Sign in to follow this  
Spark

[CSE] Hakumen Q & A: New players check here first

srry if this was already posted, but did anyone notice the wierd kick/facepalm haku does in 5A>5A>5B or 5A>5A>5C?

Wait I meant unlimited hakumen srry

After 3C is there anything else besides 2B>Gurren>(hop)>A>J.A>J.C.>J.B>J.2A>J.C?

You can do the 214B (1 Hit) > 623AA combo instead.

What's the best meterless combo you can get off of 6D when not in the corner?

I use 6D -> 6C lvl3 -> IAD j2A -> j.C as a placeholder.

Just wondering since I occasionaly get a 6D as a round opener versus Tagers who try to punish 4C with 5A. Thank you for the answer!

^ Shouldn't you be able to do 6D -> [6c] -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.C?

I wouldn't know since I still don't have CS, but from vids it seems this should be possible.

EDIT: I have a Q of my own, actually:

Supposing the other blocks 6c, at what range can he punish you for it (assuming he can at all)?

EDIT: I have a Q of my own, actually:

Supposing the other blocks 6c, at what range can he punish you for it (assuming he can at all)?

6C could be punishable if done at point-blank to close range (just barely touching Haku's foot). There's almost no reason to want to use 6C without some good distance between you and the opponent.

on the main falling c combo, "[starter move] > 623AA > falling j.2C, 2C > sj.2A, IAD j.2A, j.C", how do i cancel from 623AA to falling j.c? do i do a sj? or normal j?... i tried jumping after the 623AA and j.2c but the combo number goes blue... can't pull it off while maintaining the combo inescapable without burst.

Whoa-o has some stuff changed in CS. Spacing seems much more important in combos now.

That said, I'm trying out Haku's challenge #9, and I can't get 5c x2 to get out. I'm using hop hotaru if that changes anything.

Now, I have figured out the timing for the 5c x2 link. It's just that going from j.2c to 5c x2 is a bit ambiguous. The sample play shows that j.2c should be done as low as possible, so I'm thinking Bang's height has something to do with it. Any help?

ok.. with the "[starter move] > 623AA > falling j.2C, 2C > sj.2A, IAD j.2A, j.C", i'm still having problems.. >_<, been trying for more than a half hour, now i can't get the sj.2A,IAD,j.2A,j.C part going, y get to the IAD and i can't continue form there... either i hit with sj.2A and dash lat, or i just hit with the sj.2A.

Whoa-o has some stuff changed in CS. Spacing seems much more important in combos now.

That said, I'm trying out Haku's challenge #9, and I can't get 5c x2 to get out. I'm using hop hotaru if that changes anything.

Now, I have figured out the timing for the 5c x2 link. It's just that going from j.2c to 5c x2 is a bit ambiguous. The sample play shows that j.2c should be done as low as possible, so I'm thinking Bang's height has something to do with it. Any help?

While I'm abstaning from the challenge mode because I need to learn certain things with hakumen, I'm learning the same somewhat combo coincidentally.

You have to first delay the hop after hotaru don't jump immediately delay it by have a second that way they are lower to the ground after j2c because they have to be low enough to get hit by 5c.

It's about the delay bro.

Thanks, man. With that I just finished Haku's challenges. The spacing is an issue when you're not used to it, but once you get it, you'll hit it every time (training mode, at least). If you need any help with the challenges, just hit me up. :)

Anyone else having problems with the Hotaru(delayed jump cancel) > j.2C > 5C, 5C? The second 5C doesn't connect sometimes as opposed to when I don't delay the jump cancel at all.

Edit: Nevermind, the problem was that I was delaying the jump cancel too long. I could get 5C, 5C when I didn't delay the jump cancel or only delayed it slightly.

There is a window for the delay that can be applied to both regular hit and fatal counter versions. I suggest you use that window and find an identical timing so the probability of a mistake is minimized.

Basically, you will be adjusting the timing of your j2C instead of your delay, and it will work because you do j2C faster for regular hit, and slower for fatal counter hit (which is fine because you get 2 additional frames anyways).

Okay, so it turns out that completing Haku #9 was a complete fluke. Linking j.2c to 5c x2 is fucking ridiculous. It's like GG suddenly invaded BB.

What I got so far:

- Hop hotaru seems to have the highest rate of success.

- From here, you have two choices: delay Hotaru and/or delay j.2c.

- Whichever you choose to delay, the optimal hitbox height seems to fall slightly above Haku once you hit with j.2c.

- I think there's also about 1-2 frames you can delay before the other can tech out after j.2c hit where you can play with a 5c delay. Needs confirm.

Now, if all this weren't enough, this is where the rage comes in. I'll often hit 5c with the very tip, as supposed to, but the second 5c will not come out. This is driving me nuts. Help?

Again, familiarize yourself with a hotaru delay jump timing, and use that for all situations. You can adjust height with delayed j2C and delayed 5C, which are better suited for the purpose. Hit confirming on jump delay is going to be significantly more difficult.

Furthermore, you will have to do that for every character, as most have different aerial hitbox. I find that hazama, Litchi, and Arakune to be most variable, with Carl and Bang following them.

Also, keep in mind that in a real match, 5CX2 isn't the most important piece. You only get about 300 more dmg for the additional link, so never surrender a combo if you mess up that piece of the combo. There is no reason to give up free damage, but there is also no reason to not finish the combo. When in doubt, always skip the link.

Finally, the hardest part about the combo is actually when your opponent is at variable heights (in relation to you). The only thing you can do here is just learn through match experience.

Okay, so it turns out that completing Haku #9 was a complete fluke. Linking j.2c to 5c x2 is fucking ridiculous. It's like GG suddenly invaded BB.

Tell me about it. Try doing it off j.D next. For now I'm just omitting it.

How fast do you have to input hop tsubaki to chain it? I can't even get a 2nd one in; the opponent seems to tech right as I hit the ground. I tried starting with TK tsubaki and didn't have better luck either. Am I just inputting too slowly?

:vbang:

You hop tsubaki to chain, and it should feel like you are more or less mashing.

By the way, how many are you suppose to get in anyways? I'm currently only doing 9, can you get in more? Note that you obviously want enough meter left to squeeze in 2 sets of shippu.

I can't pull the sj. 2A>IAD>j.2A>j.C in any of the combos.... I've tried every time I train with Haku-men and I still can't pull it off. Is there something specific to this chain of attacks in order to execute them?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I've also set the cpu to jumping to try and execute that chain but I never get it done. I always hit with the sj.2A but I can't execute the IAD>j.2A>j.C. I smash the forward arrow on the d-pad to see if i can do the IAD on time and still don't get it.

There should be no reason to do that ender anymore. Always end with jC so you can go for knockdown, or a tech reposition.

There are also certain instances where you can get a knockdown set-up off j2A, but there isn't really anything with j2C.