Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA Airdasher Bi-weekly Tournaments (BB, GG, MB, etc.) Season 2010

The last place I saw a Virtual On cab was broken set at Nickel Nickel. I swear if you take out that VO OMG machine and smash it to pieces I will beat you to death with the remnants of the chair.

Unless it's already broken. I'll take the twin sticks for 5 dollars.

LOL

If they are willing to part with those sticks for that much, I challenge you to a best of 5 games in Guilty Gear for them! >:3

Hey, I might have been to that arcade in Little Tokyo. Second floor of some little mall thing?

And speaking of arcades, if any of you know of a working F-Zero AX machine, feel free to tell me. I've been wanting to find one for a while now. In fact, I'll even give out a reward! How about, um... well money's not usually a great incentive... oh! I'll give you Wicked's phone number. Or Zong's, if you swing that way. Help me out, people!

Hey, I might have been to that arcade in Little Tokyo. Second floor of some little mall thing?

And speaking of arcades, if any of you know of a working F-Zero AX machine, feel free to tell me. I've been wanting to find one for a while now. In fact, I'll even give out a reward! How about, um... well money's not usually a great incentive... oh! I'll give you Wicked's phone number. Or Zong's, if you swing that way. Help me out, people!

:psyduck:

:vbang:

A fast and dirty search tells me they don't exist. Apparently, AI used to have one o.O There's an old database that seems to be several years old, though. http://tinyurl.com/2g92dat

The Westwood arcade had an AX machine until they closed down a few years ago. As far as I know there's nowhere on the Western seaboard, let alone in LA, that has one. However, if you're just for the extra arcade-exclusive Garage parts I am willing to let you copy my save, provided I can find it, for...let's say an as-yet-undetermined favor. :^)

so yea

do some work on the AC cab

one side had a broken HS button

And one side's stick is ass.

The side closest to the counter.

I keep having to tighten the balltop WHILE I'M PLAYING.

Since it's cracked and keeps loosening.

A fast and dirty search tells me they don't exist. Apparently, AI used to have one o.O There's an old database that seems to be several years old, though. http://tinyurl.com/2g92dat

Yeah, I've seen that site before too, but sadly none of those exist anymore. (Granted, I didn't stop by Sunnyvale...)

The Westwood arcade had an AX machine until they closed down a few years ago. As far as I know there's nowhere on the Western seaboard, let alone in LA, that has one. However, if you're just for the extra arcade-exclusive Garage parts I am willing to let you copy my save, provided I can find it, for...let's say an as-yet-undetermined favor. :^)

But it is copying the entire save, right, and not just trading parts? Because I've also finished the game with every character, and I'd hate to lose my wacky little comedy skits. Though if you do want a favor, I'll let you play Shiren the Wanderer for the DS. Best game no one here has heard of. Let's say... tomorrow. (Mental Note: BRING GAME.)

Also, the Nickel Nickel in Cypress actually DOES have an AX machine. Only it's been "out of order" for like... probably coming up on one year now, since I first saw it there. According to some guy working there, the actual game disc is broken. But don't worry, replacement parts are on the way! I have no idea what he was talking about, but I am in awe that it's taking a year for these parts to ship.

But yeah, since you're all some kind of gaming fans, I figure someone might see one. You all like to wander into random arcades and see what's there, right? Who knows what might be hidden in a random pizza joint, or your local mall or movie theater. Keep me in mind if anyone spots one!

There is an AX machine over at Circus Circus back when I was over there. Granted this was three years ago when I was in vegas with the family.

And one side's stick is ass.

The side closest to the counter.

I keep having to tighten the balltop WHILE I'M PLAYING.

Since it's cracked and keeps loosening.

Fixed that and fixed the button problem.

I secured the ball top, but I won't be able to replace the stick (which feels a little bit stiff) until we get more in stock.

We WILL be having a tournament, as per normal, on October the 17th. I had thought that Burnt Toast would be on that weekend.

Included in the tournament will be:

Guilty Gear Λ Core (Normal, this time) @ 2PM; $2 to enter, plus pay to play.

Melty Blood Actress Again @ 2PM; $1 to enter

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift @ 5PM; $7 to enter ($5 pot; $2 house)

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom @ 5PM; $6 to enter ($4 pot; $2 house)

Tetris Attack @ ~5PM; $1 to enter

Vampire Savior: The Lord of the Vampire @ ~5PM; $1 to enter, plus pay to play.

I'll update the first post in a bit.

EDIT: Updated.

EDIT2: I know it's a ways off, but when Arcana Heart 3 comes out, we'll be having it at 2PM. This is mostly due to us needing the PS3 for BB at 5PM, and us being full for tournaments at 5PM.

I'm down for Vampire Savior...anyone here besides myself actually play the game though?

If people don't want to play on the Arcade cabinet, I can bring my copy of Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection...since I'm bringing the PS2 for MBAA anyway, I figure I'd just throw it out there.

We'll just need people to bring PS2 compatible sticks again...

Oh and since it's the collection, I know some like Vampire Hunter over Vampire Savior so we can take a vote on that if y'all like.

I'll more'n likely be at Season's Beatings on the 17th, and probably Infinite Beans (^.^) as well...meaning we can't bring Tetris Attack.

If she doesn't go, though, she can bring it.

:]! Glad to know Tetris Attack looks like it's gonna become one of the norm. tourneys at FFA! Praying that on the days i actually do go up there, it shall be there when i go!

I'm down for Vampire Savior...anyone here besides myself actually play the game though?

If people don't want to play on the Arcade cabinet, I can bring my copy of Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection...since I'm bringing the PS2 for MBAA anyway, I figure I'd just throw it out there.

We'll just need people to bring PS2 compatible sticks again...

Oh and since it's the collection, I know some like Vampire Hunter over Vampire Savior so we can take a vote on that if y'all like.

If we have to run it on console, we won't have the VH2 or VS2 versions. There's a difference with how Dark Forces work in those. Also, Donovan, Huitzal and Pyron won't be tournament legal. VS is kind of complicated on how they tried to update it.

Getting awfully tired of missing such great Guilty Gear matchups. I'll be at the next one for sure.

LOL

If they are willing to part with those sticks for that much, I challenge you to a best of 5 games in Guilty Gear for them! >:3

I accept your challenge, except:

A. Id would never give me those things for five

B. I already have two pairs for the Dreamcast

If you can get into Glendale I'll play you in VOOT. But I still only have one Dreamcast and no link cable, so split screen bullshit only.

There's these other threads and forums that aren't the blazblue ones.

Those are for this game called guilty gear. It's godlike, but you probably have never heard of it. >.>

Click on those ones.

I can't! I don't have a PS2 ToT

Just learn on the FFA cab. Which character are you interested in?

The game is very well balanced, considering the diversity of characters. If I remember right, there's only one S tier character (Eddie) and only one C tier character (Johnny).

GGΛC >> BBCS

imo, if you're going to play a specific sub-genre of fighter, you at least need to at least play the following:

Old school: Street Fighter III: Third Strike

Airdasher: Guilty Gear XX Λ Core

3D Plane: Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

I was thinking of an older tier list.

Here's the current one:

Arcadia Pre-SBO Issue (April) 05/06/10

S: ED, TE

A: MI

B: MA, PO, JA, SL

C: SO, KY, CH, FA, BA, AX, AN, VE, DI, IN, ZA, RO, AB, OS

D: JO, BR

Johnny and Bridget are still great characters, though.