Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CS1-CSE] Litchi General Discussion

That's all I've been doing when in there...those two stupid things. Do you not watch the stream?

Don't reset training mode after every combo attempt. It doesn't really matter but at least it saves time. Just wait for your opponent to tech then try the combo again.

star have you tried a rhythm approach to the combos, some people listen to the hits and know how to do the combos base off of the rhythm the hits give.

so if you do hatsu haku chun haku hatsu 63214a, if you do it enough times,you should get a feel of how the combo should sound. making it a bit easier (at least for some people.....right)

star have you tried a rhythm approach to the combos, some people listen to the hits and know how to do the combos base off of the rhythm the hits give.

That's what I was going for at first but nothing really has been solid.

are you even going to try what l said or just bitch about it? because l dont really have any time or tolerance for the latter. you asked to get better, i'm handing you the steps on a fancy platter. get into training mode and do what l asked of you.

it's simple. input 236a. l KNOW you know how to do that. next, input 236b. you can delay the followup, do it immediately after, it dosen't really matter. it should still combo. now, pay very close attention; AFTER INPUTTING 236b, IMMEDIATELY do 63214a. once you see litchi hop on the stick, input a, wait a second, then b. thats it!

put the dummy on no tech/arial roll/anything first. let it bluebeat until you get the motions. when you feel more comfortable inputting these simple commands, put the foe on tech everything and try to redbeat it.

l expect you to at LEAST get the former part down by tomorrow night. feel free to ask me for assistance, i'll be available most of the day.

are you even going to try what l said or just bitch about it? because l dont really have any time or tolerance for the latter. you asked to get better, i'm handing you the steps on a fancy platter. get into training mode and do what l asked of you.

I just said I would.

it's simple. input 236a. l KNOW you know how to do that. next, input 236b. you can delay the followup, do it immediately after, it dosen't really matter. it should still combo. now, pay very close attention; AFTER INPUTTING 236b, IMMEDIATELY do 63214a. once you see litchi hop on the stick, input a, wait a second, then b. thats it!

put the dummy on no tech/arial roll/anything first. let it bluebeat until you get the motions. when you feel more comfortable inputting these simple commands, put the foe on tech everything and try to redbeat it.

l expect you to at LEAST get the former part down by tomorrow night. feel free to ask me for assistance, i'll be available most of the day.

o_o what happen...?

It's just the fact that for someone who complains about not knowing how to play he doesn't seem to put forth the effort and just wants to know shortcuts. I mean I'm playing against him right now with DJFoodstamp (who we're both free to because I don't know the Carl matchup and haven't learned it. I'm just lazy) and sometimes he'll just stop...moving...

I mean I'm not one to judge because I'm ass right now too, but that's because school is taking over and I have yet to actually put any time into Extend. If and when I want to get good at the game, I know what I need to do: PRACTICE UNTIL I GET IT RIGHT. That's what I've been doing since CT and in other fighting games to get good and the results have spoken for themselves. That concept seems to be overshadowed by him getting discouraged, which you can't get if you actually want to learn fighting games because it takes patience and practice...

PRACTICE UNTIL I GET IT RIGHT. That's what I've been doing since CT and in other fighting games to get good and the results have spoken for themselves. That concept seems to be overshadowed by him getting discouraged, which you can't get if you actually want to learn fighting games because it takes patience and practice...

that seems to be the one of the best ways to get better. its understandable that training can be boring at times but it needs to be done.

If it helps any, hatsu>riichi is one motion for me [236(B)3214A], and if I don't think of it like that I literally cannot input it in time

isnt that just common sense though

Yes, but you're assuming people on the internet having common sense

isnt that just common sense though

it is but sadly there are people in the world who lack it

Just go look at the stream. The fact I can't even get the first moves down even now is just a joke. Why do I do this?

You guys, I'm trying to put time in but it's not working. It's just not. I'm still being beaten by people you found two weeks ago that just started playing. Even local people like raging_fenrir have outpaced me in a single week, and it's just infuriating.

Also - please stop mirroring me. I know you wanna style on me, but on the off chance you're trying to teach me something - nothing is coming through when you spend you time making fool out of me and trolling me. I know you're better than me. Lesson learned. I'm not good enough to play. Congrats.

Edited by Star-Demon

True story: it took me two hours to combo 2C>5BB>j.AB>j.BC successfully as VAkiha when I first started playing MBAC.

And that shit is just launcher>aircombo.

Exec isn't free, especially exec for a character who's /notorious/ for hard exec. Switch charas if you can't handle it, or accept that you're gonna need to put in time and just keep working hard. It took several hour-plus sessions over several days to learn my first Litchi combo from scratch at my current exec. (I chose to learn the 5b[m]>2C>6D... corner bnb first.) And I still can't do dash 6A when the prorate is is low enough it barely connects. All I can do is keep grinding it, and I intend to do that.

Edited by Dusk Thanatos

Just go look at the stream. The fact I can't even get the first moves down even now is just a joke. Why do I do this?

You guys, I'm trying to put time in but it's not working. It's just not. I'm still being beaten by people you found two weeks ago that just started playing. Even local people like raging_fenrir have outpaced me in a single week, and it's just infuriating.

Also - please stop mirroring me. I know you wanna style on me, but on the off chance you're trying to teach me something - nothing is coming through when you spend you time making fool out of me and trolling me. I know you're better than me. Lesson learned. I'm not good enough to play. Congrats.

Ok you know what, I was trying to be nice to you by helping you out because you ask a lot on the boards, but I'm just going to say this (Wall o TXT alert):

You are not a fighting game amateur apparently. You play GG and from what you've said you play it quite well. Yet you struggle with Blazblue, a game that is almost exponentially easier in terms of execution. You constantly show streams and things of training sessions, ask for advice and shortcuts on things that are both readily available for you on these boards and things that people have no problem telling you. Yet despite this because you are struggling for some reason, you shrug this stuff off and have a bad attitude. You complain about me mirroring you but one of the first messages I sent you was "end with oki instead of just hatsu chun in the air" and then you said you didn't know how, which (whether you do or not) I thought you did. I then played Litchi myself to try to show you. My rust aside (like I said, I've only watched videos and spent nearly no time in the lab) whenever I tried to show or do something to help you, you literally stopped moving. Like even when the Carl player went against you you just...stopped. You gave up. And that's what irritates me more than anything else. If you were a total fighting game amateur then I would be totally fine with you giving up. But you are not. You play GG but can't play BB and have the best players telling you how to do it and equipment to show people what you're doing wrong in an effort to help. Yet you're still struggling. Which means you aren't putting in the effort plain and simple. Why do you expect people to keep listening to your questions and watching your streams if you yourself don't care?

tl;dr: actually practice until you do something right. Spend a week doing nothing whatsoever but practice mode to work on your execution. The way you learned GG is how you need to learn BB.

And as far as me "styling" on you by playing Litchi and trying to show you stuff, that was not styling. If you really have an attitude about it then you and I both can hit the lab after I help you and rest assured, once I get my practice in I will show you what it means to style someone. Sorry if this sounds mean but you really put me off just now by saying that me trying to teach you when you said you didn't know something was styling. People who want to learn don't say that. People who are salty and lazy do.

True story: it took me two hours to combo 2C>5BB>j.AB>j.BC successfully as VAkiha when I first started playing MBAC.

And that shit is just launcher>aircombo.

Exec isn't free, especially exec for a character who's /notorious/ for hard exec. Switch charas if you can't handle it, or accept that you're gonna need to put in time and just keep working hard. It took several hour-plus sessions over several days to learn my first Litchi combo from scratch at my current exec. (I chose to learn the 5b[m]>2C>6D... combo first.) And I still can't do dash 6A when the prorate is is low enough it barely connects. All I can do is keep grinding it, and I intend to do that.

Dash 6a can be tough to get used to. So far the only thing I really know that's Extend-y is (After IppatsuB midscreen) Chun -> staff2 -> TK Chun -> 6D(m)

I know how to do 5d (hold) -> Chun -> staff2 -> 6D (m) but have no idea whatsoever about the 5d 6a 6bf staff2 itsuuC j7c staff oki/hatsu chun ender. I really don't know how to treat the Extend Litchi because she's so much more situational in that you have to make every possible hit count and mixup as much as you have to. There are no more lazy hitconfirms from 5B into fullscreen combos with sick heat gain, oki and damage or itsuu loop (CS1) or go to combos off of any starter that take you all the way across the screen (CS2). You really have to work for your damage now, which means I myself need to put in some work on my mixup because it's pretty stale to be honest, on all of the characters that I use...

Edited by mMarikom
for misrepresenting my main

She never did lol I was just exaggerating the days of CS1 Litchi. But Sorry >_> don't worry I know that's not true...

It took me three months to connect 5B[m] 2C[m] Itsuu A 6kote Haku Hatsu Riichi A Ippatsu A (CS1). I put a lot more work into the game than most of the people that I play against and they'll tell you that I'm still worse than many of them. You're not special. Your problem is your attitude. Get over it.

You are not a fighting game amateur apparently. You play GG and from what you've said you play it quite well. Yet you struggle with Blazblue, a game that is almost exponentially easier in terms of execution. You constantly show streams and things of training sessions, ask for advice and shortcuts on things that are both readily available for you on these boards and things that people have no problem telling you. Yet despite this because you are struggling for some reason, you shrug this stuff off and have a bad attitude. You complain about me mirroring you but one of the first messages I sent you was "end with oki instead of just hatsu chun in the air" and then you said you didn't know how, which (whether you do or not) I thought you did. I then played Litchi myself to try to show you. My rust aside (like I said, I've only watched videos and spent nearly no time in the lab) whenever I tried to show or do something to help you, you literally stopped moving. Like even when the Carl player went against you you just...stopped. You gave up. And that's what irritates me more than anything else. If you were a total fighting game amateur then I would be totally fine with you giving up. But you are not. You play GG but can't play BB and have the best players telling you how to do it and equipment to show people what you're doing wrong in an effort to help. Yet you're still struggling. Which means you aren't putting in the effort plain and simple. Why do you expect people to keep listening to your questions and watching your streams if you yourself don't care?

Well, when it comes to GG - depends on who you ask. I got a lot farther in the GG tourney than the BB tourney, but I didn't play Mahouko or A3Religion, or Troll Badguy (the person I wanted to prepare for - as far as I'm concerned they are the real measuring stick). Local vets say I'm free, and I shouldn't even show my face. I go to NL and my character is considered bullshit ( I can understand why even though these players are far above my level, I don't see what the problem is)

Anyways: TL;DR - It's probable that I am probably only scrubbing it up in GG when you ask others, I can't say for sure until someone that has seen me play at NL or locally posts on the subject. How would I know?

tl;dr: actually practice until you do something right. Spend a week doing nothing whatsoever but practice mode to work on your execution. The way you learned GG is how you need to learn BB.

You're right, I should practice more, and I get discouraged easily both plying and practicing. It's the worst thing about me and It's not an easy thing to stop doing.

And as far as me "styling" on you by playing Litchi and trying to show you stuff, that was not styling. If you really have an attitude about it then you and I both can hit the lab after I help you and rest assured, once I get my practice in I will show you what it means to style someone. Sorry if this sounds mean but you really put me off just now by saying that me trying to teach you when you said you didn't know something was styling. People who want to learn don't say that. People who are salty and lazy do.

That's what I thought but I didn't really see you do anything. again, this is why I don't like people mirroring me to try to teach me something. I never see it, aand it just comes off as trolling.

This character is hard lol.

I'm sorry, not 4 months ago we had our moderator talking about having to have a flowchart and how this character is easy, and not two weeks ago the same man was talking about how Litchi can just scrub Itsuu guard point and win. Now he wants to play Valk. Litchi being hard isn't clear to me when people in this forum behave like this, and it's confusing as hell.

It's confusing and discouraging because everyone is so high level around here that they treat her casually as a great character when the fact is she's the fourth worst character in the game. This fact is played as irrelevant because nothing seems to be worth discussing below the Highest level of play, which seems to be like, 8 people in our entire country. Those 8 people are all that matters, and they all seem to be right here.

Edited by Star-Demon

I do the 236A right as her foot is about to touch the ground. Hopefully that works out for you.

Errmmm...sorta? Like sometimes I get it and other times she doesn't do it and the opponent recovers from the combo. I remember in CSII I would do 236B, very quickly duck or move one step forward, and then hit 236A and it would work all the time.

You're right, I should practice more, and I get discouraged easily both plying and practicing. It's the worst thing about me and It's not an easy thing to stop doing.

That's what I thought but I didn't really see you do anything. again, this is why I don't like people mirroring me to try to teach me something. I never see it, aand it just comes off as trolling.

I'm sorry, not 4 months ago we had our moderator talking about having to have a flowchart and how this character is easy, and not two weeks ago the same man was talking about how Litchi can just scrub Itsuu guard point and win. Now he wants to play Valk. Litchi being hard isn't clear to me when people in this forum behave like this, and it's confusing as hell.

It's confusing and discouraging because everyone is so high level around here that they treat her casually as a great character when the fact is she's the fourth worst character in the game. This fact is played as irrelevant because nothing seems to be worth discussing below the Highest level of play, which seems to be like, 8 people in our entire country. Those 8 people are all that matters, and they all seem to be right here.

You not seeing what I was doing: your problem. De-salt. It only comes off as trolling because of your own self-deprecating personality. I told you to end with Oki. You said you didn't know how. I then played Litchi and ended my combos with oki that you said you didn't know how to do. But instead of doing so I was apparently trolling, even though I wasn't the one who just gave up and sat there whenever I was getting hit and only randomly decided to actually fight.

Being the fourth worst character in extend, considering the balance, doesn't mean much. She still has great tools and she's still tons of fun. No reason to act any other way.

If you're really that discouraged then one of two things need to happen:

1) Accept it, move on, and actually practice until you get better instead of doing what you're doing right now.

2) Stop trying to play fighting games at anything above a casual level, or at least this game. You say you may not be that good at GG but the point stands that you should be having far less problems from BB if you're coming from a GG background. The level that it seems like you play GG at does not make sense at all if after six months you can't do a RiichiA combo in a game with a 5 frame buffer and the hatsu RiichiA motion (236B 63214A) is LITERALLY the same motion as tons of super moves in GG, just with a slight gap in between.

I thought you were just struggling before but the attitude you gave me for trying to help you just really put me off. I'm sorry if mirroring you really bothered you that much and if I run into you again online I'll mirror you less. But you really need to relax if you want to get any better and if you expect people to keep helping you because it's like the advice is falling on deaf ears...