Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA Airdasher Bi-weekly Tournaments (BB, GG, MB, etc.) Season 2010

The LL thing is from 11AM -> onward, isn't it? Though I'm sure shit won't get hype til the evening. So... :(

lol, you forget, I only go for gg, so it doesnt really matter how early LL starts since ffa gg is like 2-6pm ish. orz.

also hopefully i'll be showing up on thurs, to get my stupid 4 dollars if anything. more like practice VS. also damnit i wish i still could do my 3x 1f link dio bnbs ☜(゚∀゚☜)

GG to everyone that day lol. I didn't play that much due to me being new to stick. Cool meeting people. Hopefully the next time we play, I'll be good enough to play and not be free T_T

Our GG machine has PS2 ports that you can plug your controller into. I know there's a lot of GG players who play on pad, so that's why I got it installed.

Our GG machine has PS2 ports that you can plug your controller into. I know there's a lot of GG players who play on pad, so that's why I got it installed.

Now do it for BB. Except for xbox ;~;

damnit nathan, where were u today. we hella wanted to play VS grrr. also shoutouts to severin losing to some random guy MASHING on eddie.

EDIT: i hope that wasn't RAOU. Or I'd laugh.

Sorry, something important came up and I couldn't make it. I really wanted to go and I know you guys were wanting VS...

I would have posted here online but our internet crapped out on the Service Provider's side. I'm posting from work right now, idk how long it'll take for them to fix.

Sorry, something important came up and I couldn't make it. I really wanted to go and I know you guys were wanting VS...

I would have posted here online but our internet crapped out on the Service Provider's side. I'm posting from work right now, idk how long it'll take for them to fix.

Time Warner Cable, ftl.

ggs for thurs. seung pyo showed up get hype.

also i'm secretly godlike at Dio. running dat tripple 1f link bnb yo.

...is what I used to be able to say.

So, I've got some news. FFA will not be getting BlazBlue Continuum Shift II for arcade, guaranteed.

It's not an issue about money, it's an issue about us not being in Japan. I've had an email conversation with Taito Corporation's Japanese sales department and they told me that the game will exclusively be available on the NESiCA x Live System. Since FFA cannot connect to a Japanese internet, FFA cannot download the game. Also, an active internet connection is required, which means if we bought a system that has BBCS2 from Japan we could still not play the game. The active internet connection is needed in order to feed money to Taito for every credit that the customers play. Even if we somehow got the game from Japan and it worked, we would need to up the price of the game because Taito would take a cut of our sales.

Thanks Taito! :vbang:

We'll still run tournaments, but it will be on console. Maybe we can make a console arcade-style cabinet like we have for SSF4 (and will have for MvC3).

P.S.: I've also been in contact with RoyalFlush, and he tells me that when MvC3 comes out, they'll be switching TvC for MvC3. So we'll be having MvC3 for our tournaments.

EDIT: I should probably post this up on the main BlazBlue thread, too, along with a copy of our e-mail exchange. I might do that in a bit.

So, I've got some news. FFA will not be getting BlazBlue Continuum Shift II for arcade, guaranteed.

It's not an issue about money, it's an issue about us not being in Japan. I've had an email conversation with Taito Corporation's Japanese sales department and they told me that the game will exclusively be available on the NESiCA x Live System. Since FFA cannot connect to a Japanese internet, FFA cannot download the game. Also, an active internet connection is required, which means if we bought a system that has BBCS2 from Japan we could still not play the game. The active internet connection is needed in order to feed money to Taito for every credit that the customers play. Even if we somehow got the game from Japan and it worked, we would need to up the price of the game because Taito would take a cut of our sales.

Thanks Taito! :vbang:

We'll still run tournaments, but it will be on console. Maybe we can make a console arcade-style cabinet like we have for SSF4 (and will have for MvC3).

P.S.: I've also been in contact with RoyalFlush, and he tells me that when MvC3 comes out, they'll be switching TvC for MvC3. So we'll be having MvC3 for our tournaments.

EDIT: I should probably post this up on the main BlazBlue thread, too, along with a copy of our e-mail exchange. I might do that in a bit.

pretty big news :(

SSFIV AE is coming out on Japanese arcades in 2 weeks. When is FFA going to get it?

We've preordered the game and will be getting it from the same sources as Japanese arcades. The game comes out on Dec. 20th, but it might take a little while to get it shipped and processed, especially since arcade games are much bigger than your typical PS3 game and SSF4AE is coming out right at the holidays.

I don't want to promise anything about how soon we'll get the game, but I'd guess anywhere between 3 days to 1 month after the game comes out. I'll be sure to announce ahead of time once we get a tracking number and can follow everything. Also, the game is very expensive, so expect to pay a lot to play it >.>

when is that?

i am luke warm hype for mvc3

We've preordered the game and will be getting it from the same sources as Japanese arcades. The game comes out on Dec. 20th, but it might take a little while to get it shipped and processed, especially since arcade games are much bigger than your typical PS3 game and SSF4AE is coming out right at the holidays.

I don't want to promise anything about how soon we'll get the game, but I'd guess anywhere between 3 days to 1 month after the game comes out. I'll be sure to announce ahead of time once we get a tracking number and can follow everything. Also, the game is very expensive, so expect to pay a lot to play it >.>

Sounds good. If I gotta pay extra to play, then I better make sure to win as much as possible. Hakan, my boy, it's time to oil up!

Not surprised in the slightest about this revelation regarding BBCS2. We can only hope the Console equivalent of the update will come out soon enough. I want to play Platinum and my new stupider C-spam version of Hakumen.

Sort of hyped to play the updated SSF4AE. I just hope Juri is made a little stronger. Angry that the only added characters were Yun, Yang and a new Shin Gouki and SnH Ryu though.

I only now slightly regret not playing TvC (despite being a huge Tastunoko fan; and not owning a Wii) if the TvC crowd will drop it for MvC3.

:vbang: I can't continue training anymore.

It's a good thing that somewhere inside me I expected this to happen, but I couldn't help but be hopeful.

To be fair, I'm not getting CS2 either since you actually can't play it in the US without special stupid hookups. Gogo new technology!

To be fair, I'm not getting CS2 either since you actually can't play it in the US without special stupid hookups. Gogo new technology!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. There's a new I/O board you have to buy for the game too.

Well, hopefully BBCS2 will be console DLC relatively quickly.

PC IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNSSSUUUUUULLLT

Last edited by Mr. Camaro; Today at 03:10 AM. Reason: Mike z wants me to be nice

WTF? LOL PM me on what you said.