Sign in to follow this  
Spark

[CSE] Hakumen Q & A: New players check here first

learn to instant block so you always have meter :)

That's actually not always a good idea versus Valkenhayn, as when I IB, sometimes I go back into neutral and end up getting hit. :v: This is doubly true for his Storm Wolf DD. I try to save my IBs for when I need them for 6D or the like.

Not saying other people do this, but it has happened to me. Unless you have advice for IBing and "still" blocking afterwards with Haku.

@psycho...yeah, I'll do that. But, I don't exactly know Haku's oki that well, short of 6C maybe...

That's not true about Gurren bouncing them out, by the way.

At least if you do it off a throw; you can delay the Gurren just enough that it doesn't bounce them out. If you get them with one star in the corner, I'd either go for a throw combo (3.5k into knockdown) or just keep knocking them down and lock them down in there until you get more stars.

That's not true about Gurren bouncing them out, by the way.

At least if you do it off a throw; you can delay the Gurren just enough that it doesn't bounce them out. If you get them with one star in the corner, I'd either go for a throw combo (3.5k into knockdown) or just keep knocking them down and lock them down in there until you get more stars.

he ment off 3C. read back a little.

Well, you can actually do a no star combo off 3C... (in the corner)

You can do 3C > 2B > 5A > sj.A > j.B > j.2A > j.C if you wanted... but it's a very tight combo. It's probably better to just get ready for their wakeup.

Edited by mAc Chaos

Well, it's a 0 star combo and it doesn't end in knockdown. So you want to go into your knockdown combos as soon as you can.

don't use many magatama with low damage combos like c3 > 2b > gurren > 6c > shippu or throw > gurren > shippu

such combos eat your magatama for hardly 4k

depend on spacing , IB and zanshin til u have enough magatama

I'm quick to use Zantetsu>Renka in combos, and hardly ever use Shippu unless I'm sure I can get it out/unblockable or if I got Shippu off 2D.

Actually to tell the truth, I haven't got my D-starter combos down yet, except maybe j.D stuff and 5D>2B>Gurren (pseudo-link).

I'd like to learn a couple 2D and 6D combos specifically for 1, 2, or 3 Magatama, as that's what I usually have in any given situation (unless I've been hanging back a lot). I can do 6-8k with lots of Magatama otherwise (especially with 6C FC).

@blade: wah, how'd you get 6C FC in a match? I mean, who jumps in expecting to priority with 6C? I'm just curious.

Also, 2D and 6D 2 megatama combo is easy: just do 2D> 4(reverse direction walk)> 5C> 623AA> j.2C> 2C> j.2A>66> j.2A> j.C and 6D> 9> j.2C> 5C> etc., no? You can probably go no stars for the the D one by skipping 5C and the punch straight into 2C.

usually I don't do 1 magatama combos from D's, better off saving since after D you usually have both time and attack opportunity to store up for 2 or more. But if you really want, you can go 6D > gurren > 3C> 3C or kishuu > 3C > 2B> 5A > jump cancel combo, character specific, I think. For 2D, one combo could be 2D> 66/kishuu> 5A> jump combo.

j.D is ridiculously good, so I'm kind of sad you can't combo off it in CSII. j.D> 2C> j.2A> 66> j.2A> j.C or j.D> enma combo for ridiculous gain, damage and corner. It's also so easy to use compared to the ground D's that I don't quite get why there's so little use. Anyhow, not like it's staying anymore.

to be honest, I don't think you should be getting D's that early into the match anyways, and late in the match it's pretty hard to run out of magatama unless you're really crazy with the gimmicks. I pretty much never use zantetsu or tsubaki unless I'm going for lol no one expects zantetsu gimmicks; ren-zan mixup is too costly in my opinion so I don't use it and tsubaki is too telegraphed, even on hop to be useful. That's how I feel anyways.

Edited by Re4L14124c

@blade: wah, how'd you get 6C FC in a match? I mean, who jumps in expecting to priority with 6C? I'm just curious.

believe it or not that kinda thing does happen. Not alot of the time, and in fact you have to lead them into it, but when it does you can usually net 7k for only 2 stars. you just have to read you opponents habits to actually hit it...or just change your rhythm to throw them off(i.e. suddenly get aggressive then back off, i once hit a fatal 6C on a lambda that thought i was gonna air dash in so he went for the DP and ended up geting fatal'd)

edit: also blade, while using the 1 magatama per every 1000 damage rule is very beneficial to hakumen don't forget that using less stars for more damage is just as/if not better than using up your magatama, a good 4 star combo off renka is renka(1) > enma > j.2C > etc. try to remember that while more magatama in combos = more damage, it's alot better to try and go for those 2~4 star combos so you can hang back and still have 2 of your other options, besides good anti airs/pokes, open(tk/hop hotaru or tsubaki)

also shippu prorates horribly, unless you empty hit with 6C into shippu, it's just not as good as it used to be(in cs1 at least, from what i've heard shippu in mugen is guaranteed 4000 no matter what in cs2)

Edited by Ronin Jinobi

I've used 6C after 6A or 4C on occasions when they CH, if only to bait FC (since people are mashing normals to break out of stagger, it works), if they tech it without doing anything and block it, that's one less Guard Primer, anyway (unless they DP out, which I'm wary of). Also seems to work sometimes after 3C CH as oki. Not saying it's surefire or anything, I'm just saying these methods have worked for me. I'm usually agressive with Haku (probably my habits from using Ragna), so they expect me to swing around fast normals a lot. I don't use 6C mid-screen so often as I use it when they're cornered and expecting a 4C, 5C, or 2C. The main thing is, stagger (4C CH/6A)>6C works sometimes if they mash out wrong.

one of the few times i actually use 6c is after i get a counter hit j. 2c and i m to far away to connect with 5c. instead i just use 6c to get that extra reach

and if i happened to have 4 stars when this happens i think its worth it to just go into shippu after the 6c considering the very little proration

also i throw 6c out against tager sometimes :/

I just poke 4C tagers, lol.

I see the use for 6C, but 6C FC is just seems ridiculous in practicality; if it's the other guy mashing out, then i'm just trying to bait a risk, and I don't like playing that way, that's all. If it's for primers, I don't really see any point since Hakumen has so few other good primer breakers (that are worth it; using heat to break primers is stupid, and it's not like they're good for pressure unless in corner...rather, that's probably the wrong strategy there anyways; you want to use use for damage, not primers).

Stylistic difference, i guess.

That's actually not always a good idea versus Valkenhayn, as when I IB, sometimes I go back into neutral and end up getting hit. :v: This is doubly true for his Storm Wolf DD. I try to save my IBs for when I need them for 6D or the like.

Not saying other people do this, but it has happened to me. Unless you have advice for IBing and "still" blocking afterwards with Haku.

@psycho...yeah, I'll do that. But, I don't exactly know Haku's oki that well, short of 6C maybe...

So you're advice, is to not get +5 on guard and some much needed meter to boot?

:psyduck:

This guy understand the game on a level that we can't even fathom.

skye lets not do this here please.

also blade, conserve your starts. wasting meter to break primers is not a good thing unless they have 1 primer left, then just go: 2A>2A>quick 6C, theres your guard break. mix around with empty 6B and 6B>D cancels to keep them tame.

you'll break primers over time. do not rush it. but at the moment just concentrate on low star combos and conservation. also IBing helps alot with haku. for every IB his meter increases in small increments. you'll need it to try and not remain starless.

I wouldn't even try to go for breaking primers as Haku, personally. He's not really built for it unless the other guy bursted and has 2 left.

A better idea is to build up a decent wall of pressure/mixup and balance blowing meter vs. conservation. You'll net much more consistent damage that way.

I generally only use more normals to pressure, and my stars to combo, save for Hotaru.

One thing I noticed, some folks like to jump out and IAD backwards after 6A to escape pressure. Usually 3C catches jumpouts, but apparently not in this case. I'm not sure what to do in this case.

I can try IADing after them and hitting them with j.C but if they just sit there then I just gave them a full screen reset.

So you're advice, is to not get +5 on guard and some much needed meter to boot?

:psyduck:

This guy understand the game on a level that we can't even fathom.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying meter+frame advantage vs accidental damage if you go neutral is a choice you have to make. I'd choose the former in most situations like everyone else...but sometimes Valk's pressure is pretty big among other characters and you can make a mistake.

IB'ing on pad is a tricky thing. I don't know about stick.

Edited by Blade

I'm not saying that. I'm saying meter+frame advantage vs accidental damage if you go neutral is a choice you have to make. I'd choose the former in most situations like everyone else...but sometimes Valk's pressure is pretty big among other characters and you can make a mistake.

IB'ing on pad is a tricky thing. I don't know about stick.

I'm sorry Blade, I didn't mean to troll, but you see, unless the character can pressure/mix up with a tick command grab, there shouldn't be any downside to IBing anything, I'd rather go neutral than be trapped in blockstun. You never know.

Ease of IBing shouldn't be taken into account, really.

while I was doing a combo on bang , he did a barrier burst but accidentally I did 3c and the burst was voided

I am not sure if I was too far from the burst to hit me , or is it really possible to cut bursts even if u within its range ?

while I was doing a combo on bang , he did a barrier burst but accidentally I did 3c and the burst was voided

I am not sure if I was too far from the burst to hit me , or is it really possible to cut bursts even if u within its range ?

As long as your hit box isn't in the range of the burst you can cut it. If you're hit box is inside the burst, even if you cut properly, you'll still be blown away.

How do I combo j.Tsubaki into Falling j.2C?

I'm having trouble doing it during 5A> j.5A>j.5B>j.2C>j.Tsubaki>Falling j.2C>2C>j.C

Is it a matter of timing?

Edited by True Hero

That's not really a good combo to use in the first place, but to answer your question, but I can only see one problem with teching out before j.2C can connect and that's the height you are from the ground. If you are using Tsubaki too high in the combo they'll tech before you can hit them with j.2C.

There's better things you can do with 3 stars though.