Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Yayoi - General Discussion 2.0

I don't think the charging is her main problem, because even if she had infinite charge she still wouldnt break A-tier tbh. so fixing it wouldn't do much. they should fix the proration on non D specials when used more than once in a combo, make all of her air moves hit high, and buff a few of her normals with either more blockstun and/or range.

22D, whether charged or not, only knocks the opponent back (no wallbounce). From midscreen, you can combo with 236D. From the corner, you can just use normals..

NO THEY NERFED MY TROLL COMBO!

Question. Would I be asking for too much to make Tsubaki's 236236C/D a reversal with Invincibility Frames? I know it sort of does, but 1 frame isn't a whole lot.

I'm fairly sure 236236D is invincible until it hits. But without stocks it does less damage than the C version, and with stocks you (may have) just wasted them.

I believe 236236D has 1 frame of invincibility. While 236236C has none. The reason why I should 236236D is technically a reversal is because I didn't want anyone going "DUR 236236D IS A REVERSAL IT HAS INVINCIBILITY NooB!"

Hm, I've never been knocked out of 236236D (can't say the same for 236236C) and I have used it like a reversal more than a few times.

Frame data says it's invincible from frame 1 until 2 frames after the super flash (so 7 total, including 2 where it does damage).

Maybe I'm just lucky.

Pretty sure it's invincible till it connects pretty much. C is for damage (lolol), D is for reversal or ending some ridiculous 4-5 charge install combo.

from a jp blog

ツバキ 5BB>5CC>D風>D閃>5BB>エリアル>D翼>6C>槍翼 3500程度

can someone translate? I assume it's not optimized but I see 3 D moves for like 3500 damage...

from a jp blog

ツバキ 5BB>5CC>D風>D閃>5BB>エリアル>D翼>6C>槍翼 3500程度

can someone translate? I assume it's not optimized but I see 3 D moves for like 3500 damage...

judging by the positioning and move changes, they are most probably 22D, then 236D, and some other (can't tell what goes before it, so i can't tell what it is).

That bluebeats in CS. But in the case it bluebeated in CS you'd have done 3K by the 6C so I dunno if this is an improvement or not :psyduck:

With what we know, it's a downgrade in some ways. Optimal damage off one charge right now is 3.4k, and that took three. Of course, a combo off 5BB>5CC would normally only net you 3k, so that is 500 more. But under our current "rules," that's expensive as hell. for that 500 more.

That bluebeats in CS. But in the case it bluebeated in CS you'd have done 3K by the 6C so I dunno if this is an improvement or not :psyduck:

it does bluebeat in CS, it comboes in loktests so far though, only way to combo off 22D mid-screen now according to the comments from loktest i've read.

5BB, 5CC, 22D, 236D, 5BB, some jump, j.214D, 6C, 236236C?

I think it's from this blog, who makes a habit of putting "Aerial" in katakana when something launches. I've only rarely seen 槍翼 as shorthand for her super, but someone said in the patch thread it takes 50% super as well as 3 stocks, and what else connects during 6C?

More damage than she can currently do off 5B mid-screen. But it’s also a lot more expensive than her current 3k combo...

You know, I figured that even if they added some nerfs to the buffs, they couldn't actually make her worse. This is worrying though. Unless we pretty much just play the game with 5 charges at all times.