Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CS1-CSE] Litchi General Discussion

Haz literally get run train on. He cannot stop Litchi. I feel I can walk him to the corner after any random hit into tsubame/4D.

Uhhh, cool man...

is it too scrubby to use itsuu to bait peoples wake up DP's (and why do i have a feeling i just asked the most dumbest question ever posted)

Yeah. because if they don't eat bait you don't have as many options as hitting them or keeping them pressured, AND you can't block low.

when I fight haz, somehow I can never penetrate his chains/fake-chains

haz is going 5d~a/6d~a/4d~a/j.5d~a/j.4d~a all day long, and u can't actually bait his chains by letting the chain extend a bit further and then the chain-return recovery is longer because haz won't press 5a to pull it back but they'll go into stance and voila, chain disappear and if litchi is entering by IAD and cannot block then litchi will surely eat hazama's 214d~b

and somehow throwing staff does not help very much, and I really...really....really... hate it when haz touches litchi(litchi blocking). haz 5b is +, dash 5b dash 2a 5b... dash 6a > hit > houtenjin...

and I still can't do IBs.....

Just stay out of Hazama's range, when the staff clashes with the chain go in especially if its at 0. Just IB his special stance overhead (I think its 236DB), his chains and sometimes itsuu works but wouldn't fall back on it.

will do/try...

haz overhead stance is 214d~a

and sorry, but I think I missed out the video explaining the numerical positions on the screen/stage (often read it here but never really found the vid which explains it)

Mash 5A out of dem' Haz stances.

God, with the way I'm going, Litchi is gunna' end up my main soon :S

Really need to start working on using staff returns and such to get good midscreen combos instead of stuff like ... > 5C > Haku > Hatsu > Chun

My pressure/Mix-Ups seems to be doing really well in the corner, it's just I need to maximize my combo damage off them.

Edited by Kujikawa

it works if they are being really predictable, as going into stance has significant start up frames

if they are using a lot of normals, you might want to barrier jump/backdash instead

when I fight haz, somehow I can never penetrate his chains/fake-chains

haz is going 5d~a/6d~a/4d~a/j.5d~a/j.4d~a all day long, and u can't actually bait his chains by letting the chain extend a bit further and then the chain-return recovery is longer because haz won't press 5a to pull it back but they'll go into stance and voila, chain disappear and if litchi is entering by IAD and cannot block then litchi will surely eat hazama's 214d~b

and somehow throwing staff does not help very much, and I really...really....really... hate it when haz touches litchi(litchi blocking). haz 5b is +, dash 5b dash 2a 5b... dash 6a > hit > houtenjin...

and I still can't do IBs.....

of course you cant "bait his chains" lol

you need to adjust to the way they play, just putting the stick down and launching it wont do much if they are aware of it, doing that is best against mindless hazama players that just try to j6dd in over and over

you can also use itsuu to guard point chains, depending on the angle he's at, either counter with follow up, launch the staff, or cancel it

really, this match can be decided from the start of a round

2b and itsuu beats jabaki

6c beats stand in place 3c

5b beats stand in dash 3c

sj airdash jC beats round start iad back/jump back j6D

-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5

0 is midscreen

awesome, thx :D

Mash 5A out of dem' Haz stances.

and iirc, u can 2a on reaction to hazs 214d~a(stance overhead)

2a and 5a attack boxes are good IMO, they extend out of litchi's hot box and then go up a bit which is godly

of course you cant "bait his chains" lol

I feel so stupid I wanna kill myself now :vbang:

you need to adjust to the way they play, just putting the stick down and launching it wont do much if they are aware of it, doing that is best against mindless hazama players that just try to j6dd in over and over

you can also use itsuu to guard point chains, depending on the angle he's at, either counter with follow up, launch the staff, or cancel it

really, this match can be decided from the start of a round

2b and itsuu beats jabaki

6c beats stand in place 3c

5b beats stand in dash 3c

sj airdash jC beats round start iad back/jump back j6D

that's what I need.....

@Star-Demon

I was kinda' joking around when I said mash on jabs when you see him cancelling into his stance during pressure.

I'm pretty sure, if it's spaced out of jab range and slightly delayed, he can easily CH you for good damage.

You can try to react to it with a jab, but it's best to block low and react to the overhead stance follow-up, if you do hit the jab you ain't going into very good damage anyway so it isn't really worth the risk.

He doesn't get alot off a normal hit overhead follow-up, but he does on CH and getting hit by the low follow-up on CH really, really hurts - especially if he has 50 Meter.

He can also delay them so they charge. In that case, just gtfo/block.

How do you guys beat Hakumen? I've been having lots of trouble in this matchup.

is there a good way to escape kishuu > throw/TRM setup ... this seems to be my downfall most of the time.

What oki do you use in the corner?

I end all my combos against haku with 6D > 3C > 4Kote

my oki goes like this:

5[D] > 6A > 6B~]D[ > 2C > 5C > [M] 2C > 6D .... I use this to counter his 2D on wakeup

5[D] > 2B > ]D[~6B > 2C > 5C > [M] 2C > 6D .... to counter wakeup 6D

I let Hakumen screw up until he dies.

What bites about hakumen is that he is rewarded for doing absolutely nothing. He will always have meter. His counter is really, really good, and it counters shit I think shouldn't be countered at all, even to the point of you being teleported if you are one pixel inside the "grab" range of the counter activation because he got hit opposite side. Oh, he also gets corner off anything.

Basically, you really have to outplay Hakumen. His normals are all great, you can't air-to-air him at all. He just has to make mistakes, and you have to invite him to do that until all of his generous amount of HP is zero.

In corner I am working on, but hakumen has good DP and an amazing counter, so keeping him in corner is gambling 4000 life.

I used to like this match because of the mindgames. I think it's bullshit, now.

Edited by Star-Demon

How do you guys beat Hakumen? I've been having lots of trouble in this matchup.

is there a good way to escape kishuu > throw/TRM setup ... this seems to be my downfall most of the time.

What oki do you use in the corner?

I end all my combos against haku with 6D > 3C > 4Kote

my oki goes like this:

5[D] > 6A > 6B~]D[ > 2C > 5C > [M] 2C > 6D .... I use this to counter his 2D on wakeup

5[D] > 2B > ]D[~6B > 2C > 5C > [M] 2C > 6D .... to counter wakeup 6D

late os tech helps vs kishuu/throw trm. also, use barrier guard to stop link pressure shenanigans (stuff like 2b > 2a >2b)

this match is all neutral, it should actually be rather difficult for hakumen to get in. use 6b[m]/feint, itsuu and airthrow, then use 2b/3c to beat kishuu approach. 5b anti air is also excellent

remember that you have meterless instant overheads in this matchup

if youre able to use litchi to her max potential, this match is very even

Do you guys think execution and combo knowledge is the most important thing to play Litchi?

Do you guys think execution and combo knowledge is the most important thing to play Litchi?

If you drop at any time you just got cornered and lost 4k life. Yeah. I'd say you just have to be perfect or you're going to lose.

As well, if you make any mistake or make a wrong choice midscreen or in corner you will force a drop or be in massive recovery, there goes 5K of your life right there.

And because the DP is bad, you will have to be very good t knowing the other character and players or because once you are in corner either they have to make a mistake (they won't) or you have to burst, CH, or DP. Block good or die.

Edited by Star-Demon

6D:

6D(1) Blocked: 2a? I get hit.

6D(2) Blocked: 2a? I get hit.

6D: blocked: 2A? I get hit.

6D(1) Barrier Blocked: 2a? I get hit.

6D(2) Barrier Blocked: 2a? I get hit.

6D: Barrier blocked: 2A? I get hit.

Why did you tell me to 2A blocked 6D?

6D(1) instant Blocked: Block?

6D(2) instant Blocked: Block?

6D: instant blocked: Block?

also - I'm noticing I'm having trouble deciding what to do in corner while I'm trying to mix up, and it gets really awkward and I don't know what to do when staff is doing things. I end up kinda sitting there a lot or stuck standing there somehow. If you've played me you know what it looks like. I don't know what to do when things are different in corner. Then they juts block or grab me or reversal.

combo knowledge is important, and execution is a universally important thing to be successful in this (or any) game

on top of that, more importantly than just general combo knowledge, is the ability to confirm counter hits and ad lib combos

And because the DP is bad, you will have to be very good t knowing the other character and players or because once you are in corner either they have to make a mistake (they won't) or you have to burst, CH, or DP. Block good or die.

although you can't rapid tsubame, it still has a powerful passive presence. being able to identify how much they fish for your dp can give you alternate escapes out of pressure

also - I'm noticing I'm having trouble deciding what to do in corner while I'm trying to mix up, and it gets really awkward and I don't know what to do when staff is doing things. I end up kinda sitting there a lot or stuck standing there somehow. If you've played me you know what it looks like. I don't know what to do when things are different in corner. Then they juts block or grab me or reversal.

I should take pictures or something. It's hard to describe what I'm doing, but it'd help to have visuals to remind me what to do if something looks like something. I'd like ot have a plan instead of always trying to improvise corner mixup.

Just training mode corner mixup

easy solution

Yeah but you start in the middle of certain situations or reset to them. If you look at videos, Mynus just has you standing there, staff at where you would be after 6D. Then you just 5B 5D and then hit buttons and hope they get hit. (I never hit anyone with it) It's not in the middle of shishin, it's not flying at 5D hit or counter hit with opponent in air.

As much as I try the video stuff. you just launch staff and then hit button hoping to hit them. I haven't hit anyone with anything resembling that. I also don't know how to pick up with 6D on a hit when I don't even have the staff. It hasn't really helped me.

You're not limited to practicing setups in videos

just run blockstring after blockstring after blockstring until you feel comfortable