Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Yayoi - General Discussion 2.0

The 236A>214A>22C link is not that hard you just have to do it during the animation of the previous one

like 236A once it starts up im already putting in 214A and then during that 22C

Could've sworn it just touched 3.05k. Regardless, thanks for the help on the combos. Like I said, used to main Rags and so I think some of those habits are carrying over. You know, like having a godly DP...

One last problem I'm having is just learning when to charge. I can always rapid after something like 22C or j.214D and get an easy bar but I'm not sure it's worth 50 heat. The CPU of course is terrible for teaching you when you can charge during idle positioning; half the time they IAD away from me when I start charging.

Don't waste meter on charge when it should be used for CAs or a quick DD to finish off someone. The whole purpose of the 22C untechable time is for you to charge, you can always get at least 1 bar after a BnB. Squeezing in charging comes naturally after playing long enough.

Have a feeling it's going to be pretty rough for Tsubaki. His 5b and 5c outpoke her I'm pretty sure. He does way more average damage and has hella good mixup. Your best bet is going to be rushing his ass down like no tomorrow because he has no wakeup options before 50 meter. Guard crushing him is pretty viable though with very quick j.236c off JCable moves and 22c in blockstrings.

Yea, I went against someone who had him with Tsubaki (before he was released in the states) and it wasn't fun but in a way it was fun because I was going against Valkenhayn. :D You know, that kind of conflicted feeling? Anyway, when he gets 50 meter he's definitely dangerous and if they know even just a bit of what can link together he does really good damage without meter. He was able to beat a couple of my moves with his normal moves but I can't really describe them because I haven't really been paying attention to Valkenhayn. I blame school really kicking my ass this semester.

Seriously though, I only won because they didn't know what they were doing :psyduck:

Hmm ok so I've got a question, I don't know how simple it is and I don't play tsubaki so if no one can help thats fine, but when I'm fighting my friends tsubaki and he gets me in the corner doing this classic bnb I see every tsubaki use where the finish it with 22A/B/orC I don't know for sure which, then while my character is getting up because I can't tech, he hits me with 22D fully charged unblockable. Is there any way around this besides bursting? Sorry if it's a dumb question, it just really confuses me.

Jump or poke your way out of the 22D. Of course, it'll be tough if your friend actually knows the timing for 22D and fully charges it as soon as you get on your feet. There's nothing else I can say other than avoid getting put into the corner.

Loketest stuffs:

Tsubaki

- Tsubaki grab no longer followable by 6C or 214D

- Tsubaki charge puts her in CH-able state

- Tsubaki j236A faster, knocks upwards, actually usuable in combos

First one really bothers me if 22D doesn't wallbounce, since that'd probably also eliminate the 214B followup. Lol Arcsys, "2K OFF A GRAB? NERF THAT ****"

Charge putting you in a CH state is just rage, since it makes charging tons riskier -- not that charging isn't risky to begin with, or anything. If the charge fixes are still there, not /too/ bad. Still a nerf, though.

I'm still not sure what the last one means, since j.236A is aircombo fodder already. Maybe TK j.236A is usable in ground combos?

j236a is useless and was never used in combos, or anywhere really.

lt's likely an overhead launcher now by my guess.

j236a - (5b) - 2cc - jc - djcc - j236a - j214c

I was upset at first when I read those changes (the nerfs mostly) last night, but then I remembered it's a loctest so I'm okay. Just gonna take it all in stride. ¦3

My bad. It's 93 extra damage. So useful.

So instead of doing that 93 damage, let's just not do it so we can say it's useless?

l meant j.214a. Sorry, SORRY everyone! Typo.

But yeah, j.236a is still useless outside of combos.

And now that l realized my mistake, the combo l posted is also as useless. lf anything, j236a launching higher = no j214c = no more air enders unless they buff j214x hitbox.

l meant j.214a. Sorry, SORRY everyone! Typo.

But yeah, j.236a is still useless outside of combos.

And now that l realized my mistake, the combo l posted is also as useless. lf anything, j236a launching higher = no j214c = no more air enders unless they buff j214x hitbox.

j.214x gets used as a risky approach, and it's alright for getting out of j.D. No variation is more useful, really, since the main difference when they're used like that is distance.

Exception is j.214D, which is ungodly useful.

So, can we still say "Oh, it'll get better in the next loketest" even though the second loketest still brought some unpleasantly bad news?

But pessimism aside, give yourself a pat in the back if you've made it this far and still thinking on keeping Chewy as a main/sub after the patch. I remember back in CT when she was top tier...she was so top tier she wasn't even playable.

Hmm ok so I've got a question, I don't know how simple it is and I don't play tsubaki so if no one can help thats fine, but when I'm fighting my friends tsubaki and he gets me in the corner doing this classic bnb I see every tsubaki use where the finish it with 22A/B/orC I don't know for sure which, then while my character is getting up because I can't tech, he hits me with 22D fully charged unblockable. Is there any way around this besides bursting? Sorry if it's a dumb question, it just really confuses me.

Aw, man, if I had known you'd fall for that every time....

Shoulda stuck to Ragna to wakeup-dp out of it.

Sol would never play Hazama. ;)

Here's another goofy Tsubaki vs Jin/Hazama glitch - most prevalent with Hazama's Oroborous.

Use 2C to defend against Oroborous magnet. Sometimes (most of the time with the close magnet) the 2C will count as an on-ground counterhit against Hazama and leave him invincible to any follow up. 2CC, Dragon Punch, 5B... whatever, he's totally invincible in counter-hit crumple....?

Happens the most against Hazama because of the Oroborous magnet, but it also happens against Mu/Nu/Jin.

Also - rarely because it's silly to try this - trying to guard point Oroborous with 22B will result in 22B going right through Hazama with no effect.