Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CS1-CSE] Litchi General Discussion

So - like - shounen DPs like we're playing Ken Masters.

I guess that's how I play this character. Just DP things and not get punished for it.

I'm on it!

O_o

So - like - shounen DPs like we're playing Ken Masters.

I guess that's how I play this character. Just DP things and not get punished for it.

I'm on it!

basically there are some situations in the game (and fighting games in general) where after you are knocked down, the opponent posses multiple strong attacking options that are either very difficult or impossible to react to

in a situation like this, if you have a dp, it can be said a better train of thought is "i should get him to guess what defensive option i should use" rather than "i should try to guess and block this mixup", because the following situations and rewards are better

i guess you watched the shounen vs hima matches? i dp'd a lot when i played vs hima too, using this exact reasoning

basically there are some situations in the game (and fighting games in general) where after you are knocked down, the opponent posses multiple strong attacking options that are either very difficult or impossible to react to

in a situation like this, if you have a dp, it can be said a better train of thought is "i should get him to guess what defensive option i should use" rather than "i should try to guess and block this mixup", because the following situations and rewards are better

i guess you watched the shounen vs hima matches? i dp'd a lot when i played vs hima too, using this exact reasoning

I don't understand how it's better. You DP and get baited/blocked and feel/look stupid, you DP and get CH instead before or after it happens, or you DP and it hits. How is this not a Hail Mary?

ok, here's an example

say valk knocks you down in the corner, he has 50 meter, you have the staff when he knocks you down

valk has a crazy amount of mixup options when he has 50 meter, he can do rising jC > RC > jC for instant overhead, 3C for low, wolf high/low, 2B > w/e, wolf command grab, etc

if you dont dp ever, he just gets to do this free, and as you can't react to some of his options (like the instant overehead or low), you just have to guess, which puts you in a very poor decision

however, if you choose to dp, then he has to take your dp into account as an option, and he'll have to bait your dp. if you're right, you get out, if you're wrong, you'll get punished

just from this, these two following events, you can say the risk is essentially the same as trying to block, as you have about the same chance of getting hit anyways

also, using dp gives you the chance to use other options, like jumping out on wakeup, because of the way he has to bait your dp (usually a wolf back dash)

it shouldn't be a "hail mary" by any means, but rather, an educated guess based on the opponent, their character, their habits, and the situation in front of you - it's kind of a hard idea to get a grasp on but it's very important at the top level of play, and something i knew already, but really had to put into practice in order to compete with the japanese players

i can give you or anyone else more examples if you would like

That's okay - That explained it pretty well. It makes more sense now. You pretty much have to deal with a 50/50, but replacing one 50 with a 50 that's slightly better. You're getting hit or you might not get hit.

i mean, in the end, you have a lot of tools at your disposal

despite litchi not being able to RC her dp, people are still going to bait it a lot because the reward is huge

i mean, in the end, you have a lot of tools at your disposal

despite litchi not being able to RC her dp, people are still going to bait it a lot because the reward is huge

"Just scrub guard point!"

Hello! New to the boards, but not that new to Litchi.

I do have a couple of questions though. I'm having a lot of trouble connecting 5D>haku after confirming itsuuB and a j.2d crossup. Is there a specific timing for the input or should I be going faster?

Also, my neutral game is pretty ass. It has been one of my biggest weaknesses since I can remember. I just can't seem to understand what to do if I don't have my opponent in a combo. I know lots of it is matchup specific but are there some basic things I should be thinking about during footsies besides hitconfirms and staff placement?

Don't immediately release D when doing 5D > Haku, hold it briefly and then release. This gives Litchi time to recover from the animation of summoning the staff.

I'm a little too preoccupied atm to give a full answer to your neutral question, maybe someone else will or I'll get back to you later. Quickest lazy answer though is just to play more, find strong players and fight them. Watch high level players and try to emulate what they do in neutral and think about why they do it.

just wanna let you guys know that there will be no guide thread for EX litchi - the wiki will be the prime source for info

just wanna let you guys know that there will be no guide thread for EX litchi - the wiki will be the prime source for info

Cool - As long as people put stuff into it.

In case you haven't noticed

LK already did

He did the whole thing i believe lol (i think , no offence to anyone who contributed and i didn't notice)

Thank you LK + any contributors

I uh.

I'm pretty sure he wakeup ryuuisou'd me out of wheel at some point, does that count?

C'mon, Chun?

I mean, I know you're star-demon and all but this crosses the line, sarcasm or not.

SUPER Late but,

you wound me severin ;_;.

Just kidding, I'm not doing well these days in BB just because of time.

Truth be told I wish I had more time to just play games in general, thanks anyway for support Star-Demon.

SUPER Late but,

you wound me severin ;_;.

Just kidding, I'm not doing well these days in BB just because of time.

Truth be told I wish I had more time to just play games in general, thanks anyway for support Star-Demon.

1261366658159.jpg

I just realized that since we've decided to have two tiers in this game, and litchi is in the lower, it means Litchi is bottom tier.

i think you mean "must you", lol

anyway im slowly getting the combo section of the wiki done

it took me a while to think about how to condense the amount of combos she had into an easy to learn formula... but in the end i thought of something

because of her nature in EX, there will still probably be more than CS1 and CS2 :/

You must constantly spit out fraudulent information?

What's so fraudulent? We have an S-tier and an A tier. A tier is bottom tier. :P

April Arcadia (Satoshi) 4/2/2012

S Rank: Ragna, Taokaka, Arakune, Hakumen, Lambda, Mu, Valkenhayn,

A Rank: Everyone Else

No difference within rank

That would be two tiers. I would be surprised if we actually decided to have a B tier this time, along with S not comprising a large portion of the cast.

Will check wiki later. I'm trying to clean and pack today. :(

BTW I got 3C before and after Reach like nearly 80%. :) Maybe this weekend was helpful after all.

Edited by Star-Demon

combo section finally done?

awesome.... >:3

it's far from "done"

fortunately, the amount of combos she has off regular hits are rather small

the amount of situational combos based on counter hit, screen positioning, and where the staff is located in relation to the opponent are rather large

fortunately, the amount of combos she has off regular hits are rather small

the amount of situational combos based on counter hit, screen positioning, and where the staff is located in relation to the opponent are rather large

Oh good, it wasn't just me thinking this.

I imagine it takes a larger amount of experience with this character to be able to recognize and capitalize off those situations.

hey LK are you going to add a vid to the litchi wiki or are you just going to leave that to youtube

it just means u must practice more and do the things u've practiced in a real match(more like, getting familiar with the situation and then act accordingly with the proper combos)

@LK: i've seen the wiki, and i'd still say... awesome :v