Sign in to follow this  
Spark

[CSE] Hakumen Q & A: New players check here first

If you land a CH with 4C, it depends on the distance to your opponent. If the distance is not too big, you can 623A+A>jc>f.j.2C>and so on for example. But the 623A+A must be performed quickly. If the opponent was close enough (sometimes that can happen), you can follow up with 3C>2B>214A>66>5A>jc>j.A>j.B>jc>j.2A>j.C or 214B>5B>sjc>j.2A>f.j.2C>\/>2C>and so on (depending on the distance to the corner).

After 4c CH, you can:

- 3c x2

- Hop -> 3c x2

Distance dependent:

- Enma -> etc.

- Gurren -> enma -> etc. (preferably only for corner)

- 5c -> enma -> etc.

Imo, these are your best options. Just don't spend stars on 4c, it scales too much.

EDIT: Or Entnerv's option into staircase -> j.C. Didn't know about that one.

3C x 2 or 6C deal a good dmg., but 3C>2B>and so on are imo more efficient, to move the opponent into corner. But this option depends on the distance in which you CH`d the opponent with 4C.

Honestly, unless you are hurting for damage/have no meter, just hop twice into your opponent's face and play mix-up game. Pressure off stagger is very effective.

I must apologise, I have probably made a mistake with the 3C after 4C CH. I`ve tried 4C(CH)>3C>2B>214A>66>5A>and so on, but the j.A after 5A won`t connect. Maybe my opponent when I did this combo missed to tech out of it. And I thought the combo-counter was red. Sry for that one.

Honestly, unless you are hurting for damage/have no meter, just hop twice into your opponent's face and play mix-up game. Pressure off stagger is very effective.

This, especially against characters who like to zone such as lambda and rachel. when they take a CH 4C, that's my opportunity to safely close distance on them.

LOL, yeah, I noticed this yesterday too, fighting the new Ara for the first time. Maybe a glitch?

It's not that bad though, since all other C's make a void out of it.

so i was up last night and i was doing:

66xx214b(fatal)>66xx214c>2c(jc)>j.2a>j.2c>2c(jc)>j.2a>air dash>j.2a>throw>falling j.2c>j.214b>throw

i wanted to know if this is worth the stars? it does around 8200dmg on bang. i get a lot of fatal counters when i 66xx214b and i just came about this combo bs'in around last night. the combo starts with 6 stars and i pick up an extra one during combo to make the j.214b possible at the end.

so i was up last night and i was doing:

66xx214b(fatal)>66xx214c>2c(jc)>j.2a>j.2c>2c(jc)>j.2a>air dash>j.2a>throw>falling j.2c>j.214b>throw

i wanted to know if this is worth the stars? it does around 8200dmg on bang. i get a lot of fatal counters when i 66xx214b and i just came about this combo bs'in around last night. the combo starts with 6 stars and i pick up an extra one during combo to make the j.214b possible at the end.

Throws don't count as part of combos.

You can see the most efficient corner combos here. Be sure to check out the combo thread for more info.

If you're going for the kill just RC it and go for a 2C>loop combo (2C > Gurren/staircase if not in the corner). You can try 2B and hitconfirm into Gurren incase they don't tech, which rarely happens. It's basically the same as his backthrow, if you need the damage you RC

The oki's really nice. It's hard, but a well timed IAD tsubaki can beat out auto correct and still cross over.

Is there explanation somewhere how exactly Hakumen`s force fields work? Situations, matchups, duration and stuff?

Orb.......|800......|85%..............|89% // The Anti projectile orb that is created when a projectile is cut.

heres a few vids to help you understand visually:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDJVgK5yxFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmhK1zS7m7M

Only one I can think of off the top of my head is letting the other guy air tech in the corner -> hotaru, but that's more of a tech trap, really.

I'd like to know more about this one, too, since I don't really think Haku has any that aren't gimmicks.

only one i ever used was 623AA>j2C>2C>j2A>ad>j2C>land wait for tech TK hotaru into new jC loop. i had it work alot on ppl in ranked.

Not really sure where to put this, feel free to move or delete if it doesn't belong in the Q&A. I was wondering what some of his quotes in japanese were (spelled and translated). I speak 0 japanese but he sounds so much cooler in japanese, but idk what he is saying :(

There's quite a few resets I use in the corner, they involve either airgrab or hotaru.

1- You can use 2C instead of 5C > 3C to end your corner loop. It fakes people into thinking you don't know the basic corner loop and make them tech, then you either go for airgrab or hotaru. It's gimmicky and only effective online tho

2- Second one is basically my trademark online. When I do the kishuu-enma bnb leading near the corner, I jump back to land another j.C then I airdash as soon as I can into airgrab/hotaru depending on the heigth. It's amazing how many people think they can punish your airdash only to be hit by a FC hotaru in the face (leads to so much damage)

ex: 5C > Renka(1) > Enma > falling j.2C > 2C > j.2A > AD > j.2A > j.C > land > j.C > AD into techtrap

There's more but they revolve around the same ideas so I won't list them