Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CS1] Hakumen CS Combo Guide

(2 , 1) 5B xx 623AA into BnB -- 3258 damage

My combo does more damage, but it's less efficient, you burn 2 extra stars for only 700 more damage. It looks stylish as hell though. :razz: It's also easier to perform, but that's kind of irrelevant. I'd say it's only worth it if you'll kill your opponent. Thanks for the insight into the 5B 50/50 mix up though, I somehow keep forgetting that the first hit of Renka is a low...

Hey, it's Tofu! Want to learn Haku, eh? Tager finally got to you? :P

I think Facidi means that you could do 5b CH (AA) -> 5c -> Renka(1)-Enma -> etc. instead for better pushback and damage for 4 stars. That first combo you listed there is better suited to 2c CH, really, since you can't do 5c after. In that case you'd do:

2c CH -> sj.2c -> Tsubaki -> etc.

But if you just want to kill the other guy and you have 4 stars, I'd just do shippu since that's unburstable for roughly the same amount of damage (add 5c after the 5b if you think he won't burst it).

Hope you have fun with Haku, it can be a bit tricky to get a hang of his finer points. Hop in here anytime you need help, though. :)

Ewww Tofu, I ain't helping you lol.

Anyways, your first combo posted, I don't recommend due to star to damage ratio. Just do 5B (5C if CH) regular BnB. Can add in 214B(1) into BnB.

My personal tip: Know all the common starters, middle and enders.

Starters are like 5C, 5B, 3C, some kind of CH

Middles are stuff like the "falling j.2C combo", 2B 214A 66 5A/B air combo, or whatever.

Enders are like 5C 3C, 5C 214A or whatever you want.

Many of the combos have interchangeable parts, just mix and match. Note however some combos won't work properly due to lack of tech time. Being a Tager player and I know you love doing tech traps, that's okay for you. I'll explain.

Example:

5C (CH), 3c -> 2b -> 214A -> hop 5b -> j.a-j.b -> j.2a -> j.C is a common combo that works normally.

2A (CH), 6A, 3c -> 2b -> Gurren -> hop 5b -> j.a-j.b -> j.2a -> j.C does not work, but the situation looks very similar. They can tech after the hop 5b. If the opponent mashes buttons to tech, you can use the opportunity to high jump towards and tech trap with grab or something. You gotta know what combo works and doesn't.

Of course, use sparringly Haku-men isn't the same as Tager. If anything, go for knock-down and position yourself close for pressure or GTFO and build bar.

P.S. play GG. (end shameless advertisement)

Sophisticat: I don't post much. I did like only twice back in the CT section. I mostly post in my region area.

I need some assistance. I am really frustrated about whats going on in CS with my Hakumen. I have played CT and i got down the combos rather easily, but in CS its damn hard. I have a hard time with:

-hitting opponent with 2a after air dash in the bnb combo. And i still dont understand whats the point of doing sj except from the renka 1, 623AA starter.

-The situations in which Hakumen can hop 5A are a lot yet i hardly can capitalize on any of them. Jump A(or JB) after 5A misses most of the time for me(i dont think its cause of the online)

-Jump C at the and of most of the combos doesnt connect.

What is extremly irritating is that i loose to the same people that i used to beat like 10-0/9-1 most of the time in CT. At this point i am seriously considering dropping Hakumen(for Jin or something). I dont mind losing and stuff, but it takes great part of the actual fun of playing the game for me when i lose cause of missed combos...

How did you guys made the transition from CT?

i didn't

LOL

As for your problems...

1) You don't ALWAYS need a super jump. It's become a situational thing in CS. Sometimes doing a normal jump is what lets you connect the combo. You just have to figure out when. Although for his normal 623AA midscreen business, you need the super jump I believe to still connect all the links.

If you can't hit him with IAD j.2A after the first j.2A, you must be inputting the airdash or the 2A too late.

2) The hop 5A stuff just takes some strict timing. Just practice it.

3) His j.C as a combo ender is specific to characters and situations. Sometimes it won't connect in which case a slightly different combo might be better.

*snip*

I really appreciate the in-depth post Dio, thank you very much!

And you're smart for anticipating that I would be looking for tech traps with Hakumen. :razz: I managed to work out a couple I liked, I'll post them up after a bit more testing. And I was actually planning on picking up GG, at the very least I hope to be able to compete against like Roldy lol. I'm probably going to play May though.

-The situations in which Hakumen can hop 5A are a lot yet i hardly can capitalize on any of them. Jump A(or JB) after 5A misses most of the time for me(i dont think its cause of the online)

If j.a/j.b after j.a doesn't connect, but you're doing it fast enough, it means you're not high enough. Do sj.a instead.

You might want to use hop 5b instead, though. I find the height at which it hits is just the right spot. Tip to hitting with 5b: work on the timing for the hop after Gurren, then hold down B after you land. The input buffer will get 5b out automatically.

Still making it. :(

I find it hard to get damage, but my recent experience at the T11 tourney changed my way of thinking about Haku's gameplan. That is, gotta play more SF footsies, and you can't be afraid of using meter to get damage. I simply play too conservatively, which worked in CT, but no longer. :\

However, if your problem comes from dropping combos, you just need to put in more practice. Mac addressed your issues, so I hope you'll have an easier time of it now.

Watched a lot of videos of japanese trailers, trained A LOT, played against my friends who are equally as good in blazblue. Still learning, but that's the thing with fighting games, you never stop learning. Learn you bnb's and learn how to use your normals most effectively in all your match ups.

Interesting note:

I'm not sure if this has been said already but, you can hop hotaru on a blocked inferno divider and get a fatal, preferably ib'ed because you have MUCH more time to hope and use hotaru but you can do it without ib'ing. I haven't tested this with tk hotaru but it would be preferable to hop anyways since it brings you closer to ragna.

BC > 214A > 66 > 5B > jc > j.A > j.B > djc > j.2A > j.C Works on Valkenhayn.

5B/5C > 623AA > j.2C > 5C <-- doesn't seem to work on Valkenhayn.

BC > 214A > 66 > 5B > jc > j.A > j.B > djc > j.2A > j.C Works on Valkenhayn.

5B/5C > 623AA > j.2C > 5C <-- doesn't seem to work on Valkenhayn.

WTF, why not?

Completely impractical combo, highest damage I could find w/o mugen:

FC 6C > hop > 5C > 214B(1) > 623AA > f. j.2C > 5C > 5C > 623AA > f. j.2C > 5C > 2C > j.2A > f. j.2C > 2C > j.2A > IAD j.2A > j.C > 5C > 632146C - [9893] 10 stars.

Combo should pretty much always wall carry since you can squeeze in 4 hops tops after FC 6C :3

Completely impractical combo, highest damage I could find w/o mugen:

FC 6C > hop > 5C > 214B(1) > 623AA > f. j.2C > 5C > 5C > 623AA > f. j.2C > 5C > 2C > j.2A > f. j.2C > 2C > j.2A > IAD j.2A > j.C > 5C > 632146C - [9893] 10 stars.

Combo should pretty much always wall carry since you can squeeze in 4 hops tops after FC 6C :3

Does it still all connect if you do FC 6C > 6C(full charge) > hop > 5C > etc?

Ryoko already posted higher damage combos a while ago: link here.

But if you could tack on an extra [6c] after the first one, your combo might beat his out, though it seems much harder to pull off and less guaranteed.

Dunno, didn't try it. Would probably break 10k if it did though lawl

Yeah, ridiculous that it even connects. You can do FC 6C > hop > 6C(full charged) > hop > 5C. Hitstun is as crazy as it is impractical.

Ok, revision on that combo:

FC 6C > full charge 6C > hop > 5C > 214B(1) > 623AA > f. j.2C > 5C > 5C > 623AA > f. j.2C > 5C > 2C > j.2A > f. j.2C > 2C > j.2A > IAD j.2A > j.C > 5C > 632146C - [10911] 10 stars.

Ryoko already posted higher damage combos a while ago: link here.

But if you could tack on an extra [6c] after the first one, your combo might beat his out, though it seems much harder to pull off and less guaranteed.

Hence why I said "completely impractical combo" lol, highest damage w/o mugen so far though? =D

Highest you can do without Mugen is 11050 IIRC (Corner only of course). I'll try to remember/test when I have more time. I'll edit my post when I find it again

EDIT -> decided to test it right now and I found it right away:

Corner -> FC 6C [FC] > Hop > 6C [FC] > 5C > Renka (1) > Zantetsu > 5C > Zantetsu > 2C > j.2A > falling j.2C > 2C > j.2A > AD > j.2A > j.C > land > j.2A > j.C > Gurren > 5C > 3C (11117 damage/21 hit)

Is there an advantage to using a superjump cancel in 2C j2A? So far I can combo with no SJ cancel.

EDIT: Okay, maybe I should. Any tips for doing it on stick? Can't seem to get 2C superjump down consistently.

Hello Haku-MEN I'm new so please forgive my ignorance if this has already been discussed I just haven't found an answer while searching yet.

In: 623a~a, j.2c, V, 2c, sj.2a, ad.2a, j.5c [or] throw, gurren, d.5a, sj.5a, j.5b, dj.2a, dj.5c

Are the super jumps really nessecary? Every time I super jump my j.5c whiffs. Every time I jump cancel normally the j.2a still combos and my j.5c doesn't whiff(I've even tested this on Carl and it works fine).

I didn't play Hakumen in CT so once again pardon the lack of knowledge on a subject I would imagine is common knowledge.

Sj. isn't mandatory like in CT, but you'll still use it in some cases where 2c would launch them a bit too high for regular j.2a.

Examples would be after renka(1)-enma, against some characters in corner combos, etc.

Couple new combos:

Now, in the corner, the best you can do off a Hotaru with 2 stars is: -> j.2c -> 5c -> 2c -> j.2a -> etc.

However, j.2c -> 5c -> 2c can be inconsistent. So I tried omitting the j.2c and ta-da! Easy big damage corner link combo. All you have to do is hit 5c just before the opponent reaches the top of their arc, 5c -> 2c will hit every time. I forget the damage it does, but I think it's about 5k. Not bad at all for 2 stars.

Now for quite possibly the best non-hotaru 4 star corner combo:

[corner] Renka -> 5c -> renka -> 2c -> j.2a -> j.2c -> etc. For... err... 6k I think, I forget. Very tight combo after second 2c, though. They can easily tech out.

If you want to have fun with RC, RC the first hit of renka for equivalent damage and an easier time doing the combo. Not practical, but pretty flashy.