Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CS1-CSE] Litchi General Discussion

He won because of it. :)

LK: You are so close to dethroning Chun as my favorite US Litchi, you just need to have me witness a win by Ryuuisou. It'll be hard, but I believe in you!

I uh.

I'm pretty sure he wakeup ryuuisou'd me out of wheel at some point, does that count?

C'mon, Chun?

I mean, I know you're star-demon and all but this crosses the line, sarcasm or not.

got another challenge question lol on challenge 14 when you have to go on the stick and do a falling j.b to the 236b and then land and do the 236a when i actually get the falling b to hit and the 236b to hit when i land i can never seem to get the 236a before bang techs O: any tips?

after the falling jb, delay the j236b slightly so that bang will be closer to the ground.

That's actually not the fix if they're teching in the air. Delaying j.236B after j.2B makes them higher up, not closer to the ground. If they're teching in the air before 236B, it's because they're too high. The way to fix that is to delay xxxx 236B > 63214A > j.2B > j.236B > xxx

I uh.

I'm pretty sure he wakeup ryuuisou'd me out of wheel at some point, does that count?

C'mon, Chun?

I mean, I know you're star-demon and all but this crosses the line, sarcasm or not.

Real talk:

It's half joke, half serious. Chun is not as good as others, but Chun has a strange Chun-factor that I really like to see in players. It gives their play personality. I joke about having limiters and how I have no control over the limiters, and I train to learn to take them off, but it characterizes my abilities in a fun way.

Favorite does not equal best. I think LK is the best US Litchi, but to be my *favorite* he has a few things to accomplish for me.

All LK needs to do now is win by All Green while I'm watching. (I called the one I screencapped, so that helps a lot)

I have to say - I've been feeling much more positive about my character and learning in general lately. Seeing things I do done by better players and being acknowledged for it makes me feel good and makes me want to go back and improve on it after seeing it done well, even though they are really just making fun of me.

If you read one of them management books you'd know what I'm talking about.

ah, my apologies.

thanks sg for clarifying.

so star, what other moves do you like to do besides all green super? i'm interested because maybe you can find a way to be a more unique litchi but still improve.

ah, my apologies.

thanks sg for clarifying.

so star, what other moves do you like to do besides all green super? I'm interested because maybe you can find a way to be a more unique litchi but still improve.

Well, you notice I like Reach. It has a high arc and travels quickly, and isn't like using an airdash or a super jump. I see it as another way to move around the screen. A lot of Litchis don't really use it this way, maybe because they are scared of getting hit.

I only use Riichi, outside of combos, for some set-ups. Like cross-up from Tsubame midscreen.

I think riichi is a good move after u ran out of backdash/jumps/air dash and ur staff is on the other side of the screen....as long as ur not being too predictable...saved me many times

usually I got hit when I land on/throw off/stand on the staff, not when I travel in the air doing riichi

While horribly unsafe you'd be surprised how many people you catch with a blocked RiichiB into fatal counter 5C into insane punish after a Tsubame.

So there I was

on Training stage bc no one respects me in the least.

hit opponent

Hitting 4D

I'm like AWWW YEAH SON

Have to watch if opponent hits the wall or not.

Opponent doesn't hit the wall

"well...I guess I'll just hit D or something..."

So there I was

on Training stage bc no one respects me

hit opponent

Hitting 4D

I'm like AWWW YEAH SON

Have to watch if opponent hits the wall or not.

Opponent hits the wall

Does nothing

"I thought he wasn't going to hit the wall from here"

MFW I realize I could someday be as good as Fio but still be called bad:

misaka-uh.png

Edited by Star-Demon

hmm, using a playstyle around reach b is a bit of a toughie... it's really only good after air combos/very sparingly in pressure/neutral. it's not exactly a great move to just 'use' whenever you want because of the startup time and the predictable positioning. so yes, alot of litchi's like not getting hit.

star l really really really really really really really really REALLY think you should be watching shounen litchi.

theres a big rift between 'what you like' and 'what's optimal'. sometimes its about the sacrifice. struggle today, success tomorrow... or something like that

watch him, study what he does. imo hes the best litchi even if he isnt the most favorite to watch. get down his fundamentals because he knows how to play the game better than fio does

Any advice on the Rachel matchup? Anything else I should be doing other than chasing her around that field of traps she makes? Its like a freaking obstacle course and with the wind behind her it's such a pain. Not quite sure how I should approach the matchup.

if you were referring to me...

l cant give advice on how to be rachel with litchi, just how to beat litchi with rachel. if you were a rachel player it'd be pretty easy to help you out.

if you were referring to me...

l cant give advice on how to be rachel with litchi, just how to beat litchi with rachel. if you were a rachel player it'd be pretty easy to help you out.

Well it was open for anyone to answer since I'm pretty clueless when it comes to that matchup. I also have only fought one rachel and i didn't know what to expect so i was just winging it.

Any advice on the Rachel matchup? Anything else I should be doing other than chasing her around that field of traps she makes? Its like a freaking obstacle course and with the wind behind her it's such a pain. Not quite sure how I should approach the matchup.

make sure your hitconfirm is on point

dont burst if she has wind stock

round start - 2b, 5b, itsuu or look at her

during itsuu's recovery you can launch the staff, pretty helpful since you dont have to waste an extra 20ish frames to set the staff

if she does pumpkin above you - dp

use 6c(1) > 4kote > 6c(2) > kokushi ender if they keep trying to wind out of kokushi. if they STILL keep trying it, you can do 6c(2) > 6a kokushi for good measure, but the former is easier

this match is way harder than it used to be, rachel beats litchi in damage and litchi's corner carry is overall weaker than it used to be, they'll just try to mash and abare you all day because the reward is heavily in her favor, just stay solid and try to take their first burst as fast as possible, then get them into the corner, she cant do anything about kokushi

if she gets 50 meter they'll def dump their meter on tempest dahlia, counter with ryuuisou if you're in range, or daisharin if you're far away

when you get knocked down in the corner, if you have the staff, dice roll between dp/jump out/block, see how they deal with it, if you just sit their rachel will shit on you, keep in mind that 2c will beat your dp

if you can keep her from setting up too much in neutral you can be pretty comfortable

hitting george with 3c is a waste of time, it's good vs weak rachels but good ones will just hit you with full screen lobelia and the hitstun is forever, if you have access to 2d set four winds you should do that, or you can try to avoid george or try to purple throw her (which will get rid of pumpkin too)

mid level rachels will shit their wind away on pumpkin trying to just 66 at you, just hop around and barrier, dont hit a button though because her 6a is good

if you hit lobelias with a projectile they will lose their hitbox and kinda lob off, not many chars can do this as well as litchi can, and it's one of the best times to approach from the ground

star l really really really really really really really really REALLY think you should be watching shounen litchi.

I will stream myself watching Shounen and commentating TONIGHT.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=251

There - it's a fucking EVENT. Join me.

Edited by Star-Demon

stuff

Yea i got shit on by 6a. Learned my lesson there. Also i never thought about dp'ing them out of the air when they would summon pumpkin directly above me. I was too concerned about defending the upcoming rush with pumpkin cover. And yea that abare, I would get clipped by something and next thing i know i was eating BBL into whatever combos. You mentioned to use staff to take the hitbox off of lobeila, but the question i have is does hitting a lobeila/george take the hitbox away from staff1/2 as well? or does staff maintain hitbox while taking away theirs? I would usually just test it out, but unfortunately I'm at work til 5a....

hit lobelia with staff - hitbox is gone, you still get staff2

hit george with staff, he just takes "damage", he has his own set of HP

hit pumpkin with staff - pumpkin poofs, still get staff

touch rachel with anything, pumpkin goes away, but you need to hit or throw her to make george go away

even if she techs the throw, george will disappear

I appreciate it. I'll be sure to keep that in mind for the next rachel match i have whenever that may be.

So - like - shounen DPs like we're playing Ken Masters.

I guess that's how I play this character. Just DP things and not get punished for it.

I'm on it!