Sign in to follow this  
Spark

[CSE] Hakumen Q & A: New players check here first

Hey I'm still having trouble with problem #4 on the first page... Am I supposed to do the airdash during the animation of j2A or after? Holding 66 doesn't seem to work for me...

Hey I'm still having trouble with problem #4 on the first page... Am I supposed to do the airdash during the animation of j2A or after? Holding 66 doesn't seem to work for me...

Doing the move during the animation won't work. If you have issues with the correct AD:

- check your inputs via trainings mode options

- instead of trying to do the move as fast as possible try to do it as slow as possible (i. e. wait a looong time after your first j.2A). The next j.2A will whiff, so reduce your delay in your next try just a slight bit. Rinse and repeat

can someone give me good advices what to do with players that like rush. i mean fight hakumen vs close combat

basically, you need to watch the enemy, you have to see their habits and what they do, rush characters whant to keep you blocking all day until they land a hit into a good combo.

there are differences in every "rush" character so there is nothing completely universal to watch out for (minus overheads) amongst them.

you have to watch their behaviors and use that against them to keep them honest. if they are frame trapping you, even if they aren't, you can IB the unsafe moves and if possible punish accordingly.

hakumen can stop alot of characters strings due to his drive.

and yes take the vague advice and learn to block and Ib yada yada.

vs characters like ragna you need to be on your toes and watch, poke from afar and keep your neutral game strong.

on offence try landing combos from safe pokes or if you are really in deep TK tsubaki and 6B are your friends, to mess with them into blocking high.

on defense blocking and attempting to IB moves you feel comfortable IBing can help you drastically. his D should be used on reaction to moves that are 1) already coming out, and 2) you aren't in too much hit stun.

thing is this question is really open ended into what specific rush characters can do and what the player themselves do.

im posting this info for someone else because he cant be here. ^_^ poor guy.

Learn to block and instant block?:psyduck:

yeah thanks.

mmm i have problem whe they try to corner me everytime like carl or bang. carl is the most with his nirvana, always taht i tried to poke to cal his combos pass over my down kick or whatever and always i get hit by their combos

Edited by Contreras1991

mmm i have problem whe they try to corner me everytime like carl or bang. carl is the most with his nirvana, always taht i tried to poke to cal his combos pass over my down kick or whatever and always i get hit by their combos

it's pretty unsafe to poke them when you wake up, try to instant block once or twice before you try; that's the most basic advice. If you can, pay attention to the mix-ups, too.

So I was doing some of the Hakumen challenges, and there's that one that wants me to dash into tiger knee j.214C. Now I did the combo, but I never could seem to get the j.214C quickly enough during the dash. Is there a way to really do this? And does it matter? I mean, other than wanting to complete the challenge, is there a point to tiger kneeing sooner during the dash?

So I was doing some of the Hakumen challenges, and there's that one that wants me to dash into tiger knee j.214C. Now I did the combo, but I never could seem to get the j.214C quickly enough during the dash. Is there a way to really do this? And does it matter? I mean, other than wanting to complete the challenge, is there a point to tiger kneeing sooner during the dash?

it works more offensively when you do hop specials as opposed to tiger kneeing them, i mean you're basically doing the hop forward(66) as opposed to slight jump backwards(2147) granted you have to take a slight risk by going forward but hakumen is a risk-reward type character(or at least that's how I've always seen him). a good way of inputting them is just 663214C or B if you're doing hotaru(basically doing a half circle back as soon as hakumen is in the middle of his hop)

Oh, so you can do air moves during his dash? I didn't know that. Well, I guess you learn things every day...

Also... Where'd my avatar go? This displeases me.

Edit: There we go. I'm back! >:D

Also, tried to use j.214C during a dash. Either I'm not fast enough, or something. A few times Hakumen would do 5C, others 4C, and a few times he'd dash and not attack. Do I just need to be super fast?

Also, how good is Hakumen's counter super? I'm pretty enamored with it, but then I haven't learned many combos yet, so perhaps I don't value my magatama highly enough.

Edited by HolyOrderChipp

[...] Also, tried to use j.214C during a dash. Either I'm not fast enough, or something. A few times Hakumen would do 5C, others 4C, and a few times he'd dash and not attack. Do I just need to be super fast? [...]

Try to do hop 214B for practice. If you get

- a blank renka, your dash input was incorrect;

- a B attack, both your dash and 214 input were incorrect;

- dash into renka, you're too slow;

- dash into B attack, your 214 input was incorrect;

- dash into nothing: dude, did you even press a button?

- nothing: uninstall BBCS

I know one of my problems with hop specials is that when I'm prepping for a 214 motion, my stick will be pointed downwards more than forward, so make sure you are pointing forward with the stick when doing the hop specials. Challenge 10 for Haku really forced me to learn hop j.214B, give it a try sometime to polish your skills.

Hey guys, it's been a while, so does this make me a new player? How's everyone. I'm back on the haku train. Anywho, i'm just curious as to how the new hakumen looks? Also does anyone have footage of hakumen's new corner loops?

As far as we can tell, Hakumen is prolly gonna end up being around mid tier, but he's gonna have to work for his wins. There are some very nice players that have popped up recently if you check the vids thread.

His BnB has changed to something like Renka (1) > Kishuu > 2C > etc.

^ Note: His Renka(1) -> Enma bnb changed to that.

What I'm not sure of is whether it supersedes his standard enma bnb assuming you have 3 stars on you.

So far, under normal circumstances, I can't think of anything that will give you a combo mid-screen for just two stars unless you land a 5C. It's best to just wait for that extra star to come along and then launch them into the corner.

I noticed something weird the other day VS Tsubaki (the matchup)...it seemed like j2C>tsubaki sucked her up in like some kind of vacuum hit...what's that about? I know j.2C can pick up downed characters, but why would Tsubaki draw them in further to knock them down?

I noticed something weird the other day VS Tsubaki (the matchup)...it seemed like j2C>tsubaki sucked her up in like some kind of vacuum hit...what's that about? I know j.2C can pick up downed characters, but why would Tsubaki draw them in further to knock them down?

idk maybe its your visual perspective, i dont believe tsubaki has a vaccum effect maybe the hit just draws the in do to how it hits.

Hey guys. I'm a bang player new changed Haku-Men. But I just can't seem to get the timing right on falling J.2C. Any one got any little tips or any information on when I want to hit the 2c? Any thing would help thanks.

depends on the combo.

to do j.2C land 2C whatever, you want to hit them near the center of their falling hitbox (think clean hit sidewinder). the timing varies between characters, but that's where you're aiming.

to do j.2C land 5C xx 5C, you want to do it as low as possible- pretty much right before they can tech.

Use 5b instead of 2c.

2c comes out later than 5b, so Haz has time to drop a bit too low for the j.C to connect. Using 5b instead should correct that. I personally almost exclusively use 5b now since it's got better hitbox management than 2c does. Getting oki supersedes the dmg you sacrifice.