vs Tao 4/6

vs Noel 5.5/4.5

vs Carl 4/6

vs Relius 5.5/4.5

vs Tager 5.5/4.5

sauce pls >:3

Another question;

(Staff in corner)

5B > 6B > 2C > 3C > [Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > 2 > jB > jHatsu > Haku > Chun >] 5B > 6C (1) > 4Kote > Ender

I'm assuming there is a better combo to use then this, I looked briefly through the Combo thread and couldn't find anything on it, ayone mind giving me something better? Thanks.

5B > 6B > (2C) > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuA > B > [Haku > Hatsu >RiichiA > j.2B > j.Hatsu > Haku > Chun > 5B > 6C(1) > 4kote > Ender] / [5D > Chun > 6D > 5D > 6A > (6B[m]) > 6D > Ender]

99% sure these work, might be something better for second option.

as in, i played a lot of games, watched a lot of matches, read up a lot, talked to a bunch of people, and came up to this conclusion

So by this matchup list your saying that Litchi is the most balanced person in the game? lol

Litchi is so balanced she's balanced for other characters!

Looking forward to more info and advice on Lambda, Valk, Rachel and Tsubaki

Edited by Star-Demon

Shounen vs. Hima on XBL pretty much gave me a good amount for the vs. Valk match-up.

I play a lot of Lambdas so I'm okay with that. Bit scared of Rachel & Tao though.

You live in Toyko right? Do you play often at an arcade? In other words, are you on Jourdal/Pktazn's channels? I am collecting Litchi footage for me Litchi folder and I only have matches from LK/sG/Fio/Hane (No Shounen, hard to find his matches - I just join his XBL lobby as a spectator instead =P) and it'd be nice to have another Litchi player.

School just started today in Tokyo (yay!!) and my schedule for school and work (job) are alot more flexible this semester so I will be at Alpha station tomm night. I'm also able to go to Shinjuku sportsland Wednesdays and Tachikawa on Fri/Sat now. It was a bummer I barely was able to enter tourneys last semester but now that I can I'm def gonna go HAM. Plus dat P4U & KOF/MVC3.

LKaaaaayyyy Gaurd point isn't winning versus sub600 ragnas...

ragna - need a lot of experience, but once you get it, it's even, use guard point against EVERYONE up till around 600 psr level, guard point is too good, you need good neutral too

Oh.

The good news is I fought Vice Taicho again and did better than last time. Sadly, I still got blowed up because I don't know how to play this game.

So by this matchup list your saying that Litchi is the most balanced person in the game? lol

if you practice hard and play a lot and work hard with her, you can win

this matchup chart is only if you're top level though, if you're a weak player ragna and hakumen and tao will destroy you, carl, arakune and rachel become unwinnable

when cs2 came out, i was pretty upset with litchi, but i didnt understand her. later, i would find out that she outdamaged cs1 litchi, had extremely powerful corrner okizeme, and my problem was that i didnt figure out "ok, if my char is good in the corner, what should i do to get them there quickly?"

this resulted in me using more throws, 4d, fishing for 2c/6b ch, putting down the stick more, etc

however, in EX, this is not necessarily the case! it is even harder to do this in EX. in fact, there isn't really any "oh, ill hit them with this and take them to the corner" move that isn't really specific (j2d/6b ch etc), making it harder to accomplish her goal

on top of that, she does less damage! the only real buffs (outside gatlings/proration changes) that she got was more hitstun on the staff return and guard point being scrubbier than before

on top of that, okizeme is overall weaker, no matter what people say about CS1 litchi, her greatest strength was the consistent threat of A+ okizeme, but CS2 litchi definitely had the stronger oki, 4700 for high and 5300 for low (5700 for valk/tager/hakumen/arakune)

for EX litchi, high/low damage off kokushi is passable, but there is a pretty big problem

basically if there was ever some technique/move that could beat daisharin, you could prepare a counter for it. from there the opponent had to A) try their escape B) respect and block, which was fine. even basic 138xxx setup had an escape (you could just jump out of it, no one in US ever did though lol)

but for kokushi, if a character can beat kokushi, there is usually no way around it besides using meterless okizeme, and most of the time meterless okizeme damage can be meh (especially if you use 2b for the low)

in previous versions, meterless oki damage was good, the only detriment from using it was that you only got 1 mixup oppurtunity, as opposed to several with daisharin

overall, strong/safe mixup is still strong/safe mixup, but they are emphasizing her neutral a bit too much, despite her not being a neutral char. as in, her neutral is good, but its not her specialty, but they tried to force you to be super good in neutral anyways

EX litchi is the most fair, CS2 was the most derp even though you had to be good to beat makoto/noel and super good to beat valk

LKaaaaayyyy Gaurd point isn't winning versus sub600 ragnas...

if youre on PSN, it's hard to judge people's skill based only on PSR, you gotta looked at their played games/win rate/disconnect ratio/etc

when i mentioned PSR, i meant by arcade standards

Edited by Lord Knight

but for kokushi, if a character can beat kokushi,

Who can it beaten by? Bang is one I'm guessing?

Yeah, I'm having problems with bad aggressive Hakus atm which makes me rage and switch to Plat for a salty runback. Its really hard getting used to having no true anti-air, getting beat by random airdash j2Cs make me sad. =( Gunna' be hard getting used to LI's normals there's so many of them.

if you use slide 6a -

makoto - dash particle flare

bang - dash ashura

tao - pounce super

hakumen - obv

tager - A/B sledge, magna tech, 720

jin - yukikaze

rachel - wind

carl - brio

relius - orb super

some of these can be dealt with

Arcades have PSR?

So anyways, the basic Idea for CSE is to somehow get some elite neutral game and use the remaining strong tools she has left?

The problem is that so many characters get in and out easily and some just don't have to give a shit. This seems like an fundamentally uphill fight.

Looks like I really need to watch a good litchi as if I'm interested in watching. I like watching Guilty Gear a lot, I really can't muster the motivation to look up BlazBlue matches - why is that?

Spirit Juice commentary will help. Always good having that.

Which of those does 6C 4kote 6C ender beat?

rachel wind

Arcades have PSR?

So anyways, the basic Idea for CSE is to somehow get some elite neutral game and use the remaining strong tools she has left?

The problem is that so many characters get in and out easily and some just don't have to give a shit. This seems like an fundamentally uphill fight.

Looks like I really need to watch a good litchi as if I'm interested in watching. I like watching Guilty Gear a lot, I really can't muster the motivation to look up BlazBlue matches - why is that?

Spirit Juice commentary will help. Always good having that.

the basic idea of EX is get them to the corner ASAP and hit them with kokushi mixup, abuse guard point if you can vs the char, and do the max amount of damage + corner carry off every hit, emphasis on hitconfirming counterhits

once they are in the corner you're a S tier char

arcades do have PSR

good jp litchi's to watch - shounen, chou, poppo, hane (even though his playstyle is weird), puromete, a-chan, galileo (when he's in the mood), kikuchiyo

Litchi vs Tsubaki 5/5

Curious to hear any more you have to say about this. Certainly you'd have better insight into this than me. What're the hard/easy points of this match?

Curious to hear any more you have to say about this. Certainly you'd have better insight into this than me. What're the hard/easy points of this match?

Chasing her all around the damn map only to be punished or get rushed down into unblockaables.

Personally I play versus ceruleanedge's tsubaki a lot and just zoning tsubaki out with the staff works really well since she needs to get in to do any sort of damage. When jumping in watch out for her 214 since she can get a lot of damage off of those along with 3c when rolling. 3cc rapid combos with tsubaki really hurt. Also be careful full screen when tsubaki has install stocked since she can catch you with 236d if you're not paying attention. I think the matchup is made easier if you know how tsubaki's gatlings work and know what can gatling into a low/overhead. Once you get tsubaki in the corner it's usually smooth sailing if you can keep her there.

Personally I play versus ceruleanedge's tsubaki a lot and just zoning tsubaki out with the staff works really well since she needs to get in to do any sort of damage. When jumping in watch out for her 214 since she can get a lot of damage off of those along with 3c when rolling. 3cc rapid combos with tsubaki really hurt. Also be careful full screen when tsubaki has install stocked since she can catch you with 236d if you're not paying attention. I think the matchup is made easier if you know how tsubaki's gatlings work and know what can gatling into a low/overhead. Once you get tsubaki in the corner it's usually smooth sailing if you can keep her there.

Addition to that , remember that Tsubaki's Pressure consists of 5A 2A + mix ups like 5b/2c -jump cancel - / Charge Cancel pressure (Like Litchii's 4kote6 cancels) , She can't do Much but depends on how the opponent uses her.

Also a Nasty Unblockable set-up for tsubaki in the corner (Or Near Corner)If she has 3 install Gauges she can do J.236D > J214.D (on block) and Charged 22D Unblockable

Im just gona throw that out there ,she can do it on anyone but im just mentioning it