Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA Airdasher Bi-weekly Tournaments (BB, GG, MB, etc.) Season 2010

I had a really great match in BBCS and then a really bad one. Overall, a decent night. Coming back stronger next time. Count on it! >:3

Oversleeping + Costume problems that never got resolved = me missing Guilty Gear

And I heard everyone improved too! Keeping GG alive, y'all! I would have liked to have at least watched y'all play but only caught like the end of the grandfinals.

Oh well, always next time.

So yeah, GGs to all. You're all awesome. Same to those that didn't play but were there. Seriously looking forward to next tournament.

Definitely got to get in some Vampire Savior next time. That game is too awesome to be ignored again.

Mike, you're down, right!? Best of 5 match...how about it!?

Mike won. Ike got second. I don't think anyone was watching but me, but Ike put up a hell of a fight. Reset the grand finals, and was very close to taking away the whole thing. But then lost to 2C, cross-under Sledge whiff, 720. Ha-ha!

Was sick that day so couldn't catch the BB matches, left pretty early. I'm getting practice in this time around so I'll be able to put up a fight next time (hopefully)!

Ike got second. I don't think anyone was watching but me, but Ike put up a hell of a fight. Reset the grand finals, and was very close to taking away the whole thing.
Ike stopped playing runaway for some reason, and lost. He would have easily won otherwise. He promised me to never give up again, on pain of getting face punched. :^)

Congrats, Mike. (^_^)

EDIT- and that's how Ike loses every time. Never stop gay-ing it out, Ike.

Going to FFA tonight. I'll be sure to pick up the brackets (that's why I haven't posted results yet :psyduck:).

P.S. I just got an award! Thanks to everyone who's been showing up to the FFA tournaments to make this happen!

Great games to everyone last night in GG and BB.

I couldn't find the brackets that I left over at FFA, so I'll have to post the results via memory:

BlazBlue:

1st Place: CopperDabbit [Tager]

2nd: Ike Takeda [Hazama]

3rd: ShinATProof [Haku-Men]

4th: Jason D. [Rachel]

7th: Raptor [Noel]

7th: *I forgot his name* [Haku-Men]

7th: Id [Carl]

Guilty Gear:

1st Place: CopperDabbit [Potemkin]

2nd: ABAre [ABA, Eddie]

3rd: Jason D. [Axl]

4th: SBaloney [Anji, Johnny]

6th: Id [baiken, Jam]

6th: Venom Camaro [Venom]

8th: DQRF [sol, Zappa]

8th: Xie [Faust]

10th: RealBobMan [Chipp]

10th: Baddexample [sol]

I think that was the full order. The guy who's name I forgot in BB is a new player in the tournaments. It's great seeing new faces.

There might be some mistakes in there. If any of you know, let me know and I'll correct it.

Great matches to everyone in the tournament, especially in Guilty Gear. Everyone's skill level was just amazing! I'm surprised I did as well as I did.

Hope to see you all again for the next one on 11/14/10.

lol? @ CopperDabbit. I wasn't there, but I think the Haku-Men was Sam (The Baron).

The Hakumen guy was "Jethro", I believe someone said.

And good job, CopperDabbit! We're glad you could come down for this.

Edit: Oh wait, and I got third in GG also. This mysterious "ABAre" person got second. And he may have played Johnny too.

Edit: Oh yeah didn't seen Jason's post. I indeed beat Jason in losers finals with EDDIE. I don't know what this Johnny character he's talking about is. Why would I intentionally pick a D tier character with a 3-7 matchup hur hur. It should be Jason 3rd and SBaloney 4th.

also ggs yesterday, mysterious bridget / may player whoever you are, except for mashing 5k on wakeup and rushing raoh down :p. oh and some mysterious white potemkin, perhaps mighty whitey. And some mysterious baiken too.

Yeah, Angel, I didn't make that one.

Back to the conversation we were having earlier, If you want to look at this http://www.mediafire.com/?3164z6dwi8ouc41 frame by frame you can look for differences in terms of timing, etc, between ps3 and 360.

I can't tell from that, but It certainly feels like there is an input lag difference between the 360 and ps3 as well. Does your camera record in 60fps? (If so, do moves start a frame earlier on the 360 than the ps3 when your stick is hooked up to both?)

Edit: Oh yeah didn't seen Jason's post. I indeed beat Jason in losers finals with EDDIE. I don't know what this Johnny character he's talking about is. Why would I intentionally pick a D tier character with a 3-7 matchup hur hur. It should be Jason 3rd and SBaloney 4th.

also ggs yesterday, mysterious bridget / may player whoever you are, except for mashing 5k on wakeup and rushing raoh down :p. oh and some mysterious white potemkin, perhaps mighty whitey. And some mysterious baiken too.

Guilty Gear:

1st Place: CopperDabbit [Potemkin]

2nd: ABAre [ABA, Eddie]

3rd: Jason D. [Axl]

4th: SBaloney [Anji, Johnny]

6th: Id [baiken, Jam]

6th: Venom Camaro [Venom]

8th: DQRF [sol, Zappa]

8th: Xie [Faust]

10th: RealBobMan [Chipp]

10th: Baddexample [sol]

Is that right, then?

And yeah, CopperDabbit was there and totally got first place using Potemkin and Tager. You all should have been there to see it, even the ones who were there.

Here's the updated Best for Character list then:

Guilty Gear:

A.B.A: ABAre

Anji: SBaloney

Axl: Jason D.

Baiken: ShinATProof

Bridget: Raptor

Chipp: SLEDGE

Dizzy: Fuzuri

Eddie: AKA

Faust: Xie

I-No: -

Jam: Id

Johnny: render

Ky: Raiju

May: SuperFX

Millia: Kro

Order-Sol: DQRF

Potemkin: Mike Z.

Robo-Ky: Zong_One

Slayer: -

Sol: Baddexample

Testament: Mumm-Ra & Soniti

Venom: Venom Camaro

Zappa: DQRF

BlazBlue:

Arakune: Zong_One

Bang: WiCKED

Carl: Zong_One

Hakumen: ShinATProof

Hazama: IkeTakeda

Iron Tager: Mike Z.

Jin: render

Λ -11: Severin

Litchi: Severin

Makoto: Makoto Camaro

μ -12: Kro

Noel: SBaloney

Rachel: Jason D.

Ragna: Soniti

Taokaka: Diar

Tsubaki: MsJin Kisaragi

Valkenhayn: JamesX

Here's some close calls:

Guilty Gear:

Baiken: The point total is really close between ShinATProof and Id.

Faust: Xie and The Baron are neck-and-neck, but if anybody gets 6th place as Faust they'll automatically become first place.

I-No: If anyone plays I-No once in a tournament, even if they completely lose, they'll have first.

Ky: If anybody gets 8th place or better as Ky, they'll take the lead.

Slayer: If anyone plays Slayer once in a tournament, even if they completely lose, they'll have first.

Testament: If anybody gets 8th or better as Testament, they'll take the lead.

BlazBlue:

Bang: If anybody gets 8th or better as Bang, they'll take the lead.

μ -12: Kro and Advent are neck-and-neck, but if any new comer gets 8th or better they'll take the lead.

Noel: SBaloney and Raptor are really close together in points.

Ragna: If anybody gets 6th place or better as Ragna, they'll beat Soniti.

Taokaka: If anybody gets 8th place or better as Taokaka, they'll beat Diar.

Tsubaki: If anybody gets 16th place or better as Tsubaki (Unless that is last place), they'll take the lead.

Guilty Gear:

Baiken: The point total is really close between ShinATProof and Id.

Wow...really? Ugh, hard to keep my spot if I keep missing tournaments I imagine.

Wow...really? Ugh, hard to keep my spot if I keep missing tournaments I imagine.

If you don't show up next tournament, and I get at least 8th place, then I'll beat you. But if you rank higher than me in a tournament, then you'll widen the gap more.