Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA Airdasher Bi-weekly Tournaments (BB, GG, MB, etc.) Season 2010

Shout outs to everyone that played some GG with me, been the longest since I played other people.

Shout outs to me not knowing how to play.

I hope to be more of a threat to people each time I see them.

That will be my goal.

Whoaaaaaa! Grats Jason on all your placements thar! :D Totally envious that there were that many people that showed up for the Tetris Attack Tourny. Let me know if you guys are gonna run it again, i want to show off my old skills in such an awesome game!

And Zong! Look forward to you potentially being a beast in GG! I hope to play with everyone in GG (and some Tetris attack) soon!

W00t I play Baiken now in GG tourneys.

Anyways, good games to all in BB, GG, and Tetris Attack. It was fun re-experiencing the game that took up most of my 1st grade.

Zong! We have to start to learn GG like at the same time. So we have someone who's not terrible to beat up on! :DDDDD

That was a lot of fun, I always enjoy running these tournaments even if it's a lot of work.

Once my series of exams are over I'll focus back on my BB training.

Fucking awesome tournament! Everything in BB was hype:

Makoto Camaro showing us stupid awesome Makoto corner combos.

Ryofang for getting 3rd place, then having to wake up for high school Monday morning.

Shout-outs to the vastly fewer amount of Jin players to enter tournaments since CT (Render where are you??!).

There was a TON of brand new faces here for BlazBlue: The Baron, Dan, Wicked, Ikarus, Moon Master, Mr. X, Kuro Fuugetsu, ryofang and TC. And a bunch of old school CT returning players who showed up for the first time like Kila and Diar.

Thanks a lot to Mike Z. for always winning Guilty Gear, for bringing in Tetris Attack, and for bringing in Skull Girls. There was a new super that I didn't get to see!

Thanks to everybody else, too. These tournaments help get fresh new fighters into airdashers. So many people I talk to just play Street Fighter IV, and have never played any other fighting game. It's events like these that show them what other fighters are all about.

Thanks to RoyalFlush for holding another awesome TvC tournament. No Drinks got second place, freakin' awesome. Keep up the TvC practice.

Announcements for next tournament:

Guilty Gear Accent Core 3 character 1 player tournament!

It will happen. Each player chooses 3 characters that they fight against 3 other characters. The winner is the one who is most versatile and skilled.

This will take place on the AC+ console game, so please bring your PS2 sticks. Full rules coming soon.

Tetris Attack Tournament:

With the amazing success of the first Tetris Attack, we'll be bringing it again next time. So get your thumbs ready for some block switching cursor moving action. Maybe this time I'll enter and even learn the names of the characters! =O

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift:

This next tournament will include the arrival of Valkenhayn! So get your two weeks of practice in if you want to use him in the tournament!

Melty Blood: Actress Again:

I really want to see the MB tournaments get off the ground. To help do this, I'm dropping the entry fee to $1 winner-take-all. Please don't decline to enter just because you don't have money for the entry fee. And if you think you're not good enough enter anyways! It's just a dollar and it's a great experience entering tournaments for your first time.

Twinkle Star Sprites:

I don't have full plans for this yet, but if I can get someone to run it we'll have it.

I'll see you all again at most in 2 weeks. Show up Thursdays for airdasher casuals at FFA!

Profound sadness that there is no more Hokuto and it got replaced with NGBCrap. Requesting Rumble Fish 2 as replacement Atomiswave title if nobody plays NGBC and can't put back Hokuto.

We were actually planning on putting in NGBC right from the start, but we didn't have the cart at the arcade and had to get it from the warehouse. So I put a different Atomiswave game in that I thought everyone would like, too, HnK.

NGBC came out on Xbox Live Arcade recently, so quite a few people are getting into it. It definitely is already doing better than HnK was when it was in that cabinet.

I'll see about switching it out for HnK during every tournament, it's not hard to swap.

If I had my way, it would be KoFXI ^_^

Just put HnK on one of the 3rd strike/Marvel cabs lol.

No lag + no one will miss it.

There are more cabs than people to play those two games.

Just put HnK on one of the 3rd strike/Marvel cabs lol.

No lag + no one will miss it.

There are more cabs than people to play those two games.

You wouldn't mind it on Am sticks? We have other cabinets we could put it on with a VGA monitor if you don't mind Am sticks.

Zong! We have to start to learn GG like at the same time. So we have someone who's not terrible to beat up on! :DDDDD

DO ITTTT.

You wouldn't mind it on Am sticks? We have other cabinets we could put it on with a VGA monitor if you don't mind Am sticks.

I'd love to say I don't mind, but I would, lol.

*sigh*

I'll just have to play it on atomiswave emu I guess.

EDIT-

I would still probably mash it on am stick though.

I dunno.

We'll we've got one empty AM cabinet with VGA set up, but we didn't really have a game to put in it. Taito X/X2 was what we were using, but it was more or less a spare board for when another Taito X2 board crashes and dies.

Atomiswave uses VGA and I hadn't even considered putting one in there.

If you could have it your way, which would you prefer?

HnK in a zero-lag stand-up Am stick setup or

HnK in a Delta 32 cabinet (I can change the screen back to 4:3 instead of widescreen) with quite a bit of lag on it.

Obviously, the Am stick with no lag on stand up cab.

I would just be learning the game, so I can't use the Am stick as the reason I can't do my combos... yet. :kitty:

Obviously, the Am stick with no lag on stand up cab.

I would just be learning the game, so I can't use the Am stick as the reason I can't do my combos... yet. :kitty:

I'll talk to Ralph about it and see what we can do. There's nothing in that cabinet atm, so there's little reason to not put it in.

Yeahhh halfwayyyy! Apparently, I have to go to the next one or suffer the consequences. I'm soooo packing food/drinks/personal ac next time, lol

I misread that and got excited cuz I thought you were bringing GGAC. (^.^)'

Yeah, FFA needs to reorganize their fans something fierce.

Also Kyle, good job on doing whatever combo that was, I suppose.

All you fools need to learn Tetris Attack!

I misread that and got excited cuz I thought you were bringing GGAC. (^.^)'

Yeah, FFA needs to reorganize their fans something fierce.

Lol, sorry to momentarily excite you! I'll be sure to notate properly in the future. A/C =/= ac. xD I'm such a loser >.>