Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CS1-CSE] Litchi General Discussion

Try the safest options first. Itsuu, back step, back IAD.

Then, see their reaction in the first round and then try to punish them accordingly.

Be careful tho, some characters can punish Itsuu quite harshly, like Hazama with 3C and Ragna with 6C. Attacking in the beginning of the round is ALWAYS a risk as you'll never know how the opponent may react. And if you choose Itsuu, always go for Itsuu C, even against aerials, it's easy to follow-up and its more certain to hit.

i found if the opponent trys to cross you up and they end up behind u wile you are still the the itsuu pose, doing the a version will not only hit them but bring them in front of you as well, allowing you to 6kote haku hatsu ect ect

i found if the opponent trys to cross you up and they end up behind u wile you are still the the itsuu pose, doing the a version will not only hit them but bring them in front of you as well, allowing you to 6kote haku hatsu ect ect

That's quite obvious.

Anyway, Itsuu C also hits behind Litchi.

Too bad you can't combo off of Itsuu B in EX as easily anymore from behind.

Edited by Chun

Too bad you can't combo off of Itsuu B in EX as easily anymore from behind.

yes D: i tend to go for momentum instead if its not for the kill ofc

What do you guys do off of an anti-air or otherwise suboptimal Itsuu B hit?

Now it all depends on the distance between the opponent and the corner.

If you need a full-screen combo, I usually go for "Itsuu B > 6C(1) > Kote > Hatsu > Riichi > Ippatsu > *delay* Tanki Hatsu > 66 5C (you need to push the opponent a bit using Litchi's body) > 5D > Chun > 5D 2nd hit > TK Chun > 2C[m] > stuff...

If you need a midscreen combo: "Itsuu B > 6C(1) > Kote > (3C) > Haku > Hatsu > Riichi > Ippatsu > Tanki Hatsu > 66 Hatsu > Haku > Chun > 5B > 6C(1)> Kote > Aerial

Now, if you hit small opponents while crouching... that's a problem :)

My problem is that I can't connect 6C because they're flying in the air or something. I do Itsuu B 6C(1) when they get hit on the ground; I'm referring to when they're hit out of the air and they're sort of tossed around a bit.

My problem is that I can't connect 6C because they're flying in the air or something. I do Itsuu B 6C(1) when they get hit on the ground; I'm referring to when they're hit out of the air and they're sort of tossed around a bit.

if your mid screen it would be better to just go oki with it once they get hit with itsuu b and there in the air, just hold it and when they tech, let it fly(if there is a combo you can do i dont know it) if you near the corner and you do b itsuu while there in the air, you can do the standard dash 6c(1) 6kote ect ect

You can only follow-up an airbone opponent after a Itsuu B if they're in the corner, or if you hit him when he's VERY CLOSE to you. I don't know if Ryuiisou will combo, tho.

Anyway just hold mantenbo and start pressuring.

Depends on matchup first, player second.

As in, personally, I have an idea of how I should start the round against every character, but you need to adjust to how the other person plays. For example, vs Tsubaki, using itsuu is great because it beats 22a (which beats pretty much every button you have, and leads to the corner right away). But if they read it they'll run up 2b or do 3c from the start. If I see they like doing that, I'll do 5B at the start of the round. If they like being passive and running away to charge at the start of the round, I'll chase them.

Another example, vs Rachel, I like doing 2B at the start of the round if I've never played them before, because I assume they'll start the round with lobelia. If I see they like to run away first, then I'll adjust in later rounds. It's all about planning, observation, and application.

hmm...I think I really need to start learning specific matchup flow charts, yes, I really need to /headshot

as for against rachell, iirc, when they lobelia.a and litchi 2b at the start of match, I got countered D= or maybe I was just not fast enough orz

personally I'd 74(IAD) and set staff>launch to cover from lobelia if they do lobelia then rush in, as long as there's no pumpkin and george...

Never seen this mentioned nor done, came across it in training mode. Litchi can special cancel her forward throw still, JUST before the final hit comes out (as she lifts her leg, to give an idea of the timing). This is only useful staffless in the corner with the staff in the correct position to do the BnB. You get a 500-600 damage increase and more meter.

6Throw > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuAB > Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > j.2B > Hatsu > Haku > Chun > 5B > 5D > Chun > 6D > Ender of choice

Omit the 5D > Chun for 2D set and just 5B > 6C etc.

Never seen this mentioned nor done, came across it in training mode. Litchi can special cancel her forward throw still, JUST before the final hit comes out (as she lifts her leg, to give an idea of the timing). This is only useful staffless in the corner with the staff in the correct position to do the BnB. You get a 500-600 damage increase and more meter.

6Throw > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuAB > Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > j.2B > Hatsu > Haku > Chun > 5B > 5D > Chun > 6D > Ender of choice

Omit the 5D > Chun for 2D set and just 5B > 6C etc.

if timed correctly after the throw you can go straight into riichi without the hatsu, but the timing is a bit stricked (at lease to me) good for styling/trolling imo

My post is about canceling before the throw even fully completes, avoiding the 3rd hits proration.

My post is about canceling before the throw even fully completes, avoiding the 3rd hits proration.

oh sorry *crawls under rock*

quick note, if ur going against tsubaki or mu, i found that at the start of the match 2b[m] goes under tsubakis 22a and mu 5c netting you a counter hit and extend let us use 6c[m] after 2b[m] (see where im going with this) if u know how to IAD after 6c u get easy corner carry as well as a free combo at the start of the match

I think it's too slow, but I'll try that. Tsubakis that feel confident will 22A, and I guess it if does go under and then 6C, maybe it'll be a good start.

I think it's too slow, but I'll try that. Tsubakis that feel confident will 22A, and I guess it if does go under and then 6C, maybe it'll be a good start.

you have to make sure you put it out as fast as possible, it will still hit you if your too slow (did some experimenting with it) if you are at an optimal range (like when the battle starts) you can get the hit JUST BE CAREFUL

yomi tsubaki 22a at round start > itsuu

i think 22a range got nerfed (or im imagining things) i fought a tsubaki today and every time he did 22a at the beginning of the match it missed, i didn't even move for one of the rounds and it still missed was it always like that or is it just me o.0

its always like that. if you do any move besides itsuu or 2b youll get hit, itsuu reward is higher but a bit riskier cause of 3c

ohhhhhhh okay, not too many tsubaki's online anymore so i wasnt sure, there the next almost extincted race

ohhhhhhh okay, not too many tsubaki's online anymore so i wasnt sure, there the next almost extincted race

You say that, but then...a wild BATOUSAI APPEARS.

Trust me, I know.

You say that, but then...a wild BATOUSAI APPEARS.

Trust me, I know.

>.> thats on psn im on xbl

Sorry if I should have posted this in the combo thread but I've been having trouble performing a part of a combo. For example the combo that I've been working on: (Bear with me if I typed something wrong although I did everything correctly until the bracketed area).

5B 2C 6D 236B 236A 236C 236A 236B 63214A, A, B [5D 236C] ...etc

So I can't seem to be able to get the bracketed part to work correctly, they seem to be recovering way to quickly for me to get Chun to hit. Am I supposed to delay a part or something? Thanks!

Forgot to mention that I was straightforwardly doing the combo without stopping or any of some sort (no delays whatsoever.)

Edited by DeathCrow