Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA Airdasher Bi-weekly Tournaments (BB, GG, MB, etc.) Season 2010

LOS ANGELES.

It's a tiny fucking town, how can you be confused?

:kitty:

Also, I'm still salty about your gay ass Axl.

You're A tier (top 3) in gayness department for GGXXAC.

Well I was thinking more for the sake of people reading the location and going "Oh hey, I'm going to be passing right by there! Sure I can give you a ride home." Ambiguous distance can make people quiet.

And... sorry? Heh. If it helps, I have been playing fighters for like 10 years now. And GG since XX. Not every main is going to be CS Rachel. If you want, we can go to AI and pra... OH WAIT.

I don't care about that, it wasn't a problem when it was CT Rachel either. :kitty:

If I knew the game I'd beat you, especially since all that matters is that my character is cooler than yours xN.

I just haven't figured out how to beat homosexual characters like Axl yet.

(He's not even my least favorite to deal with. Anji is SUPERRRR GAY. And Faust is super gay too, but I actually like Faust, so I won't complain just yet.)

Mike's AMERICAN sticks or FFA's sticks?

I think he changed the one on the counter side since last time. >.>

mikes not gunna be there so idk how they'd get there lol

but yea the GG cab obviously, I mean, everyone just brings random sticks for BB for the most part

Shout outs to quick finishing times.

Shout outs to a good turn out, and some not-so-new faces finally showing up to these things.

Shout outs to being salty all day.

Congrats to Kyle for winning the BB tourney!

Shout outs to the people I played in casuals. GG's.

Shout outs to dat burrito from Baja Fresh. =9

Shout outs to me finding out that BB runs at a different frame rate on 360 than on arcade/PS3. :vbang: :vbang: :vbang:

Shout outs to me finding out that BB runs at a different frame rate on 360 then on arcade/PS3. :vbang: :vbang: :vbang:

General rule on fighting games with X360 vs. PS3:

- If the game is out on PS3, play it on PS3.

GGs everybody!

Results tomorrow, I forgot the brackets in the car and I don't feel like going out to get the, =P.

General rule on fighting games with X360 vs. PS3:

- If the game is out on PS3, play it on PS3.

I had no idea. Now I know why I've had so much trouble at the arcade (especially at AI). I hear the 360 runs 3fps faster than arcade/PS3, plus the 3 frames of lag on the cabinet at AI. :vbang:

Guess I'll probably be getting rid of my 360 since BB is the only thing I play on it. :kitty:

I shoulda been there :(

qft

This sub-discussion probably belongs somewhere else, but now I'm curious: By how many frames (and in what direction) is the 360 version off from the arcade?

(I know that there's a frame a of lag on the ps3 version of sf4 compared to the 360, which is one of the reasons sf4 players prefer 360.)

360 is faster.

Faster than arcade, because apparently Taitox2 board has a few frames of lag on it's own, so ps3 is better.

:[ I would, if I didn't have class in the morning! And like, actually played the game more.

I had to be up for work at 6 as always, I live further away than you do, and I do all of my training on a 360 which is worse than not playing, apparently. :kitty:

This sub-discussion probably belongs somewhere else, but now I'm curious: By how many frames (and in what direction) is the 360 version off from the arcade?

(I know that there's a frame a of lag on the ps3 version of sf4 compared to the 360, which is one of the reasons sf4 players prefer 360.)

What I heard last night was that the 360 is 3 fps faster than PS3. And PS3 lags about the same as the arcade. So, yeah, what Zong said.

However, when SSF4:AE comes out, it will have the same lag as the SSF4 for the PS3. In SF4 Vanilla, the PS3 has the same lag, while the 360 is faster.

I had to be up for work at 6 as always, I live further away than you do, and I do all of my training on a 360 which is worse than not playing, apparently. :kitty:

You're just crazy then. Curious though, what time do the tourneys usually get out? The one time I went, I stayed wayyyy too late.

Hmm, it's not all that hard to add lag to a setup if that's the only way timing is different between the versions.

The easiest way I can think of is to lag test your lcd monitor on your computer with different resolutions (the standard method involves running a stopwatch program on a crt and lcd at the same time) , find one that adds about 50 milliseconds of lag, then use the xbox vga cable at that resolution.

And while lag messes up hitconfirms, etc, combo timing is usually memorized (I usually play on a display with about 1.5 frames of lag, and I don't drop combo's any more often in the arcade that on my usual setup).

You're just crazy then. Curious though, what time do the tourneys usually get out? The one time I went, I stayed wayyyy too late.

It actually ended really early last night, like at 8 or so.

Hmm, it's not all that hard to add lag to a setup if that's the only way timing is different between the versions.

The easiest way I can think of is to lag test your lcd monitor on your computer with different resolutions (the standard method involves running a stopwatch program on a crt and lcd at the same time) , find one that adds about 50 milliseconds of lag, then use the xbox vga cable at that resolution.

And while lag messes up hitconfirms, etc, combo timing is usually memorized (I usually play on a display with about 1.5 frames of lag, and I don't drop combo's any more often in the arcade that on my usual setup).

It's not like the lag you get from a display, where what you see is slightly behind what is actually happening.

The game actually runs faster. Severin, who I believe had never seen the game run on 360, saw it last night and immediately said something like, "wow, that looks so much faster".

By faster, do identical moves have different animations between ps3/360? (does the 360 version skips frames or something?)

Has anyone done a side by side or frame by frame comparison on this?

This is fascinating.

By faster, do identical moves have different animations between ps3/360? (does the 360 version skips frames or something?)

Has anyone done a side by side or frame by frame comparison on this?

This is fascinating.

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. I'm buying the PS3 version soon and I have a camera that records at 60FPS, so I'll be doing a test soon.

And, no, everything is the same number of frames. The only difference is how long a frame lasts. So if 360 really runs at 60FPS and everything else is 3FPS slower, then a frame on 360 would last 1/60 of a second while a frame on PS3/arcade would last 1/57 of second (a little bit longer).

In practice I noticed I was dropping all the stuff that was muscle memory, but I was doing fine with the stuff that I use visual cues for.