Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Yayoi - General Discussion 2.0

Looks like they improved all versions of her j.214 moves. No wallbounce on 22d makes me sad though.

Slightly off topic, but I thought you guys might enjoy these screenshots from ffxiv open beta:

1 2 3 4 5 6

I saw a Noel Vermilion earlier but forgot to take a pic.

They need to increase the range of 5BB [2nd B]

im honestly tired of seeing it wiff so damn close

I agree. I don't see why the hell the followup normal should whiff at certain ranges.

Maybe Tsubaki has terrible depth perception when she isn't blind :v:

But in all seriousness it is pretty terrible seeing it whiff when it should probably hit.

They need to increase the range of 5BB [2nd B]

Make 5C longer too plz.

"Hey I hit the opponent! Time to go into a combo-

*5C miss*

FFFFFF- :vbang:"

didn't see this posted yet

http://amiamimelon.blog105.fc2.com/blog-category-12.html

blog post on tsubaki BBCS2

Don't spose anyone can translate this? I googled it but it was pretty hard to make out. Although from what I did make out it said they felt the overall changes were extremely positive and the nerfs felt very minor in comparison.

This probably doesn't need to be posted but I took my Tsubaki to her (and my) first tourney last night and managed to snag fifth place out of 15 players. Lost to a Ragna (who went on to take 1st) and a Tager who seemed to have the answer for everthing. However I did manage to knock a bang and litchi player into the losers bracket along with some others. The tips you guys gave me in the critique thread helped out a lot and I was able to work in some good tick throws, mix ups, and even some halfway decent resets. A lot of people were leery when they saw me pick her but tsubaki love was pretty high by the end of the night. So thanks to all of you for taking the time to critique my tsubaki, it has helped immensly.

This probably doesn't need to be posted but I took my Tsubaki to her (and my) first tourney last night and managed to snag fifth place out of 15 players. Lost to a Ragna (who went on to take 1st) and a Tager who seemed to have the answer for everthing. However I did manage to knock a bang and litchi player into the losers bracket along with some others. The tips you guys gave me in the critique thread helped out a lot and I was able to work in some good tick throws, mix ups, and even some halfway decent resets. A lot of people were leery when they saw me pick her but tsubaki love was pretty high by the end of the night. So thanks to all of you for taking the time to critique my tsubaki, it has helped immensly.

Where was this tourney at? I live in the Toledo area too, but haven't looked around for a scene.

Grats and good to hear. Tager is a real pain in the ass if they just don't respect you at all lol.

9. Why is it when I try to do a sj.C, I always get some stupid special to come out instead?

Take it easy on the inputs, and make sure you're not hitting the rotational inputs. Those extra diagonals can cause you to do a tiger-kneed special instead. Also, most of Tsubaki's super jump combos can be done with a 28 input instead of a 29.

One thing about this. I find it alot easier if you input 19 instead of 29. :)

Yea, do whatever works for you in terms of inputs. Do whatever it takes, this also includes plinking in SF4/SSF4 lol.

Did the recent valkenhyne patch do something to Tsubaki's 2A?

I don't ever remember it being that far

Could be because of me not playing for the past 2 weeks to forget such a useless thing

please enlighten me

So I'm switching from maining Ragna to Tsubaki now that I'm seriously learning my stick, but I'm wondering with all the craziness of the loketests going on should I even bother learning her higher level combos? I figure the basic stuff like 236A/214A/22C and other basic BnBs will be fine, along with any of Tsubaki's general playstyle, I'm just worried that suddenly after the loketest I'm going to be playing a totally different character.

Also, while I'm reading the forums, any tips would be helpful on switching to Tsubaki/learning on a stick.

So I'm switching from maining Ragna to Tsubaki now that I'm seriously learning my stick, but I'm wondering with all the craziness of the loketests going on should I even bother learning her higher level combos? I figure the basic stuff like 236A/214A/22C and other basic BnBs will be fine, along with any of Tsubaki's general playstyle, I'm just worried that suddenly after the loketest I'm going to be playing a totally different character.

Also, while I'm reading the forums, any tips would be helpful on switching to Tsubaki/learning on a stick.

Loketests aren't final, so I wouldn't worry about that yet.

And you need to know Tsubaki's charge combos to have a prayer at winning, most of the time. The only exception is against characters that you can't really charge much against, like Lambda.

well, right now the only combos I have down are pretty similar,

22D > 6C jc j.BB jc j.CC j.214C

and

5B+C > 22D > 6C jc j.BB jc j.CC j.236A j.214D

both of which do around 3k damage. I'm still having trouble getting down the basic 236A 214A 22C link, but I'm working on it. Clearly I need to look over the combo thread more, but hopefully I'll get better once I'm used to this stick. Speaking of which, I'm having trouble seating the 1 motion. I'm wondering if it's just my stick or if that's just a naturally harder motion.