Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA Airdasher Bi-weekly Tournaments (BB, GG, MB, etc.) Season 2010

If anyone has another DC<->PS1/2 converter, I can bring JBA on Console.

I'll have to make a backup though since both my U.S. and Japanese copies of the game are signed by Araki (the creator of the series) and I rather not travel with those.

So I got JoJos installed, but it's not quite ready yet. I'm having problems getting the credit switch to activate (The harnessing was set for a 6 button game and JoJos is 4 button so I have to do some modifications). Oh, and it's the updated version: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future.

I've been practicing my Lillith and Jedah a bit, so hopefully we'll see some good matches tomorrow!

hooray! Action packed sunday! I'm hoping for a Karnov's Revenge soon. Or a Breaker's Revenge? Too much vengeance, man. People need to learn to be nice to each other.

So I got JoJos installed, but it's not quite ready yet. I'm having problems getting the credit switch to activate (The harnessing was set for a 6 button game and JoJos is 4 button so I have to do some modifications). Oh, and it's the updated version: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future.

I've been practicing my Lillith and Jedah a bit, so hopefully we'll see some good matches tomorrow!

Thats awesome! Don't forget to get the secret characters!

Great games, thanks to everyone who entered!

Here's the Results:

BlazBue: Continuum Shift

1st Place: Zong_One [Carl]

2nd: Severin [Λ -11-]

3rd: ShinATProof [Haku-Men]

4th: Mike Z. [Tager]

6th: Ryofang [Arakune]

6th: Donavan [Jin]

8th: render [Jin]

8th: Jason D. [Rachel]

13th: Mr. Camaro [Makoto]

13th: Ike Takeda [Hazama]

13th: Gamerboy15 [Ragna]

13th: Id [Carl]

13th: The Baron [Haku-Men]

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core

1st Place: Mike Z. [Potemkin]

2nd: Brett [Ky, Johnny]

3rd: Jason D. [Axl]

4th: Venom Camaro [Venom]

6th: Sledge [Chipp]

6th: ShinATProof [Haku-Men]

8th: Baddexample [sol]

8th: Xie [Faust]

11th: Id [Jam, Baiken]

11th: ROBO_ZONG [Robo-Ky]

11th: The Baron [Faust]

Vampire Savior: The Lord of the Vampire

1st Place: Sledge [Victor]

2nd: Rotanibor: [Demitri, Jedah]

3rd: Zeppeli [sasquatch]

4th: ShinATProof [Felicia]

6th: Jason D. [Morrigan]

6th: Severin [Q-Bee]

8th: Zabel Camaro [Rapter]

8th: Mike Z. [Hsien-Ko]

13th: Id [Jedah, Lillith]

13th: ll.nd [b. B. Hood]

13th: Ike Takeda [Jedah]

13th: RoyalFlush [Victor]

13th: Tronzilla666 [Talbain, Rikuo]

The whole day was a lot of fun. It was great seeing everybody again, and Vampire Savior seemed to be a BB/GG crowd vs TvC crowd.

Thanks to everyone who helped out, Rotanibor and RoyalFlush especially (for holding Vampire Savior and Tatsunoko).

The next tournament will be in two weeks again: December 12th, so be sure to make it! That will also be our last tournament of the year (no tourney on 12/26).

I'll post character rankings in a bit.

BlazBlue:

Arakune: ryofang

Bang: WiCKED

Carl: Zong_One

Hakumen: ShinATProof

Hazama: IkeTakeda

Iron Tager: Mike Z.

Jin: Donovan

Λ -11: Severin

Litchi: Severin

Makoto: Makoto Camaro

μ -12: Kro

Noel: SBaloney

Rachel: Jason D.

Ragna: Sirokane

Taokaka: Diar

Tsubaki: MsJin Kisaragi

Valkenhayn: JamesX

Guilty Gear:

A.B.A: ABAre

Anji: SBaloney

Axl: Jason D.

Baiken: ShinATProof

Bridget: Raptor

Chipp: Sledge

Dizzy: Fuzuri

Eddie: AKA

Faust: Xie

I-No: -

Jam: Id

Johnny: render

Ky: Brett

May: SuperFX

Millia: Kro

Order-Sol: DQRF

Potemkin: Mike Z.

Robo-Ky: Zong_One

Slayer: -

Sol: Baddexample

Testament: Mumm-Ra & Soniti

Venom: Venom Camaro

Zappa: Fuzurugi

Vampire Savior:

Anakaris: -

B.B. Hood: ll.nd

Bishamon: -

Dimitri: Rotanibor

Filicia: ShinATProof

Hsien-Ko: Mike Z.

J. Talbain: Tronzilla666

Jedah: Rotanibor

Lillith: Id

Lord Rapter: Mr. Camaro

Morrigan: Jason D.

Q-Bee: Severin

Rikuo: Tronzilla666

Sasquatch: Zeppeli

Victor: Sledge

Oh, Brett I have your 2nd place winnings from GG. I'll give it to you if I see you on Thurs.

BlazBlue:

Arakune: ryofang

So I see that I have to enter the next tourney as Ara...

This is do-able.

So I see that I have to enter the next tourney as Ara...

This is do-able.

*Enters as Carl with an xbox pad*

GGs to all in VS. Great playing that game competitively again. Looking forward to next time.

GGs to all in BBCS. It was nice not feeling free for once.:sweatdrop:

GGs to all in GGXXAC. It is great seeing everyone improve. Baiken is still mad at me for dropping the proper Dust Combo I just learned.

mike didn't play at all

but I beat everyone I played at jojos

You should have said something! When I wasn't playing VS or BBCS I was playing Jojo and going through the computer with Hol Horse.

also I got 4th at GG?

that is fucking disgusting

LOL

I'm taking back my coveted 3rdPlace spot next time. Not losing in this shit again.

Oh, Brett I have your 2nd place winnings from GG. I'll give it to you if I see you on Thurs.

Alright ty, I'll probably show up on thurs.

Also shoutouts to being the Stork of FFA GG.

So, I'm planning ahead for next year, and I figure a monthish break would be good (it would give people time to enjoy the holidays and to prevent their heads from exploding during finals).

So the date I'm thinking of starting the tournaments again (remember 12/12 will be our last tournament of the year) will be January 23rd. Arcana Heart 3 will be out by then and hopefully BlazBlue CS2 will be out for consoles. Idk what the TvC guys are planning with MvC3 just around the corner at that time, Feb 15th; but for now I'll just plan around the airdasher games.

At the start of Season 2011, everybody's character stats will start over. I've also revamped the point system a little bit. Hopefully we can jump start getting Melty Blood back in these tournaments, too.

Just to review the times, here's how the schedule will be planned to go:

2PM:

Guilty Gear

Melty Blood

Arcana Heart

5PM:

BlazBlue

Vampire Savior

Tatsunoko

Arcana Heart is going in the 2PM slot because it will be run on PS3s and we also need PS3s for BB, so AH and BB need to be in two different slots. Also, if I could get volunteers for any 2PM slot games, Arcana Heart, Guilty Gear, or Melty Blood, that would be great. I can take one, but all three would be a hand-full. And if anyone would be willing to bring in a PS2 for Melty Blood that would be greatly appreciated. (If anyone can help me fix my PS2 that would be good, too. I hear I just need to turn a gear a little bit in order to make the discs get read.)

P.S. I'll be putting in VS during our Thursday casuals, so come down for VS, also!

If the last tourney's on the 12th, I would suggest that everybody should attend. Hopefully everyone practices Jojo as much as possible, that is such a great game. II chocked in GGXXAC again :( Vampire Savior tourney was great, feels good to see good players for that game.

shit I don't I can make it if its the 12th, cause that's also the new legendary lotus casuals day. alas, i was gonna enter as (IN, SL) too!

The LL thing is from 11AM -> onward, isn't it? Though I'm sure shit won't get hype til the evening. So... :(

GG to everyone that day lol. I didn't play that much due to me being new to stick. Cool meeting people. Hopefully the next time we play, I'll be good enough to play and not be free T_T