Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CS1-CSE] Litchi General Discussion

I didn't realize there wasn't a thread where posts that I would normally facepalm reading would go. Try to keep discussion not too retarded :psyduck:. I'll post random updates to sticky threads/subforums here.

I just cleaned up the matchup forums to get ready for next week.

Boob is ok but the hair whoamg and china dress wow wow

snip

Can you clear up what you mean a little bit? Your post was a little bit unclear, but if you're talking about CS pressure, Litchi gained a lot of new options. You should definitely memorize her gatlings. The BE6B feint is actually a bit weak unless you're doing some sort of mixup with Daisharin/Kokushi (or at least everyone I play grabs me out of it :|). Just like Ragna you need to randomly rotate through good options. For example if you catch them blocking, 5b[m] > 5c[m](2) gives you a pretty wide arrange of followups. You can use itsuucan, 3C[m](low), 4D[m](high), 5D, 6D, or just nothing at all. Going into itsuu stance and cancelling into itsuuC is all right occasionally (I think people are still used to CT Litchi), but I wouldn't rely on it too heavily.

I will say given the range of her normals, and the way you do pressure with her, rushdown is a bit weaker midscreen than in the corner. 6B is only jump cancellable on block staffless btw.

Try to keep discussion not too retarded :psyduck:

So like

I main litchi because she has a lot of boob

what about you guys, do you like boob

No.

You don't like boob?

So whats everyone think about the litchi tier whores that'll be popping up, and the general disgust people seem to have of her. :psyduck:

/facepalm. Poor LK.

Litchi's top tierness requires a lot of time and skill to play. Most will stick to Ragna/Jin

Also I main her because she is my stripper. And when Makoto comes out, she will be my hooker. Which makes me a pimp daddy as far as I can tell.

This whole thread is just going to be a gigantic Boob fest... what were you thinking LK?!??!!111

Her damage output is a lot higher this time around for no effort, and we have "useable" overheads. The execution of combos seems a bit easier for me as well than CT. The only thing we lost was Tsubami combos without CH. I think most of us will be spitting out top tier junk in a week.

Which overheads do you mean, specifically? Are you talking about 6B (with or without staff)?

Do you know any good combo strings that give us options for mixup?

This whole thread is just going to be a gigantic Boob fest... what were you thinking LK?!??!!111

Her damage output is a lot higher this time around for no effort, and we have "useable" overheads. The execution of combos seems a bit easier for me as well than CT. The only thing we lost was Tsubami combos without CH. I think most of us will be spitting out top tier junk in a week.

Seriously she can combo off tsbuame without CH, people really need to stop saying that.

Which overheads do you mean, specifically? Are you talking about 6B (with or without staff)?

6A, 4D with staff

iSadClown, the hits don't matter. It's what you start with. Try not to start with 2AAA for example, because the proration will be too low by the time you get to ippatsu.

How exactly does the barrier return thing work? Am I supposed to be hitting barrier at a specific instance, holding it for a while, just pressing it at some point during the staff's flight? Also wondering how it actually shortens the flight time. My guess is it has to do with Litchi's hitbox while using barrier vs. not, some like using barrier makes her hitbox larger and causes the staff to "hit" her quicker and return, which would also imply I'd have to be holding barrier as the staff was just about to return to Litchi to actually get it back quicker.

At first I figured he'd learned from CT and made this thread entirely to soak up much of the retarded so that he could just ignore it... but then he started replying again.

My guess is it has to do with Litchi's hitbox while using barrier vs. not, some like using barrier makes her hitbox larger and causes the staff to "hit" her quicker and return, which would also imply I'd have to be holding barrier as the staff was just about to return to Litchi to actually get it back quicker.

Could have to do with the property of the staff no longer hitting people if Litchi herself is hit or is blocking. When that happens, it stops whatever it's doing to return to Litchi.

Question for Litchi players, what exactly am I able to punish of Litchi's (in regard to blockstrings)? Whenever I fight her it seems that if I get under pressure, I'm blocking for 10-20+ seconds until I fail to block a mixup or get guard crushed. I once had a Litchi use a blockstring that carried me from midscreen to the corner. Is there anything I can do to punish her or am I forced to take her S-Tier boobiness?

WHY IS IT THAT THE TIMING FOR LITCHI COMBOS ONLINE IS RETARDED COMPARE TO HER OFFLINE. EVERYTIME I DO A COMBO ENDING WITH J.B>dj.C>falling C>land>2C>6C>236C>3C after the chun -236C-, the timing is retarded online and sometimes comes out .5 second late.

WHY IS IT THAT THE TIMING FOR LITCHI COMBOS ONLINE IS RETARDED COMPARE TO HER OFFLINE. EVERYTIME I DO A COMBO ENDING WITH J.B>dj.C>falling C>land>2C>6C>236C>3C after the chun -236C-, the timing is retarded online and sometimes comes out .5 second late.

It's the game's way of telling you to go out to a local tournament instead of being a couch warrior.