5b -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.C (2688 dmg, meterless)

For those times when your 2a AA hit the guy very low, you can do this. But the spacing and timing is strict enough that there isn't much point in attempting it. :lol:

If you wanna talk about specific, look at that combo. Also if only the first part hit's of 6B, you can still combo, the gap is large enough for 2A, which is generally more reliable and reaches farther.

let's get some more practicality in this thread.

2C AA > hjc > j.2C > Tsubaki > land > 2B > Gurren > haku hop > 5A > jc > j.A > j.B > jc > j.2A > j.C

2C AA > hjc > j.2C > Tsubaki > land > 5C > Enma > jc > falling j.2C > land > 2C > jc > j.2A > j.C

less than 3 hit starter into > Enma > jc > falling j.C > land > 2C > hjc > j.C > j.C

j.A CH > airdash > j.A > Tsubaki > land > 2B > Gurren > haku hop > 5A > jc > j.A > j.B > j.2A > j.C

4B+C > RC > IAD > j.2C > 5C > enma > jc > falling j.2C > 2C > hjc > j.2A > airdash > j.2A > j.C

corner

any two hits into > enma > jc > falling j.2C > 2C > hjc > j.C > j.C > land > 5C > 3C

There's alot more, and damage will be posted soon, ebgames is about to close brb.

Didn't flip through the past few pages so this is probably old, but Suzume had a sexy combo when you're midscreen and close to the wall.

5C > 623AA > falling j.2C > 2C > hj.C > falling j.2A > AD > j.2A > j.C > 5C > 3C

Throw out something to hitconfirm before you go throw out Enma. 5b, 5c, 2b>5b. If you're throwing out Enma as your starter it usually won't work unless you just happen to dash under one of their attacks (since it has upper body invuln).

And after Enma hits, jump with 9, right? After the hit the dummy seems to fly off at a slight rightward angle, making just a straight jump ineffective.

I assume you're talking about the j.2A IAD j.2A link. There is a short delay before your IAD will link into the second j.2A. You can buffer j.2A during the IAD but it shouldn't ever bluebeat; otherwise you're dashing too late after the initial j.2A.

I was actually talking about SJCs and IADs in general, at any time, but this context is one of those. The blue beat always occurs to me after I do 2C after the j.2C.

And after Enma hits, jump with 9, right? After the hit the dummy seems to fly off at a slight rightward angle, making just a straight jump ineffective.

I was actually talking about SJCs and IADs in general, at any time, but this context is one of those. The blue beat always occurs to me after I do 2C after the j.2C.

yes. and for the second part that means that you're j.2C isn't hitting low enough. typically a good visual key to look for is when hakumen's knees stop bending. if the j.2C hits low enough then the 2C will never blue beat.

Off throw in the middle of the screen, if you have decent amount of meter (4 magatamas or more), start using the following set-up.

throw>gurren>5B>super jump j2A (straight up)

The j2A will cause knockdown at that point in the combo, and you will be in position to dash at the opponent for an oki.

The reason this is a really good mid screen oki game is because you are in position to prevent all 3 types of tech, and it's a safe air entry. With this jump in, you can do a meaty j2C that's completely safe from reversals due to how close to the ground you are (it's a really deep approach). So if, for example, Ragna decides to dp you, you will simply auto block it.

Secondly, You can control the j2C hit, meaning that you can decide if you want it to come out or not. If you do the j2C slightly earlier than the above situation, then the animation will come out (and still be on top of the target), but the active frame would have ceased. This is a very hard to see feint, and you can land and do whatever the hell you want (land immediately throw, low, hop anything, etc).

If you decide to go for the meaty hit, you can also go from j2C>tsubaki or land low for another fairly hard to see mix-up (I would actually suggest going straight into renka for low because it's more ambiguous in conjunction with tsubaki).

Hey Guys. I'm a new Hakumen/Bang main and I wanted to ask a question about the Falling C combo. Here is teh basic form:

[starter move] > 623AA > falling j.2C, 2C > sj.2A, IAD j.2A, j.C

I know you do a starter move, cancel into Renka/623AA, and then jump cancel into falling j.2C. I understand that the falling j.2C is used when you are falling/at the pinnacle of your jump. But after that, when I land, the 2C doesn't connect. It is made a possible combo escape route, that's it. Not only that, but how do I IAD in the air? Is it possible after you super jump in the air? That was probably a stupid question, lol. Did I mistake anything? I feel like I have and I don't realize it.

Hey Guys. I'm a new Hakumen/Bang main and I wanted to ask a question about the Falling C combo. Here is teh basic form:

[starter move] > 623AA > falling j.2C, 2C > sj.2A, IAD j.2A, j.C

I know you do a starter move, cancel into Renka/623AA, and then jump cancel into falling j.2C. I understand that the falling j.2C is used when you are falling/at the pinnacle of your jump. But after that, when I land, the 2C doesn't connect. It is made a possible combo escape route, that's it. Not only that, but how do I IAD in the air? Is it possible after you super jump in the air? That was probably a stupid question, lol. Did I mistake anything? I feel like I have and I don't realize it.

Watch Hakumen closely during this combo. After the jumpcancel you perform the falling j.2C when Hakumen is drawing his legs. The 2C must follow immediately after landing and, when we`re already at this point, you release the stick/d-pad during the animation of the 2C and move it quickly from 2 to 9 and back to 2+A to superjumpcancel the 2C into a j.2A. After landing this hit you enter 66 in air for the airdash and hold directly 2 and press A for antoher j.2A. After the j.2A hits the dummy (or oppenent) you press C with a very short delay. When you`re able to perform this combo constantly, you have gained a good tool to transport your opponent into the corner. Starters like 5C or the mentioned 214B(1hit) you can add to your training for 623A+A>jc>j2C>\/>2C>sjc>j.2A>ad>j.2A>j.C (the combo we`re talking about) to get a feeling for it at different situations. 5C can result in an abare-combo (a combo out of an accidental hit) or the 214B(1hit) to open your opponents guard.

The IAD in the air(I assume you're talking about the one in his corner combo) isn't an actual IAD in the traditional sense. Just airdash(66) after the j.2A as soon as you can.

I've now done through Challenge 7 on Hakumen (Working on 8), so I'm somewhat familiar with his BnB, but something seems different.

For the people that suggest to watch Hakumen's knees:

When you say "wait for them to stop bending", do you mean when they turn all the way inward, or afterward? Because his legs seem to bend in (To what would be a crouching stance on the ground) and then bend partially back outward in the course of about 1.5-2 seconds. Do I need to try to go for that in between (As I do in Challenge mode, though I'm guessing the timing there is different due to the need for absolute perfection with a CPU that techs at the earliest possible millisecond every time), or wait for the short period between a complete stop and the ground? Doing the challenge mode method doesn't seem to work as it should in training.

I don't think I'll bug everyone too much longer; if I still can't get this after a few more posts I probably just need to heighten my reflexes/improve muscle memory.

I've now done through Challenge 7 on Hakumen (Working on 8), so I'm somewhat familiar with his BnB, but something seems different.

For the people that suggest to watch Hakumen's knees:

When you say "wait for them to stop bending", do you mean when they turn all the way inward, or afterward? Because his legs seem to bend in (To what would be a crouching stance on the ground) and then bend partially back outward in the course of about 1.5-2 seconds. Do I need to try to go for that in between (As I do in Challenge mode, though I'm guessing the timing there is different due to the need for absolute perfection with a CPU that techs at the earliest possible millisecond every time), or wait for the short period between a complete stop and the ground? Doing the challenge mode method doesn't seem to work as it should in training.

I don't think I'll bug everyone too much longer; if I still can't get this after a few more posts I probably just need to heighten my reflexes/improve muscle memory.

The timing isn't as hard as you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLz7w54615Y&feature=related#t=0m09s

If you want another indication to go by, wait until a little bit after the opponent flips over in the air and their head is going toward the ground.

Also, challenge mode timing is the same timing you should be using outside of it. Set the enemy to tech immediately in training mode if it is blue beating.

I've now got the timing down for the falling j.2C down to memory. Sadly, due to a few awkwardly shaped grooves on my thumbs, the sj.2A is impossible (Did a normal j.2A on challenge mode, doesn't seem to work in training) until I can muster the money to buy a stick, which I'm planning on in a few months.

Thanks for the help everyone, you've all been great. Much friendlier than any of the other forums I went to!

another noob haku Q for the falling combo.

i got it all down, and sometimes i get it, but it seems after the first sj.2a, i dont IAD fast enough after the hit connects, so i rarely finish off with the j.2a, j.c....only the j.2a.

is there a specific timing to do the IAD to make him dash faster? or is it something else im doing wrong?

You need to input the airdash the first moment you can after your j.2A connects, and then input the j.2A after the airdash as soon as you can or it'll miss. So you're just not timing it right.

Came back from a tourney this weekend with lots of new stuff, though only one combo. It is:

[Normal CH starter] -> 3c -> 2b -> Gurren -> hop 5b -> j.a-j.b -> j.2a -> j.C

Note: For 6a, you can add a j.2c before the 3c. Hop 5b is subject to optimization, but I find it's all-purpose, so it's what I use.

I found out just about anything on CH goes into this (even 5a!). Exceptions are 2a, 6b, and 6c, and I believe that's it. Single best 1star combo you got, great positioning, ~3k dmg, and good momentum. It's that good.

Pretty sure more experienced dudes already know about this, just putting it out there.

I believe something like that is in Haku's challenge mode combos. I need to update the first post soon...

It's pretty good though, as I was looking for a replacement to Haku's old 3C > 6B > Gurren > 6C and such combos from CT.

Came back from a tourney this weekend with lots of new stuff, though only one combo. It is:

[Normal CH starter] -> 3c -> 2b -> Gurren -> hop 5b -> j.a-j.b -> j.2a -> j.C

Note: For 6a, you can add a j.2c before the 3c. Hop 5b is subject to optimization, but I find it's all-purpose, so it's what I use.

I found out just about anything on CH goes into this (even 5a!). Exceptions are 2a, 6b, and 6c, and I believe that's it. Single best 1star combo you got, great positioning, ~3k dmg, and good momentum. It's that good.

Pretty sure more experienced dudes already know about this, just putting it out there.

Another note to add IIRC, 2A counter can combo into 6A for that exact same combo.

Edit: After trying it out, it doesn't work.

Hey, Dio! Weren't you the red Haku at T11? You're the guy I sto -- learned this from! :eng101:

No, really, the "new" stuff I'm talking about was pretty much taken just from seeing you play. So I should say credit goes to the deserving, and that'd be the one and only DioBrando.

You should post more around here too, I'm pretty sure we'd all benefit from it. You've got a pretty damn solid Haku, I'd say.

After playing around with Hakumen in training mode, I "discovered" this 5B combo that works on everyone, even tiny ass Carl.

(4 , 1) 5B > jc > j.B xx j. 214C > 2B xx 214A > Hop 5B > jc > j. A > j. B > dj > j. 2A > j. C -- 3910 damage

What's up Sophist and Dio? :razz: I'm double maining Haku and Tager now.

You could simply hit-confirm 5B into Renka(1) > Enma bnb for more damage. 5B jump cancel is useful if it's blocked for a quick overhead (for a 50/50 between Tsubaki/Renka).