Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA Airdasher Bi-weekly Tournaments (BB, GG, MB, etc.) Season 2010

How does higher placement weigh vs repetitive entry for this whole point thingy anyways. Like say, hypothetically, if I get 2nd as Baiken. What happens?

How does higher placement weigh vs repetitive entry for this whole point thingy anyways. Like say, hypothetically, if I get 2nd as Baiken. What happens?

Exactly how it works:

You gain points depending on what place you get in a tournament:

1st = 10; 2nd = 7; 3rd = 5; 4th = 4; 5/6th = 3; 7/8th = 2; 9/12th = 1; 13/16th = .5; 17/24th = .25; other/last = .1

- If you get last place you always get .1 points, this happens even if there are only 6 players in the tournament and you get 5/6th place.

- I keep a running total of everyone's points throughout the season (I'll probably reset these points when the 2011 season starts, which will be when we add AH3).

- If you used a ton of characters during a tournament, I only take your top 2 (unless nobody else used those other characters during the tournament).

- If a character you used is not a regular character and you only used it during your first match, lost and stuck with your counterpick for the rest of the tournament, I won't count that character if another player did well with that character. An example would be if Zong_One played as Lambda on his very first match, switched to Carl for the rest of the tournament and won, he would not get 10 points for Lambda. However, if he were to use Lambda during Grand Finals, lost and switched out to play as Carl for the rest of Greand Finals and won, he would get the 10 points for Lambda. Zong_One picks Arakune often during grand finals, so that's why his Arakune score is so high even though you rarely see him play Arakune.

- If two players are tied for a character spot, I will take the person who has showed up to tournaments most recently.

- If a player has several characters, and is racking up their alts, I might not count their alts if there is another player who is also doing really well with that character but has no character slot. As it stands, Brett could easily get 5 or 6 slots with those characters, but if he takes Bridget (Raptor's main) I might not count it since Raptor mains Bridget and Brett has so many characters. The character list is mostly designed to tell who has the best main.

There's no reward for having your name on there, these are just for fun, so please don't complain about the system. I might revise it when Season 2011 starts and I do a reboot of these scores. A season might last a half or a third of a year so that these can get a reboot during the summer.

ah thanks for clarification, pretty elaborate system. was just curious lol.

do you think AH3 would be at 2 or at 5?

ah thanks for clarification, pretty elaborate system. was just curious lol.

do you think AH3 would be at 2 or at 5?

90% likely at 2pm. AH3 needs PS3s and so does BB, so we'll want to run them at different times.

EDIT: Ralph is ordering GGAC for Japan Arcade, and he's asking for Melty Blood Actress Again (for FFA) also. Last time they didn't have any, but he's going to check multiple sources. If FFA gets MBAA then JA will get MBACb. If we get MBAA, it will be vanilla and not Current Code. Hopefully if we get it, our Melty Blood tournaments will pick up again; I really want to see those take off.

WOOT!

So we got at least 3 people down for VS!

I'm still recovering from this nasty cold so I can't practice to unrust(?) Talbain and Jedah that I can only bring Felicia :3

WOOT!

So we got at least 3 people down for VS!

I'm still recovering from this nasty cold so I can't practice to unrust(?) Talbain and Jedah that I can only bring Felicia :3

Rotanibor from the TvC side of airdashers is recruiting people for VS also. He says he's got at least 4.

Also, I might be able to install our Vampire Savior into the Japanese 3rd Strike cabinet for Sunday's tournament so that we can get a real machine to play on.

Who's going to be down for casuals tonight? I know I'll be there.

LOL YES!!!!

I'm coughing up a lung here but I'm so fucking amped right now about VS on Sunday, my warrior spirit will heal me in time for the tournament!

Severin told me that if I didn't go to the VS tournament i'd be a SF4 player so i'll be there.

Get ready for some cool regurgitation.

Heeeeeeeey i'm going to FFA tomorrroooow <33

Mike! If you can brings the Tetris Attack, i will be suuuuper haaappppyy :]]]]

and of course i'll enter gg. That too!