Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Phantom Breaker (Now coming to arcades)

I suspect a sales. it would be great if it was price drop as its current rice is really steep for what it is.

Yeah, from what I see, its part of the 5pb sale which is going on until 8/27, so yeah, it won't last long for that price, but yeah, its a good discuont, might actually pick it up this time (Update: Just did, lol.). Also, if its any indication, the 360 "On Demand" digital version is also part of the sale too. (Which is also region free to play digitally.)

That, or wait on the English release that they're still trying to work out on, also, PB:BattleGrounds has been recently released overseas lately on the Vita.

Well, necro-post, anyways, to shed light further on the PB series, nothing much yet on the PB:Extra Campaign yet (its been about a good 6 months and nothing has happened, yet).

Good news though, Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds is now coming to Steam, no price or anything yet, but expecting to be around the same from either the 360 or the Vita version's price point along with Kurisu probably either included in-game, or I'm guessing the latter, as purchasable DLC. And to top it all off, its coming rather soon, and by soon, 1/23/15.

I'm convinced 5pb can't figure out anything else to do with this series other than port Battle Grounds to every platform under the sun. From the 360 demo I tried it seemed like a pretty lousy game.

I'm convinced 5pb can't figure out anything else to do with this series other than port Battle Grounds to every platform under the sun. From the 360 demo I tried it seemed like a pretty lousy game.

Well, what do when a company ends up releasing most of the time VN's and the oddjob random genre game once in a while. Anyways, that's your opinion, you just can't seem to fully grasp the game more, but oh well. And I wouldn't call it lousy, yeah, it gets repetative, but that's how beat-em-up's are anyways.

I kind of have to stand behind Tax if he talking about Battle grounds game, the original PB while rough around the edges was still playable. PBBG really isn't that great but since their lack of 2d beatem up , PBBG does fill niche genre but some thing's I don't like abut it. (character omitted, lack luster mode, and certain design choices as dlc and how vs mode is handle) Not to mention we were promise more content. ( Fruad, Fin,  and ende)

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/phantombreaker_screenshot.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/27/phantom-breaker-battle-grounds-getting-characters-new-mode-dlc/

Personally I'm little disappointed in 5pb handling Phantom Breaker. As one of their only game that suppose to be their own. (most other were collaborations with other companies) I would expect the series to be treated with little more...better. Though I wont completely fault 5pb as publisher has screw them over few times. But their still questionable practices.

I was hoping the localization for PB:E would have come through. Look like I'll have to import.

Their really no reason to wait on that sense they sort-of removed story mode and PBE focus more on gameplay. 

The ps3 version has the most people playing how ever the ps3 version performance is consider inferior since it loads slower than xbox version and PSN is very finicky (no mic support on ps3 version )

The xbox360 version seem to load faster and a more accommodating net play, however the player base is much smaller than ps3 version due to popularity.

The Facebook Phantom Duel held a podcast recently to discuss phantom Breaker stuff. It was done short notice so material isn't the best. ( and it was my first podcast so....yeah sorry )

Mostly we just lightly touch on the history of series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8qHLqSaA7U

Not sure if were going to be doing another one.

If anyone cares...PB:BG - Overdrive is now out on PS4.

Yes, already tried it at AX 2015, the additions are really minor, but I guess better than nothing to make it more updated/upgraded. But still, I'm a nut for the series anyways.

If anyone cares...PB:BG - Overdrive is now out on PS4.

Yes, already tried it at AX 2015, the additions are really minor, but I guess better than nothing to make it more updated/upgraded. But still, I'm a nut for the series anyways.

Just got that and my copy of PB:E arrived in the mail this week.

Just got that and my copy of PB:E arrived in the mail this week.

congrats on getting Phantom Breaker Extra, sadly I don't have My ps3 or an xbox360 to play you for while ( due to me losing my console). It'll take while for me to get them back but if you joined the face book group their still few who plays the game. So you can get some competition. 

I also don't mind helping you learning the game as well. I can't say I master this game but material I've research is is 80% accurate.

If willingly to hear a suggestion I recommend you start by learning the mechanics and style first before jumping to character. 

Quick Style

+  High mobility

+ 1.5 burst meter modifier: Every action will increase the meter gain. For example, one action that builds 16% in other styles, will build 24% in Quick Style.

+1.5x guard meter modifier: Guard meter will take additional damage from Quick Style characters, allowing them to guard crush more quickly.

+ Loose chain system: Can chain 2a’s together (allow frame traps), can do the following Sequence A’s>B’s>C’s. Also C>6C is possible

+Slipshift cancels from 5sp: It’s possible to use various follows ups from 5sp in exchange for 50% of burst meter. short slow down effect upon activation, similar to Yellow roman cancel seen in GG series. 

+Dodge: Quick Style's Nullify attack: the user will dodge the oncoming attack, making the opponent whiff their attack; there’s a short slowdown effect upon activation, allowing the user to take appropriate countermeasures.(can use slip shift as guard cancel into hijump or forward/back dash.)

+Overdrive: Upon activation, everything but the user will slow down drastically. During the Overdrive state the user will also be able chain certain attack that would otherwise be impossible, similar to custom combo seen in SF alpha series.

* Average damage output

-Weakest guard gauge value (easiest to guard crush)

-.Slow down effects acts as double edge sword in few scenarios.

-Slow tension bonus rate:( during tension mode, burst gauge recharges the slowest)

-Longest overheat state from Overdrive and Phantom Breaker.

-Shortest overdrive state.

- Certain attack lose knockdown proprieties against crouching opponents. (for example sweeps will cause a re stand instead of a knockdown)

Hard style

+ High HP and Damage output

+ certain attacks does not lose knockdown proprieties on crouching opponent.

+ Certain special will have added amour, guard points, or invulnerability frames.

+ Fastest dash speed, and ground crossover (the initial dash start up is fastest and ground crossover animation is shortest)

+Larger grab range

+Hover: can slow down jumping descent. I(deal for oki or allows easier arieal cross up ).

+Tension build from charging Counter burst: (mid charge builds 5% and full charge 10%)

+Critical burst: An unblockable attack from fully charge Counter Burst, similar to the Focus attack seen in SF4.

+Set Burst: An enhanced version of Critical Burst with devastating damage potential, possible only in tension Mode.

+ Protect: Hard’s Nullify Attack: User will perform an even stronger guard that’ll negate the attack.

+Ovderdrive: Upon activation the user will completely freezes everything for  a few frames. During the overdrive state the user will be impervious to attacks.. Similar to R.A.G.E mode seen in MK vs DC.

*Ovderdrive state stall: Quick Stlye’’s overdrive will extend Hard’s overdrive due to its slow down effect.

*Moderate guard gauge

*Moderate Tension bonus

-5Sp has slow start up

-Slowest Mobility

-Restricted Chain system: A>C, B>C,

-Lowest burst gauge modifier

-No double jump or back air dash.

Extra style

+Burst gauge stack to 400%

+Ability to switch between quick and hard style

+Highest tension mode bonus: will restore 200% in tension mode.

+Reflection:  A particular clash that’ll either stagger opponents (stun), stall (slow down), or cause guard crush (if guard gauge is low).immune to low attacks.

+Hybrid: Extra overdrive is combination of the Quick and Hard overdrive. Will switch style upon activation.

+Shortest overheat state

*Ovderdrive has set cost of 100%

*Has moderate speed

*Moderate burst gauge modifier.

*Retain double jump regardless of style

*Retain slipshift guard cancel regardless of style

-No Phantom breaker

-No Nulify attack

-Rrastically low HP and damage output

-Reflection only possible if have less than 25% of burst gauge or at 0%.

Thanks for the info! I won't be getting around to really playing the game for a while (I have a full plate already) but I have messed around with it a little before shelving it. It's dangerously easy to get mash-happy when playing due to its simplicity; I'll need to watch myself there. Fun game though. Even the person we recommended the game to on that other site a while back finally tried it out and really likes the game too (said it's exactly what he was looking for).

Thanks for the info! I won't be getting around to really playing the game for a while (I have a full plate already) but I have messed around with it a little before shelving it. It's dangerously easy to get mash-happy when playing due to its simplicity; I'll need to watch myself there. Fun game though. Even the person we recommended the game to on that other site a while back finally tried it out and really likes the game too (said it's exactly what he was looking for).

can i get your psn so we can play some games?

the more I see the arcade version, the more apparent it becomes why this game had little showing, If %PB every revisits this instead of milikng battle ground they need to port Extra to the arcades, while fixing some glitches. .  

Yeah, also, false promises that had much bad luck to this series, more or less. Having its Vanilla English release canned due to lazy devs. (The game still exists in some form). The PC release of BattleGrounds not getting its updates that it needs. And nothing about the Extra version considered overseas, and its been at least 2 years, and nothing came out of 5PB USA's (AKA Strangely Compelling) socials. >_>

At least funny that the Artbook (which I've yet to finish reading through) got a translation. And if only Extra had an English release, or rather a new PB game or something. At least so far lately PB:BG got backwards compatibility for the X1.

On 11/17/2015, 5:35:09, NeoStrayCat said:

Yeah, also, false promises that had much bad luck to this series, more or less. Having its Vanilla English release canned due to lazy devs. (The game still exists in some form). The PC release of BattleGrounds not getting its updates that it needs. And nothing about the Extra version considered overseas, and its been at least 2 years, and nothing came out of 5PB USA's (AKA Strangely Compelling) socials. >_>

At least funny that the Artbook (which I've yet to finish reading through) got a translation. And if only Extra had an English release, or rather a new PB game or something. At least so far lately PB:BG got backwards compatibility for the X1.

The False Promise and what not is all the American Puplisher 7sixty/ game peak not 5PB. I; not sure i can say teh same on Battle Ground. I'm hoping the Mu-Luv does success here and 5pb will be more...invested into international bussiness.

in the mean time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSPgILRAy2o&feature=youtu.be

I used the link that is on the site and it has a 6,480 yens price tag