Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CS1-CSE] Litchi General Discussion

I havent watched gods garden yet...but, why the zero hype in here?

no litchis?

In the year 2012, our lord and savior Shounen defeated the fiend Ryuuto and took the team tournament in GG#7. Enough hype for you?:toot:

Also this is Shounen General now.

implying Puro didn't get his shit stomped, sorry but Shounen is just overall the better player. Also this is Shounen General.

shounen > puromete, puromete is close in skill though

tbh he just looked really nervous in godsgarden losers finals, also he fucked up vs konan real bad, shoulda went to game 3

...but he won SOB so it's all good

Both Shounen and Puromete fought Litchis worst matchups several times in a row that night.

Keep in mind I said "right now" - Shounen is da god, but I definitely recognize something more concrete to take away from Puro right now.

Is it okay to bind rapid macros in this game? I find it much easier to do some things now that I've tried it. I play on pad, so it's pretty hard to rapid the have a dash 5B or an itsuuA ready.

xxx > 2C Rapid ItsuuA > 6kote > 3C Haku hatsu reachA > ippaatsu > XXX

If you play on pad there's nothing wrong with binding a macro for rapid cancels, I did that back when I was still a pad player too, it's fully accepted in the FGC. I'm not sure if it's in BB but in GG the macro caused a 2-frame delay that wasn't present when manually roman canceling but obviously due to the games lack of FRCs it shouldn't result in a problem.

If you play on pad there's nothing wrong with binding a macro for rapid cancels, I did that back when I was still a pad player too, it's fully accepted in the FGC. I'm not sure if it's in BB but in GG the macro caused a 2-frame delay that wasn't present when manually roman canceling but obviously due to the games lack of FRCs it shouldn't result in a problem.

Okay, I've been avoiding it because I'm not sure if it's looked down upon or illegal.

Now to just get some discipline to carry out those 2C rapids on the spot.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude......

so i was playing right and i was playing litchi (obviously) and i was being pressured by lambda, so i was going to do a CA but here's what happened, My CA clashed with lambda 6c and i was like dude and my friend (who i was in a party with) saw it and he was like DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE (so i have a witness) but like an idiot i forgot to record it *facepalm* so yeah, just thought i'd share this who know's it could come in handy.

In the year 2012, our lord and savior Shounen defeated the fiend Ryuuto and took the team tournament in GG#7. Enough hype for you?:toot:

Also this is Shounen General now.

O___O

I got hyped enough to quote your post to my local forum/circle

Is it okay to bind rapid macros in this game? I find it much easier to do some things now that I've tried it. I play on pad, so it's pretty hard to rapid the have a dash 5B or an itsuuA ready.

xxx > 2C Rapid ItsuuA > 6kote > 3C Haku hatsu reachA > ippaatsu > XXX

I've been using macros since CT and I don't think there are any game(FG especially) that forbids you from using them, you should abuse macros :v

I want to ruminate a bit, since I have absolutely no one to talk to about this to get some perspective.

February to Now, I think I'm better, but I'm still nowhere's as near as good as I need to be. I feel kinda stuck, but it's a better kind of stuck, or maybe I'm comfortable with being stuck for a bit. I certainly don't like the fact I'm a public joke - it really drives me nuts, but it is what it is, sometimes. Every community needs a joke member, so they just kinda form them and it sticks nicely. Okay, that's just the hand I've been dealt.

As for this character, it's incredibly frustrating when you learn things and can't apply them because you're being forced to block so much. Any sort of lapse or distraction and you'll eat about 4-5k, and either lose the staff, be getting ready to deal with a 50/50 or an unblockable, or fail to see the player's grab setup - worst of all be in corner.

Why do I have to work so hard for corner? I can confirm a lot of hits but if I'm spaced wrong there's not much I can do without taking a great amount of risk. If I don't get wallbounce I have to open them up again. Unless I use escape after a staffless confirm I risk getting DPed unless I block and let them have a turn, which means I will be cornered again...

Bah - I guess "You just have to be good"...

I don't know what I'm missing, but if it only comes from play or practice it's just not coming. I can talk about different situations or stuff all day but ultimately there's just something wrong with *me*, and I'm just running round in circles trying to figure it all out and do better and it feels like I'm the only one that doesn't get it. I'm really tired of seeing new litchis pass me by and move on to get respect and more wins and I'm still figuring things out.

Edited by Star-Demon

I want to ruminate a bit, since I have absolutely no one to talk to about this to get some perspective.

February to Now, I think I'm better, but I'm still nowhere's as near as good as I need to be. I feel kinda stuck, but it's a better kind of stuck, or maybe I'm comfortable with being stuck for a bit. I certainly don't like the fact I'm a public joke - it really drives me nuts, but it is what it is, sometimes. Every community needs a joke member, so they just kinda form them and it sticks nicely. Okay, that's just the hand I've been dealt.

As for this character, it's incredibly frustrating when you learn things and can't apply them because you're being forced to block so much. Any sort of lapse or distraction and you'll eat about 4-5k, and either lose the staff, be getting ready to deal with a 50/50 or an unblockable, or fail to see the player's grab setup - worst of all be in corner.

Why do I have to work so hard for corner? I can confirm a lot of hits but if I'm spaced wrong there's not much I can do without taking a great amount of risk. If I don't get wallbounce I have to open them up again. Unless I use escape after a staffless confirm I risk getting DPed unless I block and let them have a turn, which means I will be cornered again...

Bah - I guess "You just have to be good"...

I don't know what I'm missing, but if it only comes from play or practice it's just not coming. I can talk about different situations or stuff all day but ultimately there's just something wrong with *me*, and I'm just running round in circles trying to figure it all out and do better and it feels like I'm the only one that doesn't get it. I'm really tired of seeing new litchis pass me by and move on to get respect and more wins and I'm still figuring things out.

add me and then you will feel better.

I just started picking up litchi, and I've been wondering.

In corner combos, which is better overall?

X>D~Release>236C>(Staff 2nd hit)>6D>5B>6C(1)>421D>Ect

or

X>D~Release>236C>(Staff 2nd hit)>2C(Staff)>6D(1)>5C>2C>6C(1)>421D>Ect

I just started picking up litchi, and I've been wondering.

In corner combos, which is better overall?

X>D~Release>236C>(Staff 2nd hit)>6D>5B>6C(1)>421D>Ect

or

X>D~Release>236C>(Staff 2nd hit)>2C(Staff)>6D(1)>5C>2C>6C(1)>421D>Ect

i'd say the first one since it's easier and don't have to worry about dropping it o.o never new you can do the second one xD

off of a regular FC combo, second one gives more heat and does 3700 damage.

First one does 3653

If I wait a bit before 2C(Staff) to make it hit while my opponent is lower and then make the rest of the combo follow the top one, it gives 3723 damage.

Combos are:

5C(FC)>2C>3C>236A>236B>64321A>staff.A>staff.B>D~Release>236C>Staff 2nd Hit>6D>5B>6C>421D>j.5B>dj.5B>j.5C>j.D>falling j.5C>66A>Staff Set (3653 damage)

5C(FC)>2C>3C>236A>236B>64321A>staff.A>staff.B>D~Release>236C>Staff 2nd Hit>2C>6D(1)>5C>2C>6C(1)>421D>j.5B>dj.5B>j.5C>j.D>falling j.5C>66A>Staff Set (3700 Damage)

5C(FC)>2C>3C>236A>236B>64321A>staff.A>staff.B>D~Release>236C>Staff 2nd Hit>Wait~2C>6D>5B>6C>421D>j.5B>dj.5B>j.5C>j.D>falling j.5C>66A>Staff Set (3723 Damage)

edit: Last one is fatal only. Other 2 work without fatal.

Oki Combo:

Mine:

Staff Release>6A/3C>236A>Staff 2nd Hit>6D>236B>63214A>staff.A>staff.b>D~Release>236C>Staff 2nd Hit>2C>6D(1)>5C>2C>6C(1)>421D>j.5B>dj.5B>j.5C>j.D>falling j.5C>66A>Staff Set (3201(6A) or 3213(3C) Damage)

Standard:

Staff Release>6A/3C>236A>Staff 2nd Hit>6D>236B>64321A>staff.A>staff.B>D~Release>236C>Staff 2nd Hit>6D>5B>6C>421D>j.5B>dj.5B>j.5C>j.D>falling j.5C>66A>Staff Set (3163(6A) or 3175(3C) Damage)

Edited by someonewhodied

off of a regular FC combo, second one gives more heat and does 3700 damage.

First one does 3653

If I wait a bit before 2C(Staff) to make it hit while my opponent is lower and then make the rest of the combo follow the top one, it gives 3723 damage.

Combos are:

5C(FC)>2C>3C>236A>236B>64321A>staff.A>staff.B>D~Release>236C>Staff 2nd Hit>6D>5B>6C>421D>j.5B>dj.5B>j.5C>j.D>falling j.5C>66A>Staff Set (3653 damage)

5C(FC)>2C>3C>236A>236B>64321A>staff.A>staff.B>D~Release>236C>Staff 2nd Hit>2C>6D(1)>5C>2C>6C(1)>421D>j.5B>dj.5B>j.5C>j.D>falling j.5C>66A>Staff Set (3700 Damage)

5C(FC)>2C>3C>236A>236B>64321A>staff.A>staff.B>D~Release>236C>Staff 2nd Hit>Wait~2C>6D>5B>6C>421D>j.5B>dj.5B>j.5C>j.D>falling j.5C>66A>Staff Set (3723 Damage)

ooooooooooo FC i though you meant on regular hit....

that's real interesting though. never thought of waiting then go into 2c[m]

Updated post. Last one is fatal only, others work without fatal.

Edit: Here is a fun combo that just looks cool:

Staff Release>6A/3C>236A>6D>6C>421D>D Release>j.5B>j.5C>6D>Standard Ender.

The horizontal staff midcombo just looks awesome.

Edited by someonewhodied