Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Yayoi - General Discussion 2.0

I just saw this in the first post of loketest thread: * D [wind? wings?] corner bounces.

I was wondering what this means. Sorry, if someone explained this earlier or in the other thread itself. I kinda got behind after the pages hit 120+ and then didn't check it for an entire day :psyduck:

D DD is mostly a wake up thing at low charges imo. Wakeup is where A DP ends up trading all day thanks to meatys. It's also kind of nice against gadget finger iirc. I believe it hits him out of A Sledge where DP would get you hit for 4k+. Either way it was extremely situational but still something that had some use that we lost. Now it will literally never be used unless you have 100 meter against Tager and land a mugen starter. j.236d is already relegated to combo filler for like 1 combo, not sure why they turned D DD into it also.

Using any sort of projectile attack against Tager on wake up whether it be DP or DD is way too risky of a business from my experience, sledge or 6A and you're in a world of pain either way. I find you just need to think after gadget and choose your options wisely, another reason why Tager vs Tsubaki match up is so... ass. DP against C spam happy Hakumen will often end up with you providing him a nice void zone for free getting knocked away as well. Ton of situational things of this nature are abound and will be the same when the patch hits, albeit different.

Hopefully we'll be able to use different tools to fills the gaps for the ones we lost but if not, we're just simply going to have to bite the bullet, block and out-yomi our opponents.

I just saw this in the first post of loketest thread: * D [wind? wings?] corner bounces.

I was wondering what this means. Sorry, if someone explained this earlier or in the other thread itself. I kinda got behind after the pages hit 120+ and then didn't check it for an entire day :psyduck:

I think when they say D-Wings(tsubasa) they're talking about j214D and how it slides mid screen but when you connect it near the corner, it bounces them off the wall.

I'm guessing what that means but I'm not certain myself.

I know this is late, but I was away from the 'net/Blazblue for awhile. Thanks for the advice regarding 22x, especially the bit about removing 214x from the combo and ESPECIALLY ESPECIALLY this:

What I do, and it seems to work, though I think I have slow hands is basically, I input all the motions in one smooth stream. There's very little 'visual feedback' - I definitely DO NOT wait for the 214 to come out before I start inputting the 22x. Sometimes I end up doing it a little too fast and the 214x gets skipped and I go straight from the 236 to the 22, but as mentioned, that's not really a huge crisis.

Maybe that is helpful, maybe it is not.

I'm going to try it. I too get the sense that something about the animation is throwing me off, and that I should just ignore it. I need to get more used to using 22x effectively in general. I think I got discouraged not being able to combo it right and never got used to utilizing it, which puts a huge hole in my game.

I'll letcha all know how my 80's training montage goes. :)

I think when they say D-Wings(tsubasa) they're talking about j214D and how it slides mid screen but when you connect it near the corner, it bounces them off the wall.

I'm guessing what that means but I'm not certain myself.

No, I'm pretty sure what they're talking about is this section from the "system changes":

* New mechanic: Corner Bound. Red effect appears when they hit the corner, they fall down like they got hit with a knockdown. Most interesting property is the untechable time buff, most of the moves that corner bounce are untechable in air.

So...yeah. Some weird new thing. -_-

Edit: Erm, also, I notice that there isn't actually anything IN the compiled thread about Tsubaki's super losing invulnerability.

I hate to give you guys bad news, but if Tsubaki still ends up being terrible to play competitively/seriously, I may just go back to my CT main - Jin. :/

I hate to give you guys bad news, but if Tsubaki still ends up being terrible to play competitively/seriously, I may just go back to my CT main - Jin. :/

I'm actually surprised you stayed this long. Spirit juice and co. left rachel the moment CS came around. I really can't blame you either. I'd be a hypocrite if I did (Lol I'm switching her for plat). Online play is my only way of competition, and even then I get frustrated with her so I can imagine it being worse at the competitive level.

Sad to see you go though, assuming she's still bad in CS2 and you switch.

nah tsubaki is one of the most fun chars in the game. ln fact only her inability to be competitive is whats keeping me from subbing her.

As long as she stays fun l'll play her. l'd actually prefer she stay low so no one cries that their bloody asses is because she's high/top.

Oh come on, I know you're all wishing (on the inside... quietly) for Tsubaki to turn into SSS-Tier killing machine so you can show all those horrible people what it felt like before!

Oh come on, I know you're all wishing (on the inside... quietly) for Tsubaki to turn into SSS-Tier killing machine so you can show all those horrible people what it felt like before!

Sounds boring.

I like making people think twice about tiers and match ups when I utterly crush them with characters that are supposed to suck.

As tempest said though, all of this is irrelevant as long as she's fun to play and based on the changes they're making to the system + Tsubaki herself so far, I think she'll be even more fun to play than before.

Tsubaki needs to stay where she is. lt's safe to say that she fits very snug in the lower tiers. She dosen't even look like the 'gdlk stier' type.

When chars become top they get stupid and boring like... litchi, whom l dropped because she was more fun in CT Think how annoying tsu will be to use then.

Speaking of that l wonder if her blockstrings are better due to ib nerfs now. No more ib dp???

Tsubaki:

+☆CAのモーションが風になり、すごい吹っ飛ばすように (CA Motion changed)

+ Her CA motion was changed to "Wind" (Wasn't that 22A/B/C/D?)

Hum, maybe we can combo off of her CA or at the very least, get a knock away to get some breathing room/charge~

Nice change =D.

Tsubaki:

+☆CAのモーションが風になり、すごい吹っ飛ばすように (CA Motion changed)

+ Her CA motion was changed to "Wind" (Wasn't that 22A/B/C/D?)

Hum, maybe we can combo off of her CA or at the very least, get a knock away to get some breathing room/charge~

Nice change =D.

Wow.

Sounds like we have a ridiculous CA now.

Just a different look, though it may wallbounce on CH like her other 22x moves.

Wouldn't that give our CA lots more range, at the very least?

That change sounds really interesting. Wonder how it'll work out.

ln fact only her inability to be competitive is whats keeping me from subbing her.

I'd use her competitively. Definately. She and Rachel are the only two characters I really like and I will show people some low tier powa!

l'd actually prefer she stay low so no one cries that their bloody asses is because she's high/top.

This.

We wouldn't want more dudes saying 'oh but I used Tsubaki before'. Tier whores I swear...

Wouldn't that give our CA lots more range, at the very least?

More range and a lot more knock back time so we can get some charge in is what I reckon. The wall bounce would be pimp though for free 5B-> air combo follow up but I'm not holding my breath.

Try our CA now and see how quickly they tech and recover >_<;;

We wouldn't want more dudes saying 'oh but I used Tsubaki before'. Tier whores I swear...

There are dudes saying that in the first place? o_O

There are dudes saying that in the first place? o_O

I know right? I've heard more people say "lol she's blind" *insert terrible blind and gameplay joke here* than that :vbang:

Tsubaki is a fun character to play and I'll keep maining her come hell or high water. I honestly don't care what tier she's in. That CA change sounds really interesting. Can't wait to see how it works out in CSII.

Ehhh tiers kinda matter if the game is really imbalanced and you play in a highly competitive offline environment haha. :D

That being said, I like her DA/CA change, that actually helps a lot.

this game is veeery unbalanced. not saying this from salty feelings though; but it's pretty obvious.

l'm the ONLY tsubaki player when l go to offline events, and she's hardly my sub. no one wants to waste their time. 'specially with ragna doing everything better.

a room full of litchi's and ragna. its silly

Ehhh tiers kinda matter if the game is really imbalanced and you play in a highly competitive offline environment haha. :D

this game is veeery unbalanced. not saying this from salty feelings though; but it's pretty obvious.

l'm the ONLY tsubaki player when l go to offline events, and she's hardly my sub. no one wants to waste their time. 'specially with ragna doing everything better.

I play her at offline events all the time, just never in tournament. Any wins I get with her are usually because people just aren't used to her gimmicks, and best 2/3 games is too much time. Generally people will start adjusting by then, and I'm not solid enough with her. That, or I'll run into a Hazama. Fuck that matchup.

It's not until I got to a certain level and started playing against good people that this became apparent to me.

Still, that's why the patch is coming isn't it?

Also, Ginseng, you'll be happy to know that K-onBro(a.k.a Dacid-bro) will become a Tsubaki main.

Just as soon as I beat him in this FT500 pink tech throw battle.

Meh, I think you guys sleep on Tsubaki a bit too much. Even atm. Doesn't really matter much anymore since the patch is coming, but I firmly believe she can win a tourney in the US.