Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA Airdasher Bi-weekly Tournaments (BB, GG, MB, etc.) Season 2010

Arcadia Pre-SBO Issue (April) 05/06/10

S: ED, TE

A: MI

B: MA, PO, JA, SL

C: SO, KY, CH, FA, BA, AX, AN, VE, DI, IN, ZA, RO, AB, OS

D: JO, BR

:psyduck:

Tier list makes sense, for the most part. I can see why Jam, Slayer and POchop are placed where they are...but May? Can someone explain that one please?

More like lots of damage and mobility, and scary OHK setups.

Her don't think that her dust is a 50-50, you just learn to block it high for X frames, then switch to low. That way you always block. I could be wrong though.

So, as you may have heard, Ralph took over Japan Arcade. So, a bunch of us from FFA have been going there bringing in new games and fixing the place up. It still requires a lot of work, but we've made a ton of progress.

Currently, Japan Arcade has (but will change very soon):

Racing:

Rush 2049 x2

Hydro Thunder x2

Max Tune 3 DX x2

Initial D 5 x2

Initial D 3 x2

Music:

DDR Extreme

ParaPara Paradise 2nd Mix

Drummania V3

Guitar Freaks V3

Mambo a Go Go

Taiko Drum Master 5

Fighting:

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike (JP cabinet)

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike (AM cabinet)

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike (AM Head2Head cabinet)

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (AM cabinet)

Garou: Mark of the Wolves (AM cabinet)

Super Street Fighter II: Turbo (AM cabinet)

Tekken 5 (JP dedicated cabinet)

King of Fighters XI (JP cabinet)

Guilty Gear XX (JP cabinet)

King of Fighters 2002 (JP NeoGeo cabinet)

King of Fighters 2000 (JP NeoGeo cabinet)

Street Fighter IV (JP sticks)

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (AM sticks)

Puzzle:

Puzzle Bobble

Puzzle Bobble Again

Tetris Plus

Super Puzzle Fighter II: Turbo

Shoot-em Up:

Raiden Fighters II

Strikers 1999

Others:

Virtua On

Metal Slug 4

Punchmania 2

Ninja Assault

Some Japanese sniper game

Kisarugi (that Japanese sword fighting game)

Air Hockey

Pool Table

60 in 1 Cocktail cabinet

A lot of stuff will be changing in the future.

Most importantly, we will be checking all the games and fixing them (a lot of the sticks kind of suck right now). We will also be converting most of the fighters to H2Hs.

SF4 will get a toggle to choose between AM or JP sticks, similar to FFA's cabinet. BlazBlue will go into a JP cabinet. We'll probably add CvS2, and HnK. GG will be upgraded to AC. Tekken 5 will be upgraded to Tekken 5: DR. Probably MotW, and KoF2k2 will be consolidated into one cabinet with two other neo geo fighters (my vote is for KoF2k3 and FF:S).

We will be adding a hacked In the Groove machine. We will be adding Bishi Bashi. We will be adding consoles with online play. If FFA upgrades a machine, Japan Arcade will at least get the older version (i.e. if FFA gets BBCS2, JA will get BBCS1).

Mambo a Go Go
HOLY CRAP! I LOVE that game. No joke. Please keep it. Or if you move it from there, bring it to FFA...?

<3

little tokyo had BBCT? I'm very surprised.

No, they didn't. We just added our old BB machine over there. Much of that list includes what we've added within the last couple of days.

Super Street Fighter II: Turbo (AM cabinet)

A lot of stuff will be changing in the future.

Most importantly, we will be checking all the games and fixing them (a lot of the sticks kind of suck right now). We will also be converting most of the fighters to H2Hs.

SF4 will get a toggle to choose between AM or JP sticks, similar to FFA's cabinet. BlazBlue will go into a JP cabinet. We'll probably add CvS2, and HnK. GG will be upgraded to AC. Tekken 5 will be upgraded to Tekken 5: BR. Probably MotW, and KoF2k2 will be consolidated into one cabinet with two other neo geo fighters (my vote is for KoF2k3 and FF:S).

We will be adding a hacked In the Groove machine. We will be adding Bishi Bashi. We will be adding consoles with online play. If FFA upgrades a machine, Japan Arcade will at least get the older version (i.e. if FFA gets BBCS2, JA will get BBCS1).

Hmm I might end up checking the place out for ST. Does anyone actually give the machine use?

Also, are you going to upgrade the Tekken 5 to DR or to 6:BR? I would assume DR but since 6:BR is the standard I figure I'd ask.

Hmm I might end up checking the place out for ST. Does anyone actually give the machine use?

Also, are you going to upgrade the Tekken 5 to DR or to 6:BR? I would assume DR but since 6:BR is the standard I figure I'd ask.

The problem with not finding someone to play against in ST, is that the CPU is stupid hard. The machine is set on the lowest difficulty, and I could barely pass the first stage.

I meant Tekken 5: DR, we have that board in our warehouse. We wouldn't buy Tekken 6: BR, it's too much money considering we have to get SSF4:AE for FFA.

EDIT: For the moment, Japan Arcade will pretty much only get hand-me-downs from FFA. If we can make it successful on its own, then we can start upgrading the cabinets on its own. But for now, we don't have the budget to upgrade too much. We'll just be upgrading small things like GGXX -> GGAC, T5 -> T5DR. When we get SSF4:AE, we'll probably add a second pair of SF4 machines in JA.

We don't want to neglect FFA, which can hold its own. FFA still doesn't have T6BR, KoF13, MBAA, and some other games we'd like to get, but the biggest reason is because SSF4:AE costs so much money and will take first priority.

How many copies of GGXXAC did FFA have? You're still keeping the head to head at FFA, right?

Oh! Validate parking at Japan Arcade, please :3

How many copies of GGXXAC did FFA have? You're still keeping the head to head at FFA, right?

Oh! Validate parking at Japan Arcade, please :3

We only have one copy of AC at FFA, so we're going to buy another one for JA. The disc is actually pretty cheap if you already have the board for it. JA has always stamped your tickets if you ask the guy behind the counter. I think that in the garage you get your first 2 hours free, then if you get your ticket stamped you get another hour. After that you have to pay per hour. (I'm not 100% sure on that)

I've updated the best players of each character for all tournaments on the first page.

This does not count Team or special tournaments:

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift:

Best players of their character (all tournaments):

Arakune: Zong_One

Bang: TornAparT & WiCKED

Carl: Zong_One

Hakumen: ShinATProof

Hazama: IkeTakeda

Iron Tager: Mike Z.

Jin: render

Λ -11: Severin

Litchi: Severin

Makoto: Mäkötö Cämärö

μ -12: Kro

Noel: Raptor

Rachel: Jason D.

Ragna: Soniti

Taokaka: Diar

Tsubaki: MsJin Kisaragi

Valkenhayn: JamesX

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core:

Best players of their character (all tournaments):

A.B.A: -

Anji: Mel

Axl: Jason D.

Baiken: ShinATProof

Bridget: Raptor

Chipp: Sledge

Dizzy: Tronzilla666

Eddie: AKA

Faust: -

I-No: -

Jam: Id

Johnny: SuperFX

Ky: -

May: SuperFX

Millia: Kro

Order-Sol: DQRF

Potemkin: Mike Z.

Robo-Ky: Zong_One

Slayer: -

Sol: Baddexample

Testament: Mumm-Ra & Soniti

Venom: Vën̈ öm Cämärö

Zappa: -

Some players have had name changes. When this happens, I convert their points over to their new name.

I should be putting in HnK into Japan Arcade tomorrow. When I do I'll take some picture to show how the place has changed.

anyone from Los Angeles going to FFA on sunday, don't mind giving a ride back? or someone who just don't mind giving a ride back? heh

LOS ANGELES.

It's a tiny fucking town, how can you be confused?

:kitty:

Also, I'm still salty about your gay ass Axl.

You're A tier (top 3) in gayness department for GGXXAC.