Sign in to follow this  
Spark

[CSE] Hakumen Q & A: New players check here first

What exactly is the timing for Akumetsu, ive been in training mode for the last half hour with a ragna with less than 20% hp and a full magatama meter, and i just cant seem to pull it off! I've only managed to pull it off twice today. . .

What exactly is the timing for Akumetsu, ive been in training mode for the last half hour with a ragna with less than 20% hp and a full magatama meter, and i just cant seem to pull it off! I've only managed to pull it off twice today. . .

It's about a second; use anything like a beat or click should suffice if you're trying to figure out the timing between holding 2 and pressing 8D. It actually comes out pretty quick, and you could always hold down while idling.

I have problems super jumping after 623AA > j.2C > 2C. I usually do a normal jump or I ash instead of super jump. Any tips on super jumping? I tend to 1 > 9 to super jump forward.

I have problems super jumping after 623AA > j.2C > 2C. I usually do a normal jump or I ash instead of super jump. Any tips on super jumping? I tend to 1 > 9 to super jump forward.

As soon as the 2C comes out, you release the stick/d-pad and then perform very quick 2>9.

Haku's primer-breaking moves are 6b (1st hit, breaks 1)

i might be wrong (i haven't played for roughly a month), but i thought the way 6B's primer-breaking mechanism worked was that both the 1st and the 2nd hits remove 1 primer, but you can't remove 2 primers. So IOW, if you hit with the 1st hit of 6B, then only the 1st hit will remove a primer, but if you hit with only the 2nd hit, then you will still remove a primer.

Starter move > 623AA > falling j.2C, 2C > sj.2A, IAD j.2A, j.C

A little help is needed here. Everytime after falling j.2C, 2C or sometimes just the j.2C the enemy recovers too fast for me to get off the next move. Am i doing anything wrong here?

Starter move > 623AA > falling j.2C, 2C > sj.2A, IAD j.2A, j.C

A little help is needed here. Everytime after falling j.2C, 2C or sometimes just the j.2C the enemy recovers too fast for me to get off the next move. Am i doing anything wrong here?

1. when your opponents head meat your knee's tricky to time.

2. when your knee's bend while falling down.

3. sound que gotta listen for that grunt.

i actually use 1 and 2...i think its another(easier) way to do it.

From the CT combo thread and SolBadass. Basically, you need to take the visual or audio cues in the game to tell you when you have to execute j.2C after 623AA. the main reason why the 2C after j.2C doesn't combo is because your j.2C was not hitting at a good enough height. Try to follow the cues SolBadass gave; they really help improve your timing.

Now I have a question myself. In starter>66>5A>j.A>j.B>jc>j.2A>j.C the part j.B>jc>j.2A comes out too randomly in my case. Especially the jc>j.2A comes out too late. The dummy/opponent recovers during j.2A. Any tipps somebody?

Hey guys. I just picked up CS and was trying to go through challenge mode with Hakumen. I'm on #3 or #4 (can't remember and I'm at work), the 2nd combo where they want you to 2D >> 66 >> 5B >> j.c >> j.A... etc. For some reason I'm having a really difficult time landing the 5B after the 2D >> dash. I simply cannot get the dash to execute as quickly as the demonstration shows. Is there some trick to this or is the timing really that tight? Thanks!

The timing is just that tight. I had a hard time landing the j.A > j.B after the 5B.

Question about doing

... > 623AA > Falling j.C > 2C > SJC -> j.2A > etc

Should the j.2A be input as you're rising still? Usually when I wait until I reach the opponent's level it's too late.

Yeah, input it as soon as you can. You have to get it out at the first possible moment, or they can tech. Same with the IAD j.2A. It might help to try buffering it. Also, depending on certain combos or situations, you need to just do a normal jump. But normally sj.2A should work.

Moar Hotaru

In corner: TK Hotaru > 5C > 2C > j.2A > falling j.2C > 2C > hj.C > falling j.2A > j.C > 5C > 3C Takes 2 stars, gives back 1.

For this combo, what's the timing for 5C such that 2C combos? I noticed that with hop Hotaru there's a higher rate of hitting it, is TK Hotaru just too high or something?

For 5C>2C its all about the height that you catch the opponent with 5C. To ensure you hit 2C also, input 5C as soon as possible. For TK hotaru, when i input 5C, it almost looks like haku only has his backfoot on the ground when landing from hotaru. So you can always combo from either hotaru, as long as you get that 5C quick. It just seems that with dash hotaru, haku has less of a distance to fall to the ground which enables you to connect 5C a little quicker.

I'm on #3 or #4 (can't remember and I'm at work), the 2nd combo where they want you to 2D >> 66 >> 5B >> j.c >> j.A... etc. For some reason I'm having a really difficult time landing the 5B after the 2D >> dash. I simply cannot get the dash to execute as quickly as the demonstration shows.

It might be a bit difficult, but try to hit Bang a bit 'late' (The timing after 2D is tight, but try to hit him as low as possible, makes the j.B connect easier more often); though even if I say that, there's really not that much time, right? Are you buffering the dash during 2D fast enough?

(er...not buffer..dash cancel, I think)

Thanks, Aeonphreak, I'll practice.

one more question:

5C>214B>2C>j.2A>j.C>214A>5C>3C=4341

That's a whole lot of damage for a 3-star, corner or not. Is it right? Also, how hard is the transition from j.C>214A?

one more question:

That's a whole lot of damage for a 3-star, corner or not. Is it right? Also, how hard is the transition from j.C>214A?

Yep, I tested it myself after Aeon confirmed that 5C>3C works and the damage is correct, just have to hit with 214A high enough according to him.

It's surprisingly easy to connect a 214A after j.C, if that's what you're asking. The only thing you have to worry about is hitting the j.C after j.2A, and even then, it's a matter of timing.

For Hakumen's challenge #4, how do you get the dash into Tsubaki?

66, 2147C doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm just not doing it fast enough?

The rest of the combo is easy, I just can't figure out what input I should be doing for the start.

EDIT: Ne'er mind, I managed to figure out, after trying a bunch of stuff. For those others having any problems with it, the motion I used is:

6632147C

whats the best thing to do after a guard crush with 4 or less stars?

In the middle of the screen, do a jump in j2C into basic renka enma combo. If less than 4, omit renka. jC screen carry is also an option, in which case also omit renka.

In the corner, do a jump in j2C into renka combo. Depending on # of magatama and specific situations, choose whether you want to go for max dmg, knockdown set-up, or reset.

The timing is just that tight. I had a hard time landing the j.A > j.B after the 5B.

This seems to be what is giving me a problem it seems bang is to high when I go for the j.B could that be the case or do I need to try hit it even quicker?

This seems to be what is giving me a problem it seems bang is to high when I go for the j.B could that be the case or do I need to try hit it even quicker?

You actually have to hit slower. Hit the 5B too early and he'll be too high for the j.B to connect.

You need to hit Bang right as he's about to air tech to put him at the right height for j.B to connect after the j.A.

It's a very tight window.

Does 5C (corner) > Renka, 2C > sj.2A, falling J.2C, 2C > sj.2A, IAD j.2A, j.C, 5C, 3C not work? Wouldn't it be better to use that if it does?

Does 5C (corner) > Renka, 2C > sj.2A, falling J.2C, 2C > sj.2A, IAD j.2A, j.C, 5C, 3C not work? Wouldn't it be better to use that if it does?

Its definitely better to use what you've listed. You just may not be able to based on the distance between you and your opponent. If you're too far from your opponent when you hit confirm 5C, the combo you listed will whiff. Not to mention if you're very close to your opponent who's in the corner, throwing out a 5C may present a chance for you to get counter hit.

This combo's is useful when you hit confirm 5C at just inside its max range with your opponent in corner.

Now, if you hit confirm 5C with your opponent in corner at max range 5C, the safest thing would be to do emma loop (assuming 3 stars or less) because this (5C>214B>2C>j.2A>j.C>214A>5C>3C=4341) will whiff.

Its all distance dependent