Sign in to follow this  
Spark

[CSE] Hakumen Q & A: New players check here first

I'm not sure what you mean by compiling challenge mode stuff. Do you mean tips for doing them? Or a list of the challenge mode combos?

Both would be nice.

Random Question that came to mind.

Say a Tager player use Spark Bolt on Hakumen, and Hakumen successfully Yukikaze's it. Could Tager use 421B (Spark Bolt charge) invincibility frames to go through the attack unscathed?

Pretty sure that Tager's Volt Charge isn't invincible, but just counts as guarding. So it would be the same as if he blocked it.

Random Question that came to mind.

Say a Tager player use Spark Bolt on Hakumen, and Hakumen successfully Yukikaze's it. Could Tager use 421B (Spark Bolt charge) invincibility frames to go through the attack unscathed?

No.

Yukikaze is unblockable, spark bolt charge only blocks moves that are blockable.

Np.

Now you have to post performance vids so we can all witness how you play Haku. :kitty:

But...

I play like a spammy butthole

.-.

Oh well, mise as well try and really play haku now

Hakumen is like a 3rd Strike character trapped in BB, that's what endeared him to me right away. It's also the satisfaction I get from playing him; Tager is all about gimmicky bullshit, but Hakumen's so strategic, every move is carefully calculated. There's nothing more satisfying than a well timed drive counter. There's nothing more satisfying than frustrating your opponent with j. C, 4C etc, then baiting a rage DP or stupid mistake and punishing it for half their life. He doesn't hit often, but when he does, he hits like a truck; exactly how I like it.

Man, I should have made this switch ages ago. Ah well, better late than never.

Hakumen is like a 3rd Strike character trapped in BB, that's what endeared him to me right away. It's also the satisfaction I get from playing him; Tager is all about gimmicky bullshit, but Hakumen's so strategic, every move is carefully calculated. There's nothing more satisfying than a well timed drive counter. There's nothing more satisfying than frustrating your opponent with j. C, 4C etc, then baiting a rage DP or stupid mistake and punishing it for half their life. He doesn't hit often, but when he does, he hits like a truck; exactly how I like it.

Man, I should have made this switch ages ago. Ah well, better late than never.

Yup! That's why I love Hakumen, and why his CT incarnation is my favorite. But Hakumen is still great.

CS incarnation is the best incarnation, nothing you could do against arakune and pretty much anyone else that had several projectiles. But yea I agree with tofu, baiting moves and punishing for like half their life is great.

Anyways, let's not clog up this thread tofu, p.m me if you'll be going to t11 next year. I heard t.o has no hakumens, only tager.

I'm new to Hakumen. I seem to be picking everything up and at a steady pace. The biggest issue I'm having is getting out of the corner. It seems like i have nothing fast enough to get out, especially verse Makoto or Ragna. Help please?

You have to block. That's all you have. And judicious use of counters, poking, and Hotaru. But mostly blocking and waiting for the right time. There's no easy way out, just the old fashioned way.

I'm new to Hakumen. I seem to be picking everything up and at a steady pace. The biggest issue I'm having is getting out of the corner. It seems like i have nothing fast enough to get out, especially verse Makoto or Ragna. Help please?

Depends if youre online or not. Offline, I would suggest barrier block and/or ib'ing and when you see wholes either counter and combo them, ONLY if you're sure the counter will land. Best policy for offline play is just do as I said except instead of countering iad around them or super jump air dash to get out. Online play, due to lag, barrier block and when you see an opening super jump air dash around them.

Hakumen's air dash is like the best because it covers a lot of distance, utilize it.

We'll I play online(because the closest fighting game scene to me is 3 hours away) and I'm pretty bad at IBing. I guess I'll just have to go with barrier and hope i find an opening, and practivce IBing in the meantime.

Thanks for help.

We'll I play online(because the closest fighting game scene to me is 3 hours away) and I'm pretty bad at IBing. I guess I'll just have to go with barrier and hope i find an opening, and practivce IBing in the meantime.

Thanks for help.

Lol don't bother to try and ib online, but barrier blocking you have to realize pushes your opponent away giving you more room to move. You'll get used to it after a while.

IADing out of the corner never works for me; I just eat a DP that predicted the jump out or get frame trapped. Better to just sit tight and block / wait to poke out.

Give Haku back his CT 6a & 6b and we've got ourselves the greatest incarnation ever. :P

But...

I play like a spammy butthole

.-.

Oh well, mise as well try and really play haku now

I was actually speaking to Tofu, but you're welcome to post your own vids too. :P

Is there any Hakumen players willing to get online(XBL) right now that consider themselves above average that i can join a room with and watch play/play with and instant message at the same time to learn from? Kind of like an apprentice i guess... It would be greatly appreciated.

Give Haku back his CT 6a & 6b and we've got ourselves the greatest incarnation ever. :P

Most OP'ed incarnation is more like it lol

Is there any Hakumen players willing to get online(XBL) right now that consider themselves above average that i can join a room with and watch play/play with and instant message at the same time to learn from? Kind of like an apprentice i guess... It would be greatly appreciated.

P.M mAc, he's above average, and better than me at the mirror haku match up, but I think everyone who mains haku does the mirror match up better than me lol >_>

Block their block strings. Block low and wait for overheads.

If they seem to get predictable with their blockstring and you can instant block well, try for counters after IBing. It will set your opponent in the corner if you do 2D, J.D, or 5D. If you get them with 6D, just combo.

Countering is risky sometimes, wait it out and find times to either jump out, or punish them with a combo that can get you out. Jabs might help?

But if you want to play sht brainless and troll the game like I do, just press D repeaditly until you die.

Defense is the most important thing for Hakumen (and the entire cast in general), but it's arguably much more important on haku as IBing helps builds his meter that he's so dependent as well as avoiding damage (duh). Practice instant guarding and you can instant block -> counter if people go nuts on their offense without thinking. Since counters are always a risk, you can just IB near the end of their gatling where stuff is easier to punish and go for a jab and start a combo from there.

Most OP'ed incarnation is more like it lol

P.M mAc, he's above average, and better than me at the mirror haku match up, but I think everyone who mains haku does the mirror match up better than me lol >_>

I don't want to play the mirror match. I want to watch them play on XBL and be able to ask questions while stuff is happening so I can understand why they do what they do. I've watched countless videos, but it still seems like i'm not understanding the "mentality" of Hakumen players if you know what i mean.

I don't want to play the mirror match. I want to watch them play on XBL and be able to ask questions while stuff is happening so I can understand why they do what they do. I've watched countless videos, but it still seems like i'm not understanding the "mentality" of Hakumen players if you know what i mean.

Find a way to upload one or two matches of yourself, so that we can help, if not the more skilled hakumen on xbl that frequently post on dl is me and mac, so ask mac when he's available, I don't feel like playing online these days.

Find a way to upload one or two matches of yourself, so that we can help, if not the more skilled hakumen on xbl that frequently post on dl is me and mac, so ask mac when he's available, I don't feel like playing online these days.

I'll try. Don't expect great quality though.