Sign in to follow this  
Spark

[CSE] Hakumen Q & A: New players check here first

Well that wasn't so bad.

I can pull it off inconsistently. Once I get the BnB down what should I practice adding to it?

Learn combos off counters, learn corner combos, learn throw combos, and just practice a decent go to combo for each star so you have something you can pull off based on how much meter you have.

Oh, you should learn the other basic BnB, which is [starter] > 623AA > falling j.2C > 2C > j.2A > IAD j.2A > j.C.

You can probably fit in a j.B before each j.2A, but that's the basic form of it. The important part is getting the hang of that 623AA > falling j.2C > 2C link.

I might as well just post the rough version of the combo thread I have now and let everyone give their input to update it rather than keep holding off to add more.

Which bnbs do you speak of precisely?

The one in the OP.

If there's more I haven't exposed myself to them yet. Still in the process of learning how to learn this game.

Oh. I thought you meant the combos in the last few posts.

The one in the OP should work too though. But yeah, it still works. That's another basic one that all Haku players should know.

Learn combos off counters, learn corner combos, learn throw combos, and just practice a decent go to combo for each star so you have something you can pull off based on how much meter you have.

Oh, you should learn the other basic BnB, which is [starter] > 623AA > falling j.2C > 2C > j.2A > IAD j.2A > j.C.

You can probably fit in a j.B before each j.2A, but that's the basic form of it. The important part is getting the hang of that 623AA > falling j.2C > 2C link.

So practice and more practice. I'll try to fit as much of that as I can into practice sessions. Thanks.

As far as learning which attacks function as starters is that information available or do I have to figure it out on my own?

I'm compiling it now.

But for most combos you can use his As and Bs and Cs as the starters. As in 2A, 5A, 2B, 5B, 5C and sometimes 3C CH. You can experiment with 4C as well.

I'm compiling it now.

But for most combos you can use his As and Bs and Cs as the starters. As in 2A, 5A, 2B, 5B, 5C and sometimes 3C CH. You can experiment with 4C as well.

Alright, thanks again. This will really help me out, I appreciate it!

can someone explain how safe the renka1-kishuu-stuff mixup is?

Renka have 1F gap before 2nd hit.

it's not the renka1 to kishuu gap that I am questioning. It's the kishuu gap into anything else. It seems like it is easy as pie to bait the kishuu and counter before the followup after kishuu, yet I see this particular mixup used so often.

After I posted, I remembered that it has more invincibility. I think it might go through DPs and such now, so that would make it more useful if they try to mash out.

But normal moves would still hit it. For Hakumen you just have to condition them.

236B(1) > 236A is +0 on block, and -3 on IB. So characters like Hazama, or Hakumen can 2A/5A afterwards and always win, unless you frame trap them with 623AA.

236B(1) > 236A is +0 on block, and -3 on IB. So characters like Hazama, or Hakumen can 2A/5A afterwards and always win, unless you frame trap them with 623AA.

so if you do a followup after the kishuu, (which I see you yourself do a lot) you are at an even greater disadvantage, correct? How does the renka1-kishuu-FOLLOWUP mixup go so mostly unpunished?

And I assume you simply meant kishuu, not 236a. Unless you can do a kishuu somehow with 236a after a 236b motion?

They might be afraid of getting hit by 623AA, perhaps.

I guess they aren't mashing hard enough. :3

Just curious, if you only hit with the 2nd hit of 6b, is frame advantage (-4) the same?

Yes. The frame data is actually showing what happens when you hit with the 2nd hit and it doesn't matter if the first hit happened since the blockstun of the 2nd hit is applied once it hits the opponent. It is similar to Lambda's 4B or Jin's 5B.