Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CS1-CSE] Litchi General Discussion

star:

You can land itsuu if you know when to use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hMdBp4RuuA&list=UU6HRRFi6rtG5n2hZzqM4jag&index=5&feature=plcp

I made this a while back ... it might help you with the positioning to get ippatsu.

and for a very fast Dash Haku, input 2366A

For blocked itsuuA, I usually 5A twice then go for 6A for overhead or 2B/3C for low

if people mash out during 6A or 2B/3C, then frame trap them with 2C.

same principle applies to the other two versions of itsuu; if they respect, go for mixup ... if they don't frame trap them.

I remember that vid!

I noticed a lot of normals were special cancelled into itsuu. If that still works I should try that, just to have a way to do things I can do and have more things I can do.

I usually try to create a situation where I can read a jump and use ItsuuA. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

also remember itsuu has a hit box behind her do if they try to cross u up, they'll eat damage u give off of itsuu a

hakumen rapes litchi ... this matchup sucks

On what planet? Disrespect him.

On what planet? Disrespect him.

Didn't seem to work out for Chou in that last round, did it?

D is for Disrespect. As in Hakumen's D.

BTW matchup is even, except for the part where he hits D and and the part where gets meter for nothing.

hakumen rapes litchi ... this matchup sucks

Huh? Not even..It's a 5-5 matchup.

I think I respect too much when pressuring and my pressure strings are somewhat fixed which makes D'ing somewhat easy for him.

what oki and finisher is best to use against him in the corner? of course, the inability to use kokushi is a huge minus in this matchup and daisharin doesn't do much in EX. His health is just too much and litchi's average damage doesn't help.

I'll try to upload some matches of me vs haku and let you guys critique my gameplay, but it won't be anytime soon.

any oki setups midscreen/fullscreen?

midscreen all l have is after tsubame, 9 deep j.b into whatever. it's good, but its doing a horrible job at stopping tech rolls (l bet thats just me though). plus, l have nothing for 3c ender except 2d(d)/5(d) and these have been extremely improv since l have no idea what to do after, and stick cover feels like it just isnt enough sometimes.

corner i'm looking for meterless oki, kokushi is boring as hell.

any notable litchi's with strong, varible oki?

I have one against backrolls after fullscreen/midscreen tsubame knockdown (ppl love to back roll in that situation)

4Kote > 5D > IAD j.b > 6C(1) > chun > 66 [m] 5B > 2C > 6D (1) > slide 5C > 2C > etc

delay j.b so 6C connects, the rest is cake

I'll share more later ... gotta go now

@atg, thanks :>

l completely forgot about chaoto's vids theres a few setups in there l could use as well.

corner i'm looking for meterless oki, kokushi is boring as hell.

How is almost unblockable rape boring? o_O Seriously Kokushi success rate is like 90% lol.

how do you handle Jin's safe jump setups? like the one after DP ender and ice car A. are there ways to escape after/before blocking j.2C?

also how is dash j.kote done? I saw LK do it in a couple of matches to bait tech throws. I always get j.D or high jump kote.

how do you handle Jin's safe jump setups? like the one after DP ender and ice car A. are there ways to escape after/before blocking j.2C?

also how is dash j.kote done? I saw LK do it in a couple of matches to bait tech throws. I always get j.D or high jump kote.

1) ...its a safe jump for a reason...whats wrong with having to just block? Maybe there is some rps escape but i wouldnt throw away a round on it. dont get blown up.

2) I do dash j.kote manually. (66923D/669421D/66721D).

l agree with mynus. l mean, it's not he has mixup lol (although in theiory, maybe he can set up a fuzzy guard from a deep j.2c? o.o) there's no serious harm in blocking him unless he has 50 heat but the overhead is easily telegraphed.

How is almost unblockable rape boring? o_O Seriously Kokushi success rate is like 90% lol.

it used to be fun doing this but everyone gets hit by 5a(w) 3c. it's more like 95% of people for me rofl. and then they get hit by 5a(w) 6a. no one tries to roll out or counter it they just let me do it and it usually means the round. i'm all for winning but it wouldn't hurt to learn something more fancy

l agree with mynus. l mean, it's not he has mixup lol (although in theiory, maybe he can set up a fuzzy guard from a deep j.2c? o.o) there's no serious harm in blocking him unless he has 50 heat but the overhead is easily telegraphed.
Yea he can fuzzy guard off of deep j.2C with jc j.2C but you can instant barrier the first j.2C and cause the j.D after the fuzzy j.2C to whiff for a free combo.

it used to be fun doing this but everyone gets hit by 5a(w) 3c. it's more like 95% of people for me rofl. and then they get hit by 5a(w) 6a. no one tries to roll out or counter it they just let me do it and it usually means the round. i'm all for winning but it wouldn't hurt to learn something more fancy

Do a fuzzy guard during it, lol.

You cant roll out of Kokushi, unless you enjoy dying faster lol. I personally love kokushi, its not even as bad as daisharin was, im taking whatever i can get to fuck ppl up!

BTW if ppl are escaping your kokushi setups here is a vid Cha0t0 made regarding character specific options to get out of kokushi, and what you can do to counter them. Some are very char specific but I would recommend learning all of them, and even switching them up on chars. in which you dont even need to just to throw them off a little bit.

Here's the vid: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18240163

You cant roll out of Kokushi, unless you enjoy dying faster lol. I personally love kokushi, its not even as bad as daisharin was, im taking whatever i can get to fuck ppl up!

BTW if ppl are escaping your kokushi setups here is a vid Cha0t0 made regarding character specific options to get out of kokushi, and what you can do to counter them. Some are very char specific but I would recommend learning all of them, and even switching them up on chars. in which you dont even need to just to throw them off a little bit.

Here's the vid: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18240163

I know it's a lot to ask, but can someone give a quick summary of what's new in this vid that isn't in our kokushi thread?

ItsuuA > 4kote > 6A > Kokushi isn't listed in the thread. That's pretty much it. Useful video for people who enjoy visually learning things.