Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA Airdasher Bi-weekly Tournaments (BB, GG, MB, etc.) Season 2010

Great games everybody, results will be posted later today.

i played bb at wcg with justing wong

Justin was at FFA on Thursday playing BB and GG.

Despite falling asleep a few times, I had a blast as usual. GREAT games in both casual and tournament with everyone I played against. Win or lose, it was all good. I still hate Accent Core Potemkin with every fiber of my being.

I hope to god someone recorded my fight with Blue Garbage. I can't believe I landed that freak'n j.D. If that move were a woman, I'd make sweet love to it since she's saved my ass more times than I can remember.

Now...if only I could find time (and a computer) to practice playing Tetris Attack, I could actually join and last more than 30 seconds/round...Getting into the groove with Melty Blood again, maybe enter that game as well.

OH and if there is an opening next tournament, we will have some Hokuto no Ken playing on my PS2.

Looking forward to next tournament and hope to see everyone there (Be there for the next, next one, Render! 次の大会, 兄貴!)

OH BTW

I urge everyone here to watch Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.

Obtain it however you get your Anime on the series of tubes. The show is awesome.

shout outs to venoms 2d

shout outs to grand viper being a low

shout outs to makoto pissing me the fuck off like only a beautiful lady can

shout outs to unblockable missle

shout outs to brett's pot getting IK'd

shout outs to my cars service engine light turning off, patience is a virtue haha

shout outs to tetris attack freezing hella times

shout outs to shrimp scampi

shout outs to kyle's arakune gettin butt holed

shout outs to ryo who I kinda act like a ass hole towards but he seems like a nice kid

shout outs to bumming mad change from anyone and everyone

Hi people! 'Tis Rachel. I just joined, to bring you... Tetris Attack results! (Including, for true fans, character mains):

1st: Mike Z [Naval Piranha]

2nd: Royal Flush [Poochie/Froggy/Raphael Raven]

3rd: DQRF [Gargantua Blargg]

4th: Jason D. [Gargantua Blargg]

5th: Rachel [Freezy]

5th: Juan (DQed) [Froggy]

7th: Raptor [Yoshi]

7th: Ike Takeda [Poochie/Gargantua Blargg/Kamek]

9th: render [Raphael Raven]

9th: Raphael Camaro [Raphael Raven]

9th: ZONG_One [Freezy/Yoshi]

9th: Alex (DQed) [Poochie/Lakitu]

13th: TheRealBobMan [Poochie/Lakitu]

13th: Yo-yo [Freezy]

Obviously Naval Piranha is overpowered... ;)

Seriously, the final matches between the top three were deliriously intense. Some people got thorny, others got buttholed. Overall, everyone who entered put on a good show! It was awesome seeing people improve from last time.

If you weren't there, vow to be next time! :)

tier list of tetris attack

S: Piranha Plant (TAKE THAT), Bowser, RAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW Cheese monster

A: Derp Turtle, fat lip having cat fish

B: Raphael Raven, Penguin, Frog

C: Yoshi, I forget the rest

also what is your avatar supposed to be rachel?

I kinda thought thats what it was but it's tiny so I couldn't tell

I really want to see the vids of mike playing tetris attack get thousands of views just because mikes name is on them

Tetris attack subforum please.

My vote for mod goes to Rachel.

I am duly flattered, but you would not want to foist that kind of power on me.

You'd never be able to visit FFA without being hounded to play, ever again!

Results!:

BlazBlue:

1st: Mike Z. [Tager]

2nd: Zong_One [Carl, Arakune]

3rd: Severin [Λ-11]

4th: render [Jin]

6th: JamesX [Λ-11, Valky]

6th: Ika Takeda [Hazama]

8th: Jason D. [Rachel]

8th: ShinATProof [Haku-men]

12th: Blue Garbage [Arakune]

12th: Raptor [Noel]

12th: Ryo [Arakune]

12th: DQN [Valky]

18th: yoyokhexp [?]

18th: Senam [?]

18th: No Drinks [Haku-men]

18th: Makoto Camaro [Makoto]

18th: TC [Tager]

18th: Id [Carl]

Guilty Gear (Team Mode):

1st: Mike Z.

2nd: Brett

3rd: ShinATProof

4th: Xie

6th: Zong_One

6th: DQRF

8th: Venom Camaro

8th: Id

12th: Tronzilla666

12th: Baddexample

12th: Jason D.

12th: TheRealBobMan

12th: Mel

Great games to everyone. I especially had a lot of fun in the special Guilty Gear tournament.

Thanks a lot to Mike Z. for bringing in Skull Girls.

Thanks to Rachel for hosting the Tetris Attack tournament.

Thanks to render for helping me run the BlazBlue tournament.

Thanks a lot to Strider_Zer0 for recording matches.

Thanks to Shin ATProof for bringing in another PS2, it made the Guilty Gear tournament go a whole lot faster.

Thanks to the TvC crew, RoyalFlush and everyone else.

Thanks to everyone who entered!

A few announcements about the next upcoming tournament:

Normally we'd host it on 10/17, which would fit in with our schedule. However, Burnt Toast will be happening at that time. So, we will be having our tournament on 10/31, Halloween instead. Feel free to dress up if you want to. Usually FFA gives out free candies on Halloween. However, TvC will likely still happen on 10/17, I need to double check.

Guilty Gear will go back to normal and be a single normal tournament from now on. It was fun doing the team version, but I don't want to do it often. So bring your A game, you only have to use your main.

We will try to bring a second PS3 to run the tournament on. This last time I put the arcade on event mode and we ran it on both console and arcade. I'd like to avoid using the arcade cabinet for tournaments if possible.

We will also be adding another game to the list for Sunday tournaments. Vampire Savior, aka Darkstalkers 3. This game, made by Capcom in 1997, was the bridge that helped move fighting games towards the current new-school/airdasher genre. It's a lot of fun, fast, and surprisingly complicated. You can get it on MAME pretty easily if you want practice, and it's available for GGPO. We're also trying to get it added to the arcade soon. I'm pretty sure the VS tournaments will be run by Rotanibor, a TvC player.

Another note, Ralph, the owner of FFA, has just taken ownership of Japan Arcade, an arcade in a mall in Little Tokyo. We're trying to build it up to make it better than it was. Currently, we're putting in our old BlazBlue: CT, Punchmania (Fist of the North Star), and some more Americanized games: MvC2, Rush 2049. Currently they have Guilty Gear XX, but we're planning on buying AC and putting that in. We will probably also put in HnK (the fighting game). We'll be adding consoles and a snack bar section, too. So if you live nearby, go ahead and check them out. There's a lot of renovations coming its way.

One more thing: we've been having casual meetings at the arcade to play BlazBlue, Guilty Gear and the like. Every Thursday night, a bunch of us meet just to play for fun, no tournaments or anything. It's nice to have a day, where you can know to expect players for your game, especially if you aren't able to make it to the arcade often. Typically people won't get there until after 8pm, so if you get there early, don't wonder why noone's there yet. If you want some good BB or GG competition, show up on Thursdays!

man, I should really cross check my facts in advance

Burnt Toast is going to be on the 23rd, isn't it? >_<

Another note, Ralph, the owner of FFA, has just taken ownership of Japan Arcade, an arcade in a mall in Little Tokyo. We're trying to build it up to make it better than it was. Currently, we're putting in our old BlazBlue: CT, Punchmania (Fist of the North Star), and some more Americanized games: MvC2, Rush 2049. Currently they have Guilty Gear XX, but we're planning on buying AC and putting that in. We will probably also put in HnK (the fighting game). We'll be adding consoles and a snack bar section, too. So if you live nearby, go ahead and check them out. There's a lot of renovations coming its way.

The last place I saw a Virtual On cab was broken set at Nickel Nickel. I swear if you take out that VO OMG machine and smash it to pieces I will beat you to death with the remnants of the chair.

Unless it's already broken. I'll take the twin sticks for 5 dollars.

In my case, Vegas > this tournament.

Vegas > most everything.

I've got a party to go to, where I'll very likely drink myself into the floor, then go to school the next day, lol.