Sign in to follow this  
Spark

[CSE] Hakumen Q & A: New players check here first

BBCP_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

Ask any game play related questions about Hakumen here.

Also people who are answering questions posted should quote the entire question.

If you're new to Hakumen read this!

How do I do Hakumen's basic BNB (623AA > jc > falling j.2C > 2C > sjc > j.2A > *)?

Common problems / Solutions:

1. You do the falling j.2C too early so you cannot connect 2C before they tech.

- This just takes practice to get right, some people look at Hakumen's knees when timing this. When his knees start to bend after the jump cancel use j.2C.

2. You do the falling j.2C too late and they tech before you hit them with it.

- Same solution as the one above.

3. After hitting with 2C you can't super jump into j.2A.

- You are probably doing 2C 9 j.2A. Which will not give you a super jump. You have to go back to neutral after hitting with 2C and then back to down then up to get the super jump.

4. You can't airdash after j.2A into another j.2A.

- Just a timing problem. Just hold the second input, like if you were dashing right it would be 6 hold 6 to use advanced input to help you out.

5. You cannot get the j.C to connect at the end of the combo.

- Some times they will be too low for j.C to connect at the end of the combo. Usually this happens if you super jump from 2C after letting j.2C hit as low as possible.

Edited by Spark
Adding stuff

Example:

How do I combo after 6B?

Normally you cannot because if you hit someone crouching with this the first hit will stun them then the second hit will cause them to ground bounce, letting them tech before you can combo.

However there are a few special cases where you can combo after wards.

1. You trade with the first hit of 6B with a low level move, so you recover from CH hitstun first and link 2A/5A before they can recover.

2. They do a foot attribute that extends their hitbox, so you CH them with the first part of 6B causing them to lean back from the hit causing the 2nd hit to whiff and letting you connect 2A/5A before they can recover.

3. They are crouching with a anti-projectile orb right above them, so when you hit them with 6B the second hit bounces them up into it. Which will let you follow up with 2C/5C.

4. You hit them with the first hit and cancel into 2D/6D and catch some thing that won't go away when they get hit like Litchi's staff.

5. You might also be able to combo after CHing with only the 2nd hit, but I'm not 100% on that one.

What are the situations where you can get 5C, 5C instead of 2C on the staple BnB combo?

In general it's when you hit them with the very top of 5C when they're in the air.

For instance, if you're launching them from standing/crouching, or OTG they're at the right height for 5C > 5C if when you do the falling j.2C your sword almost touches the ground.

Ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdTWvvHELoI#t=2m52s

However if they're in the air when you do 623AA, say when you do 214B (1 Hit) > 623AA, it may not be possible to get the 5C > 5C on less you delay the 623AA to hit them at a certain height.

When would you use 5A instead of something like j.C? I mean, 5A is fast, but it has a relatively small hitbox and I can see a ton of things cleanly hitting you out of it. The only way it would hit them somehow is if they were right in front of you but without their attack hitting you first, and how often would that be?

Hakumen's hops seem to be a lot faster now. Although I hear its because the recovery frames for his hop has been shortened, is that true? For example in CS it's possible (IIRC) for Haku to perform Grab > Gurren > hop > 5B > j.2A > IAD > j.2A > j.C

Doing a hop and connecting with a 5B would not have flown in CT.

5A and jC are for completely different purposes/situations. What are you asking exactly?

i believe he's referring to use as anti-air.

in any case, 5A is to beat low jumps on reaction, j.C is to beat high/double jumps.

If that's the case, then I wouldn't suggest using jC as AA. If it's high/double jump, reposition under them (if you are confident you can make the correct read) or create distance (if you want to play safe).

Hakumen's hops seem to be a lot faster now. Although I hear its because the recovery frames for his hop has been shortened, is that true? For example in CS it's possible (IIRC) for Haku to perform Grab > Gurren > hop > 5B > j.2A > IAD > j.2A > j.C

Pretty sure it still doesn't work in CS, I think it's still only for certain situations like a high Gurren bounce from something like 2B>214A

Let's see if I have this right...

Haku's primer-breaking moves are 6b (1st hit, breaks 1), Hotaru (breaks 1), 6c (any charge, breaks 1), and Shippu (breaks 2). However, do they all break primers even if the other guy is barrier guarding?

Also, I believe his fatal counter moves are Hotaru and 6c full charge. Hotaru does FC only if it's a counter hit, but [6c] will FC even on hit. Am I correct?

All such moves will break guard primer through barrier until there is only 1 primer remaining. Then each move will eat 1/3 of the total barrier, regardless of how many primer it would break beforehand.

Both hotaru and 6C needs to count hit for fatal. Only move in the game that has built in fatal is rachel's lv3 j2C.

Is 5B a better choice than 5A?

I'm more comfortable doing Gurren > hop combos with 5A but if it's better I'll starting drilling into my head.

Is 5B a better choice than 5A?

I'm more comfortable doing Gurren > hop combos with 5A but if it's better I'll starting drilling into my head.

Obviously 5B would be better. With 5A you're forced to link into j.A to keep comboing in the air, but you can go straight into j.2A with 5B. Then there's the fact that using 5B would get you more damage in the combo.

Thanks for the info.

Another Q, but more general this time: just how do you top players get all your info? Ryoko posted this recently, for example, some of which is info I'd never heard of before. Just how do you guys know this stuff?

It's from the mook.

Pretty sure it still doesn't work in CS, I think it's still only for certain situations like a high Gurren bounce from something like 2B>214A

In CT BC > 236A > 66 > 5B works on everyone. It also works on everyone in CS, but if you do dash 5B you won't always get the j.C in j.A > j.B > jc > j.2A > j.C to connect depending on the character.

@Spark: Correct me if I`m wrong, but isn`t that fact (the not connecting j.C) the reason to use 66>5A>5A>jc>j.A>j.B>jc>j.2A>j.C after BC? Iirc, the opponent will move higher and the j.C will connect.

@Spark: Correct me if I`m wrong, but isn`t that fact (the not connecting j.C) the reason to use 66>5A>5A>jc>j.A>j.B>jc>j.2A>j.C after BC? Iirc, the opponent will move higher and the j.C will connect.

I just tested BC > 66 > 5A > 5A > sjc > j.A > j.B > jc > j.2A > j.C. It does 2790 DMG and will work on Hazama and Taokaka for which the j.C in the normal combo will whiff on. It also seems to work on Noel too. I haven't tested Rachel, but if it worked on her there's no reason to do the normal throw combo over this one.

Obviously 5B would be better. With 5A you're forced to link into j.A to keep comboing in the air, but you can go straight into j.2A with 5B. Then there's the fact that using 5B would get you more damage in the combo.

Righto!

*burning combo into memory*

Does Super Yukikaze (faster than normal Yukikaze, activated when Haku catches an attack/projectile on the very first frame of Yukikaze) still exist in CS?

Does Super Yukikaze (faster than normal Yukikaze, activated when Haku catches an attack/projectile on the very first frame of Yukikaze) still exist in CS?

Yes.

Moar Hotaru

In corner: TK Hotaru > 5C > 2C > j.2A > falling j.2C > 2C > hj.C > falling j.2A > j.C > 5C > 3C Takes 2 stars, gives back 1.

For this combo, what's the timing for 5C such that 2C combos? I noticed that with hop Hotaru there's a higher rate of hitting it, is TK Hotaru just too high or something?