Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CS1-CSE] Litchi General Discussion

Is it really that hard for you guys to go in to training mode and learn when to release the staff and the different delays for Hatsu > Chun at different parts of the screen? It works up to about 3/4 or 2/3s the stage away from the corner if you do Hatsu Chun 2C 4D. If your back is all the way in the corner when it happens you can transition into 5B 2C 6D(1).

EDIT: Even if you can't do that, ItsuuC > 6kote > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuA > B > (3C > 2D > Hatsu > Chun > 6C) OR (5D brief hold > Chun > 5B/2C > TK Chun > Corner stuff) is still better than what you yourself have listed.

Edited by sG

Yes, it is that hard for people to do that. No one wants to take the time to test all of the optimal combos, they want what's easy and can be done at all times.

Which is why everyone also complains that Litchi is terrible, they can't do her strong combos or utilize her tools because it takes practice. There is only a SMALL handful of people who can use her tools and know how to pick up and hit-confirm for her stronger combos everywhere on the screen in different situations.

It's quite annoying to hear people constantly complain about not winning with her either, yet they don't even know what they should really be doing.

On a different note, we were talking about a staffless 3C, not 3C[m].

Edited by Urichinan

It wasn't specified in Romey's post but the proration on both normals is the same IIRC, you'd get about the same damage midscreen with either move.

It wasn't specified in Romey's post but the proration on both normals is the same IIRC, you'd get about the same damage midscreen with either move.

Damage wise, yes, but you can't do staffless 3C into Itsuu, which is why I posted the staffless combo routes for Star-Demon.

Which is why everyone also complains that Litchi is terrible, they can't do her strong combos or utilize her tools because it takes practice. There is only a SMALL handful of people who can use her tools and know how to pick up and hit-confirm for her stronger combos everywhere on the screen in different situations.

THIS.... I wanna learn so bad.... >:3

Damage wise, yes, but you can't do staffless 3C into Itsuu, which is why I posted the staffless combo routes for Star-Demon.

zzz wasn't paying attention that you were talking specifically to Star-Demon. My bad. If you can get into Ippatsu off of 3C CH you should also go into that combo, it'll net you some more damage.

The one I posted for Staff 3C is what you need to learn also.

Edited by sG

Excuse me I didn't specify I was looking for but it was 3C[M]. That's great we have both combos for staff and staffless! I love how people complain about the character but not critque themselves.

I hate asking nooby questions but I have got really no idea what TK (as in TK Chun, TK Hatsu) means. According to this quote

Anything like "tk" or "236" is a universal term, so if you don't know what that is you should look at the General FAQ

yet I havent found any General FAQ that explains the term TK ;_;

anything that says "staff2" or or "TK" is going to have to wait a very long time, given the current projects. Such sorcery is moonspeak.

I hate asking nooby questions but I have got really no idea what TK (as in TK Chun, TK Hatsu) means. According to this quote

As you do it just keep going until you get to 9 or 7, you end up jump and it fires. For Litchi you have to do it for the strange 2C or 5D launched CHs or staff2 things that carry to corner, otherwise you're stuck fishing for staff counter hit. I can't do those, but then again I can't complete any combo yet.

Moonspeak wakarimasennnnnnn

Edited by Star-Demon

Check the wiki.

Should be on the wiki, but might as well answer here.

"TK" is short for "Tiger Knee" and refers to the technique of doing an aerial special (typically QCF/236) immediately after leaving the ground. Generally, it means changing the input from 236[button] to 2369[button]. The 9 at the end causes you to jump, but the game still considers your input as a QCF/236, so you do your special immediately after leaving the ground. For Litchi's combos, this is usually necessary because of the repeat proration on her rekkas now. Using the same rekka (Haku, Hatsu, or Chun) more than once in a combo causes harsh proration, but each different version of the rekka counts as a separate move. To use Hatsu as an example, these are all different versions of Hatsu as far as repeat proration is concerned:

Hatsu

Followup Hatsu (after Haku or Chun)

j.Hatsu

Tanki Hatsu (B while on the staff)

So TK Hatsu is usually used because it combos pretty much the same way that grounded Hatsu does, but allows you to do this twice in a combo. You can also do TK kote with 721 or 923 instead of their respective normal motions; this is sometimes useful as part of your mixup game, particularly when trying to bait things.

For reference, the term originates from Street Fighter. Sagat's Tiger Knee special input was 2369.

edit: Other characters you'll see doing this a lot are Lambda (TK Crescent Saber), Bang (TK D-nails, sometimes TK fire punch), and Hakumen (TK Hotaru).

Edited by Cobalt

anything that says "staff2" or or "TK" is going to have to wait a very long time, given the current projects. Such sorcery is moonspeak.

As you do it just keep going until you get to 9 or 7, you end up jump and it fires. For Litchi you have to do it for the strange 2C or 5D launched CHs or staff2 things that carry to corner, otherwise you're stuck fishing for staff counter hit. I can't do those, but then again I can't complete any combo yet.

I'm not sure if trolling...

...shut up dude.

you weren't even answering the question D=

===

anyway, a question, upon staff return, what staffless normals gattlings into staff normals?

so far I checked these

5b>2c[m]>6d route

6b>2c[m]>...

2b>2c[m]>...

5c>2c[m]>...

2c>5c[m]>4d route

*with the assumption we are raping them in the corner

6a>6b[m]>to where??

anything else that I missed?

Edited by deadsnake

I swapped out the thing in the vid with 5C > 2C > air stuff; it gets more damage. Neat.

Problem is I get Hatsu sometimes instead of jump cancel. You'll see it in stream vid. Press a 7 or 9 and hatsu comes out. unngh.

What? I'm a long way from learning how to do it. I tried to explain...
learn to crawl before you walk man did you learn how to do haku hatsu riichi a ippatsu a b yet. rather, did you attempt to try it.

litchi back dash how much of invul frame? I checked the litchi_ex.xls but only found additional backdash frame data

also, how strong is her backdash? I'm not sure when to back dash(to utilize it's invul frames), I only back dash when I need to step backwards

litchi back dash how much of invul frame? I checked the litchi_ex.xls but only found additional backdash frame data

also, how strong is her backdash? I'm not sure when to back dash(to utilize it's invul frames), I only back dash when I need to step backwards

When people try to make you throw reject miss, mostly. They'll start using delayed "A" attacks, so just backdash to avoid it.

Or on wake-up to avoid "A" attack confirms.

You can also avoid certain attacks like Hazama's Falling Fang, after IB'ing his 3C or 5B

I'm gonna stick it out. Try to recapture what I did with Baiken...

Only other character I'd main:

LINHUA-part.png

trying to see how she would play......hmmmmmmmmmm............i'd see her as a simi clone of litchi (like mu to nu/lambda and relius to carl) only insted of a staff she'll fight with a whip/rope. the reson why note how all the simi clone are related to each other in a way (relius being carls father mu, nu, lambda being clones of saya) so it kinda make sence she works with litchi........right?

and by simi clones i dont mean clones exactly, you guys know that right (for the last couple months people have been misinterpreting what i say >.>)

Edited by E3vE3 WAZ HEA

trying to see how she would play......hmmmmmmmmmm............i'd see her as a simi clone of litchi (like mu to nu/lambda and relius to carl) only insted of a staff she'll fight with a whip/rope. the reson why note how all the simi clone are related to each other in a way (relius being carls father mu, nu, lambda being clones of saya) so it kinda make sence she works with litchi........right?

and by simi clones i dont mean clones exactly, you guys know that right (for the last couple months people have been misinterpreting what i say >.>)

I don't know. I see her as more of a hand-to-hand fighter. She seemss ot be the kind of person who'd grow up into a fighter. (although, I DO dig the rope idea you just had)

She cares about Litchi a lot, and I'm sure seeing Litchi turn to the dark side, or maybe when Litchi finally reveals the worst of herself, would spark Linhua to learn the same arts Litchi did. (Where DID Litchi pick up all those moves?)

Unfortunately, Linhua has been around for two games and has already been out-characterized by Roy without Roy ever even appearing. I'm sure she'd be fun and awesome, though.

PS: Dat Fang.

I don't know. I see her as more of a hand-to-hand fighter. She seemss ot be the kind of person who'd grow up into a fighter. (although, I DO dig the rope idea you just had)

She cares about Litchi a lot, and I'm sure seeing Litchi turn to the dark side, or maybe when Litchi finally reveals the worst of herself, would spark Linhua to learn the same arts Litchi did. (Where DID Litchi pick up all those moves?)

Unfortunately, Linhua has been around for two games and has already been out-characterized by Roy without Roy ever even appearing. I'm sure she'd be fun and awesome, though.

PS: Dat Fang.

hmmmm..true she could have the same move set as litchi staffless and have no staff. (i say rope/whip because chains/whips/anything lose in that catagory is my favorite whepon, i just dont like how haz uses it though>.> more like an ivy style would be good)

cool bg story bruah, that could be a good reason why Linhua starts to fight to help litchi, she had to have followed litchi at time so im sure she MUST have picked up some of her moves on the dl

as for litchi learning how to fight, didnt they explain that or am i imagining things (damn you bad memory i always forget the good stuff hmph)