Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Yayoi - General Discussion 2.0

This thread is for general discussion on anything related to Tsubaki. This includes storyline, combos, gameplay tactics, etc. The combo thread and the starter's guide will be locked to prevent clutter.

Her 5B is a nice poke man.

So is Ragna's, but I'm too tired to discuss that match-up now :gonk:

Edit: I lied :bad:

If I may qoute:

This is a pure footsies match up with a slight disadvantage on pretty much all moves. 2C is your friend.

Also, for the new Tsubaki FAQ, definitely put this:

What sort of character is Tsubaki?

(obviously I know she's rushdown, but needs charge to do significant damage)

Id love to see reset setups somewhere on that faq. I can't any and I think they are important for tsubaki's damage output.

With that in mind, is possible to set up a 22D reset off the bnb ground combo? It looks like it to me.

Counter Hit 236D into Unblockable 22D is a good reset.

5BB 2BB 5CC Unblockable 22D risky reset.

Grab into Unblockable 22D is good.

>_< I think these might be area specific

Recommended times to charge:

After midscreen Air BnB

Midscreen ground BnB/ or if done in corner do 2D

I'd try to go for Oki in corners, since you can't really charge.

Someone really needs to compile Tsubaki's frame data.

Anyone know which of Tsubaki's normals has the best frame advantage on regular block? Pretty sure it is 5B, but can't be too careful to ask.

5B at +1, 2A at 0, 2B at -1, 5A at -2, 6B at -5, 2C at -6.

These are usually unpunishable on block.

And 5B is awesome.

Someone really needs to compile Tsubaki's frame data.

Anyone know which of Tsubaki's normals has the best frame advantage on regular block? Pretty sure it is 5B, but can't be too careful to ask.

I remember there being a Hitbox archive somewhere around here.

This thread is for general discussion on anything related to Tsubaki. This includes storyline, combos, gameplay tactics, etc. The combo thread and the starter's guide will be locked to prevent clutter.

FYI, You forgot to put a "Tsubaki vs. Mu-12" Thread in the Match-Ups section. Pretty safe to say one is required. I'll let you post it, since you did everyone else's :keke:

I wish it was as good as Ragna's otherwise I wouldnt lose to Tagers for free...

Gimmicks I want to try:

TK 236b. See if it will connect on crouchers. See where it will cross up or not cross up if so. See if you can do a cross up SJ TK 236b and get a correctly faced dive off it. TK 236b->RC->??.

TK 236c. Already seen we can use it to combo after sweeps. Good throw setup off a JCable move every now and then, especially if tk 236b ends up feeling legit.

CH 214a/b/c. What can you do if you hit with this. Thinking about jumping and then doing a slightly delayed dive to fake a tk 236b/c.

Getting secondary normals as combo starters. Only one that has potential off the top of my head is something like a properly spaced 5b->5c(whiff)c(hits) since 5cc seems to have a decently better reach than 5c. If I'm remembering things completely wrong and you can't cancel into the secondary normal on whiff let me know lol.

I remember there being a Hitbox archive somewhere around here.

It's in the video thread. Here let me get it...

EDIT: Here be the hitbox vid for anyone looking for it.

Tsubaki Hitbox Video

Getting secondary normals as combo starters. Only one that has potential off the top of my head is something like a properly spaced 5b->5c(whiff)c(hits) since 5cc seems to have a decently better reach than 5c. If I'm remembering things completely wrong and you can't cancel into the secondary normal on whiff let me know lol.

Any of her follow-up normals can be done on whiff, so something like that is possible, but I don't know to what extent.

Should work for any gatling in a combo so long as the opponent is in range, like doing 2CC > 5C(whiff)C(hit) off a launch/relaunch.

And there's gotta be a more efficient way to type out the whole whiff one hit thing :psyduck:

I feel like I'm missing something that's fighting games 101 here but I'll ask the question anyway. What makes tsubaki a rushdown character? It doesn't seem she really has any pressure strategies or tools and she has to Charge anyway.

I feel like I'm missing something that's fighting games 101 here but I'll ask the question anyway. What makes tsubaki a rushdown character? It doesn't seem she really has any pressure strategies or tools and she has to Charge anyway.
She gets all her damage up close, has decent mix ups, decent pokes, has nice gatlings, and is very mobile. She does have pressure strategies in charge cancels (though this is rather gimmicky and easily seen through), mixups, and the obvious tick throws. Obviously charging ruins her pressure, and she doesn't do much damage either, but that's why she's low tier. She's basically designed for rush down, but has flaws that make her inferior to someone like Ragna.

She gets all her damage up close, has decent mix ups, decent pokes, has nice gatlings, and is very mobile. She does have pressure strategies in charge cancels (though this is rather gimmicky and easily seen through), mixups, and the obvious tick throws. Obviously charging ruins her pressure, and she doesn't do much damage either, but that's why she's low tier. She's basically designed for rush down, but has flaws that make her inferior to someone like Ragna.

Tsubaki's damage is fine, and on par with the rest of the cast. Note that just because a character gets their damage up close does not necessarily mean they're rushdown-style characters. Keep in mind, also, that Ragna does not have the pressure game that Tsubaki does.

And god forbid that a character needs to use their drive to deal big damage. It's not like any other character in Blazblue has to use their drive in any meaningful way to bring their damage up.

And god forbid that a character needs to use their drive to deal big damage. It's not like any other character in Blazblue has to use their drive in any meaningful way to bring their damage up.

I need an example of this play style. I havent seen any videos that dont charge after a successful combo.

Tsubaki's damage is fine, and on par with the rest of the cast

No. She can't go over 2k without meter, while Bang and Ragna pull at least 3k per combo with ease.

Note that just because a character gets their damage up close does not necessarily mean they're rushdown-style characters

True, but Tsubaki can't do any damage from long range, has moves with the purpose of getting closer to her opponent like 236D, and gets her damage most easily through mix ups, resets, and other forms of close up pressure. That sounds like rushdown to me.

Keep in mind, also, that Ragna does not have the pressure game that Tsubaki does.

Ragna has amazing pokes that will lead into pressure and mix up one way or another at a close enough range, and his mix ups are better than Tsubaki's. Then there's the amount of pressure tools he has at his disposal like 6D and 214D. He also rewards much more than Tsubaki with correct guesses since his combos are always 3-4k, with great heat gain and oki at the same time, without even any meter either. Even if you still believe Tsubaki's pressure is better, it's a fact that Ragna gets his damage easier, as well with more rewards.

And god forbid that a character needs to use their drive to deal big damage.

Are you seriously saying that for a character like Tsubaki? She does less than 2k without charging, which is what her drive is used for. Without charging, she'd be worse than Rachel. If you're gonna use resets for more damage, her resets are limited since she has ONE overhead, and a pretty easy one to block at that. Even if you guess correctly, you still won't be doing much damage because again, no damage without meter. Tick throws are out of the question too with how easy they are to tech in this game.

It's not like any other character in Blazblue has to use their drive in any meaningful way to bring their damage up.

This statement is just ignorant. Jin needs his drive to do combos that hurt, and it's useful for pokes, pressure, and much more. Tager needs his drive to do his combos as well, and magnetism is a huge part of his game. Rachel is even more garbage than she is now without her drive. I could go on with every character in the game, but you get the point.