Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Phantom Breaker (Now coming to arcades)

16/12/2012

The game is coming to arcades :O

http://blog.5pb.jp/pbbg/

http://pb-ac.net/

Old News

0001.jpg

ファントムブレイカー | 5pb.inc.

Yep, another new fighting game with girls. No info about platform but is by 5pb (famous for their SLG/ADV games and now because they are working with Hideo Kojima in a new game... not this i guess) coming in 2011... and yeah, thats it.

EDIT: Famitsu says is a fighting game between Memories Off and Stein;Gate characters.

yeap no more info about the game for the moment

I've seen it today earlier. To be honest, I can't wait for it. Want to see how it turns out, and besides, the character designer is the same one that was in Visual Novels like Shuffle! and Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai (not sure about this one).

the character desing is the only reason for why im interested on this game at the moment :P

Like Skullgirls or MvC3, I'll only start really caring when I have reason to believe the mechanics/character gameplay designs are good and interesting.

We'll see if this separates itself aesthetically, though. I do like that girl's sword.

The character design does look awesome, that already makes me excited for it. Just hope the mechanics are decent.

All I want to know is, are the sprites as big as BlazBlue's or as tiny as Arcana Heart's? :O

Like Skullgirls or MvC3, I'll only start really caring when I have reason to believe the mechanics/character gameplay designs are good and interesting.

We'll see if this separates itself aesthetically, though. I do like that girl's sword.

i know what you mean, its like when mkv was announced, for the char desing and the pv everyone was moderately hyped expecting a good game and then...

The character design does look awesome, that already makes me excited for it. Just hope the mechanics are decent.

same here bro

All I want to know is, are the sprites as big as BlazBlue's or as tiny as Arcana Heart's? :O

define tiny, cuz ah sprites are high res

news everyone

So, finally... the latest Famitsu has info.

Scan (Source)

WOAH, wait... those are high-res sprites?

Phantom Breaker is now oficially an "exclusive" Xbox 360 2D Fighting game, by the way, no Arcade release.

Cant deny... im pretty hyped!

if the part of the game being xbox exclusive is true im a sad panda

Here's my reaction of this news so far.

*New fighter? I'll check it out!*

*OMG! The Character Designs are beautiful! HD sprites! That must mean it should be on the PS3 at least!

*reads 360 exclusive*

[:vbang:] x 9000

Yes I'm QQing and salty.

Well considering who publishing it that did not surprise me about 360 only, hey can hope a PSP port down the road that company does make games for PSP

designs looking ok, screenshots look pretty though we cant see them that well

while i'm not fucked by games like this and kof2002um being xbox only, it prevents them from being played that much in my area since most of the guys here are ps3lords

but again, dont care that much until i hear system info/watch it in action

i just see one gauge besides health at the bottom, so may not have unique meter based stuff like ah1/2 or daemon bride or specific characters in other games, but we'll see

no arcade release is lolwut. i suspect it wont be that special since its probably not a serious fighter

So what do you guys think the odds are of this becoming an actual decent game, with a good sized competitive scene?

So what do you guys think the odds are of this becoming an actual decent game, with a good sized competitive scene?

None, or very close to none. Hell, even FUC has a small very small to non-exitant scene and that's an excellent fighter which was in the arcades, too!

None, or very close to none. Hell, even FUC has a small very small to non-exitant scene and that's an excellent fighter which was in the arcades, too!

Lol, I hate FUC.

I'm interested in this though, I just want to mash stuff instead of playing BB online, since that makes me rage.

D:

better question: will this even remotely compare with the bajillion decent fighters already out/which will be out on consoles soon/which we can dream about being on consoles when all we know about this is "simple controls"

probably not.

but hey, maybe i'll shit myself from footage later. we'll see.

Hopefully.

Hype games are hype.

I'm looking for another game to start small and get huge, because it's fun (and a pretty good dame :3) like melty.

I'm not looking for big name games being shitty.

MARVEL 3.

D:

I'm looking for another game to start small and get huge, because it's fun (and a pretty good dame :3) like melty.

i'm sorry, the correct answer is chaos breaker

Dude, as much as I like FUC, I wouldn't say it's a good game, much less an excellent one. Opinions aside, as the skill of both players goes up, the "skill" involved in an average match (apart from execution) goes down.

Here, I made this handy graph.

fucwq.png

The X axis represents the skill mean of both players, while the Y axis represents the mindgames and yomi a player must invest to win a round.

Both values are measured in Kubos, where one Kubo is 1% of Kubo's skill.

Also you could think of the Y axis as fun. Yeah. That works too.

SBO finals were funny. Both players were crying. Like one couldn't believe he won, and the other couldn't believe he lost.