Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CS1-CSE] Litchi General Discussion

Also a Nasty Unblockable set-up for tsubaki in the corner (Or Near Corner)If she has 3 install Gauges she can do J.236D > J214.D (on block) and Charged 22D Unblockable

Sounds like you've had one too many run-ins with Kiba.

Also on the unblockable front after a 22X in the corner they can reset with a 6a into an unblockable so be sure to time your tech accordingly.

Okay, so, I'm finding that I will get someone to corner often and then not know what to do that will hit next. It's hard for me to describe, but I'll post some vids of it. I'm finding a lot is not knowing what to do, and I make something up and mess up hard just so I don't end up doing nothing.

I need to have something for:

Opponent cornered, I'm in the rape position, Have stick

Opponent cornered, I'm in rape position, stick was ReachB to corner.

Opponent to corner, I'm going in. Stick was reachB to corner.

Opponent to corner, I'm going in. Stick unknown.

I forgot what state ReachB puts stick in. If I remembered that, I could make better calls.

when you get them to the corner... you do a combo. and she has alot of them.

visual

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBSnyJUKj2M&feature=youtu.be

full explanation of said vid (post #10)

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?13127-CSEX-Litchi-combo-thread

if you just did reach b in the corner, you have alot of + frames to work with, do a high/low mixup (do you know what that is?). if you dont have the stick and youre just pressuring the foe, call it back in the middle of pressure and do w/e from there. likewise if you do have stick, set it in the middle of pressure also, but not from the same move all the time (meaning dont do 5b[m] 2c[m] 5d... x n or you will be mashed out, sometimes set it after 5b[m], sometimes do 5b[m] 2c[m] 5c[m]... you get the picture hopefully)

You need to actually hit someone first to do combos. I never hit anyone!

I probably don't know what high low mixup really is, since I don't know how to do High/Low correctly. When I try things like that I usually get blocked or mashed. Sometimes random works, but I don't feel I know what to do, and I don't automaticlly know what will hit.

That's why reading a jump is my favorite thing. If I can psychically command them to jump I got combos (or a heat fist)

Edited by Star-Demon

high/low mixup is simply using a high attack, or a low attack. throw is usually included and then high/low mixup becomes '3way' simply, but because of the amount of + frames after reach b, throw will bluebeat, so its excluded in this case.

litchi's high attacks are 6a(safe on block due to gatlings), 6a[m] (no followup) chun (unsafe and slow, use at your own risk), all of her jumping normals. her lows are 2b, 2b[m], 3c, 3c[m], and haku. whether you know it or not, high/low mixup and oki is where you'll be getting the most damage, so learning it and finding ways where you can do it safely should be a staple lesson for you to learn.

and i'm sure you guess why it's called 'mixup'? because you dont want to keep doing the same thing over and over.

tl;dr: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?8423-A-primer-on-mixups

If your unsure on your corner mix-up, check the videos in mynus's mix-up combo routes thread.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12883-BBCS-EX-Litchi-Corner-Mixup-Routes

These are pretty much staple mix-ups and how to get the best damage off them, keep in mind the time you have before the staff returns. Remember your overheads and what Gatlings into them. If your consistently getting mashed out, use a lot of frame traps to catch the opponent out. The idea when your with staff is to either go for staff mixups (j2D[m]/6A[m]/6BF[m]/4D[m]/2B[m], etc) or place staff. I'm also having troubles atm to find the best times to place staff. Against less experienced players, 6D or j2D on block is good for getting rid of the staff and starting mix-ups because of there +frames.

Make sure your always being creative with your mix-ups and pressure. Excuse my lack of Litchi knowledge, I have only played her for just under a week and I'm still learning.

Edited by Kujikawa

high/low mixup is simply using a high attack, or a low attack. throw is usually included and then high/low mixup becomes '3way' simply, but because of the amount of + frames after reach b, throw will bluebeat, so its excluded in this case.

litchi's high attacks are 6a(safe on block due to gatlings), 6a[m] (no followup) chun (unsafe and slow, use at your own risk), all of her jumping normals. her lows are 2b, 2b[m], 3c, 3c[m], and haku. whether you know it or not, high/low mixup and oki is where you'll be getting the most damage, so learning it and finding ways where you can do it safely should be a staple lesson for you to learn.

and i'm sure you guess why it's called 'mixup'? because you dont want to keep doing the same thing over and over.

tl;dr: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?8423-A-primer-on-mixups

Oh, I know what it IS, but I just never get it right, for whatever reason. Maybe I just don't think enough about it while playing.

People playing a week know more about my own character that I played since Makoto came out :(

Edited by Star-Demon

People playing a week know more about my own character that I played since Makoto came out :(

Nah, I'm just keen as hell. But, honestly check out mynus's videos, they helped me out quite a bit when I picked her up.

once again star, you have the info directly in front of you. worry about yourself unless you like eating everyone else's dust. the info has been thouroughly explained, broken down, and put in a vid, so you have literally everything you need to know about high/low mixup.

once again star, you have the info directly in front of you. worry about yourself unless you like eating everyone else's dust. the info has been thouroughly explained, broken down, and put in a vid, so you have literally everything you need to know about high/low mixup.

Knowing is very different from doing. I'm looking but it's going to take a long while to actually do these without thinking then getting hit (or screwing them up).

well, as long as youre actually trying, thats fine. and i'll know if you're really trying in your performance next time we play.

just gonna feel myself a bit and post my sig here: "A winner is not one that finishes first, but one that puts forth the most effort."

and really, the concepts are very elementary: the basis of fighting games, if you will, as long as you see high/low for what it really is (an overhead or a low to keep the foe on their toes and to do good damage). this shouldnt even take you a full minute to understand.

Oh, I know what it IS, but I just never get it right, for whatever reason. Maybe I just don't think enough about it while playing.

My suggestion: look at the frame data and figure out what can gatling into staffless 6A, 2B, and 3C. When pressuring, try to drop your staff quickly ( [5A/2A xN] 5B 5D for example) and move into a string involving those gatlings. If you need to get the muscle memory for it down before actually using it, go into training mode and set the CPU to just block. Looking at frame data here's a simple string I can see:

[5A/2A xN] > 5B[m] > 5D > 5B > 6A > 6B

Confirm the 6A. If it hit, go into standard staffless combo. If it didn't, gatling 6B into 5D and continue. When you condition someone enough to look for the 6A, replace it with a low. I think you can do [stuff] 2B[e] > 5B > confirm/combo. However, I'm pretty sure there's an opening for the opponent to hit you after 5D (you can do this staffless, but the opening should still be there with the delay on staff recall added to CSE), but as long as the opponent doesn't know when you're going to drop the staff then they have to be wary about trying to punish you. Mix this up with 5B[m] > 2C > [5D/4D/delay 6D/other stuff] to keep them on their toes about it. And of course, you can always do moves later in the string that don't gatling well (typically C moves) and then cancel them into kote as well.

From there, the hard part is figuring out how to utilize staff return so that you smoothly transition from a staffless hit confirm (when you've recalled the staff) into finishing with the staff.

Training mode is your friend.

That's the plan, but as you can see in videos, I still can't do basic things even after a hardcore spring break. Did you know I didn't talk to anyone all break? That's hardcore. It's going to be a while.

Now *I* think I'm being really negative.

"I know how to beat him, I understand" *DansGame*

Edited by Star-Demon

sooo many people ask me that every other day lol, and for good reason. truth is, l was supposed to play valk because l liked his style when l saw his trailer back then. but l despise with a passion that hop-dash he and a few other characters have, and so after the first day l dropped him.

l was actually supposed to main carl in ct! god knows l probably would have been so good with him... but alas, that hop is an instant turnoff for me

My suggestion: look at the frame data and figure out what can gatling into staffless 6A, 2B, and 3C. When pressuring, try to drop your staff quickly ( [5A/2A xN] 5B 5D for example) and move into a string involving those gatlings. If you need to get the muscle memory for it down before actually using it, go into training mode and set the CPU to just block. Looking at frame data here's a simple string I can see:

I've been playing with gatlings a lot lately. Nothing in muscle memory, yet. If so, just barely.

Confirm the 6A. If it hit, go into standard staffless combo. If it didn't, gatling 6B into 5D and continue. When you condition someone enough to look for the 6A, replace it with a low. I think you can do [stuff] 2B[e] > 5B > confirm/combo. However, I'm pretty sure there's an opening for the opponent to hit you after 5D (you can do this staffless, but the opening should still be there with the delay on staff recall added to CSE), but as long as the opponent doesn't know when you're going to drop the staff then they have to be wary about trying to punish you. Mix this up with 5B[m] > 2C > [5D/4D/delay 6D/other stuff] to keep them on their toes about it. And of course, you can always do moves later in the string that don't gatling well (typically C moves) and then cancel them into kote as well.

Yeah that stuff. What happens when it whiffs? I hate using A because I always whiff. I never hit with 6A. I try not to use it unless I know it will hit. I'll try ot 6B and 5D though, that sound like a good start if it at least connects.

From there, the hard part is figuring out how to utilize staff return so that you smoothly transition from a staffless hit confirm (when you've recalled the staff) into finishing with the staff.

I seem to have a general sense of timing. You can see that in my jumpins. Maybe I should try to harness that.

If Litchi could stomp on her stick like a tatami I'd have NO more problems with this game. :P

Edited by Star-Demon

Yeah that stuff. What happens when it whiffs? I hate using A because I always whiff. I never hit with 6A. I try not to use it unless I know it will hit. I'll try ot 6B and 5D though, that sound like a good start if it at least connects.

You can dash after dropping the staff with 5D to fix your spacing if you're confident the opponent can't react in time to punish you. But yeah, dealing with pushback (especially when the opponent is barriering) can be difficult. Just have to play around in training mode to see what you can get from certain spacing.

hey does anyone got tips on how to do parts in challenge mode were you gotta do like j.b - j.b - j.c - d and as your falling j.c and then when you land 6c into that dp move

i can only get the 6c to hit when am lucky D: any tips if you guys get wat am talkin bout lol

but as you can see in videos,

Can you link me some, I may be able to offer my advise, since I'm not all that good myself. (Had the same problems, etc)

sooo many people ask me that every other day lol, and for good reason. truth is, l was supposed to play valk because l liked his style when l saw his trailer back then. but l despise with a passion that hop-dash he and a few other characters have, and so after the first day l dropped him.

l was actually supposed to main carl in ct! god knows l probably would have been so good with him... but alas, that hop is an instant turnoff for me

Instead you ended up with an amazing Rachel =)

I was meant to play Rachel actually. I picked up BB in CS1 and I tried to start playing Rachel. It was one of the most frustrating things ever. I ended up maining Lambda instead. I love to play classy characters (Dudley =P) or Mages. So at first I was all for Valk, intill I saw hop which crushed that dream. Eventually Platinum came out on my birthday and I thought that was some sort of sign, lol. Hench shes my main. Why I picked Litchi as well is another story lol.

hey does anyone got tips on how to do parts in challenge mode were you gotta do like j.b - j.b - j.c - d and as your falling j.c and then when you land 6c into that dp move

i can only get the 6c to hit when am lucky D: any tips if you guys get wat am talkin bout lol

Delay your falling jC in till you almost hit the ground and make sure your inputing the jumps as 9, 9. Always.

See if that works.

i was able to pull it off :D still hard but with some practice i should get it down ^^ thanks for the tip :D

edit- ok now am on challenge 14 and i got a question for that one xD ummmm at the very end it does the super thing but in the sample play it doesnt combo o.o soooo does that me i just do it or do i do the exact pattern the sample play does?

Edited by zshippozx