Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CS1] Iron Tager Combo Thread

i have recently been experimenting with tager's astral heat. one significant find is that off a counter hit 6A you can combo astral heat. this also is possible off of a 6C in the corner or if you are close enough to the opponent but work very well if they are magnetized. next I will try to do an air throw into astral heat lol. I will let you guys know if it succeeds.

sounds good, just finished taping 5 out of the 6 air throws. I'll start working on the new bnb's soon :)

btw, its looking real nice :) One day tager boards will look better than ragna's.

yes it will, thanks for the input man, I couldn't have done it without you.

also if its any problems with the notations then let me know, I will correct them ASAP.

Air Throw Combo

Air Throw > 5C > 623C > 623C (whiff) > 6B > 2C > 623C > 236B > 22D [3884]

^ Magnetized, works on Arakune, Taokaka, Rachel and Hakumen

Air Throw > JC > 5C > 623C > 623C (whiff) > 6B > 2C > 623C > 236B > 22D [3953]

^ Magnetized, works on all characters.

Air Throw > 2B > 2C > 623C > JC (whiff) > J2C > 22D [3222]

^ Works on all characters.

Air Throw > J2C > 2B > 2C > 623C > JC (whiff) > J2C > 22D

Air Throw > JC > 5C > 623C > JC (whiff) > J2C > 22D

couldn't get the last one listed in the thread for some reason.. the 6B > 2C doesn't connect for me

love the thread. tons of info. Are there no spoiler tags you can put on the combos to clean it up though. It's kinda of wall-of-texty. Just an idle thought.

great work.

so spoil over some notes?

it doesn't look so wall of texty to me but I suppose I can space it out if you like.

i'm not saying "omg i can't read this"

it's just that when i want to get to 1 specific combo it takes awhile just to find it.

i don't even know if dustloop has spoiler tags ala srk to group the combos in, but between the BnB post and the jp wiki post, it's a lot of info to be "spawled out onto a table" as it were.

i hope you don't take this as bitching, i do appreciate all the work it takes to maintain a thread as i maintain stickies on srk.

i was just thinking about encapsulating the combos in a spoiler per combo starter.

apparently, i can't get the spoiler tags to work, i really don't know what it is for dustloop. If they aren't able to be used, indention or simply using the bullet points or wrapping it in a quote box would help to separate the blocks of combos from one another. Again, i don't mean to overstep if i have.

so spoil over some notes?

it doesn't look so wall of texty to me but I suppose I can space it out if you like.

If its not much trouble, maybe just bold the starters like you did in post 3. Like "2B / 6A Combo"

oh! I can def do that, sorry I just woke up I had this awesome ass nap.

let me get write on it.

@ salpal: this is ok, I need all the input I can get.

also spoiler is

[/spoiler.]

take away the period at the end.

Does Air Throw - 2B - 2C - 623C - JC (whiff) - J2C - 22D really work on all characters? I remember that I had to do 2B > Collider on Bang cause the 2C would whiff. Or can I just move forward after the air throw to make the 2C connect?

it should, you can try to walk forward a nidge and give it a try, don't own the game but that would be great if you can check.

more bnb's - it looks like some of the videos have the same "sped up" video thing happened. It's not too bad though. It only happens when I batch encode I guess, from now on I'll do one at a time for quality purposes.

Normal throw > 236B > 5C > 2D

Normal throw > 236B > xx > 623C > 236B > 22D

Normal throw > 236B > xx > 623C > j.C whiff > j.2C

Air CH 2A > xx > 623C > 236B > 22D

Air CH 2A > xx > 623C > j.C whiff > j.2C > 22D

Air CH 2A > xx > 623C > 623C > 2B/6B > 2C > 623C > j.C whiff > j.2C > 22D

Air CH 2A > xx > 623C > 623C > 236236B > 236236B > xx > 623C

edit: can someone test those crouch only combos and see if they're character specific? I kinda want to take a break from training mode for the rest of the night :P

it should, you can try to walk forward a nidge and give it a try, don't own the game but that would be great if you can check.

I'll check when I play this game again in about 2 weeks.

Does Air Throw - 2B - 2C - 623C - JC (whiff) - J2C - 22D really work on all characters? I remember that I had to do 2B > Collider on Bang cause the 2C would whiff. Or can I just move forward after the air throw to make the 2C connect?

If you walk forward slightly it will work on Haku, Carl, and Rachel. It doesn't seem to work at all on Makoto or Bang, gotta do 2B collider on Bang. Not even walk 2B collider works on Makoto. I'm at a friends house so I can't test Mu.

edit: Tested Mu, you don't have to walk, works fine.

You can also add a 6A after the 5C for the OTG j.B combos. The 6A probably whiffs on a few characters though.

Update on this. I tested the combo:

2B / 6A > 2C > 623C > JC (whiff) > JB > 5C > 623C > JC (whiff) > lowest J2C > 22D [3417 / 3617]

You can add a 6A after the 5C to increase the damage. If you start with 6A, it does 3730.

Just a few notes

- You have to walk forward a bit after the first collider for the following characters, otherwise 6A will whiff: Bang, Arakune, Jin, Ragna, Taokaka, Tager

- You don't have to walk forward for Rachel

- On Haku-men I cannot get the 6A to connect at all, so don't even try.

On Lambda, Tager and Arakune you can do the following magnetismless combo for similar damage:

6A > 2C > 623C > JC (whiff) > lowest J2C > 2B > 623C > JC (whiff) > lowest J2C > 22D [3638]

You need to walk forward a pixel when performing this on Lambda, otherwise the second collider will whiff.

If you're having trouble with the j.B combos, the key to performing these consistently is to get the j.C out as soon as you jump and take advantage of BBCS's advanced input feature (i.e. 5 frame turbo). Hold B to get the j.B out and hold C a bit after your j.B comes out to make sure the 5C links properly.

0 heat no eg - 3307 and 23 heat :2c, 5c, 6a, jc(miss), j2c(lowest), 22d

or 236 b, 22d

22+heat no eg - 3921 & -14 heat :2c, 5c, 6a, 236b, 236a, rc, 6c, 623c, 236b, 22d

or jc(miss), j2c(lowest), 22d

22+heat no eg - 3939 & -9 heat :2c, 5c, 6a, 236b, 236a, rc, 6c, 623c, 236b, 236a

0 heat no eg - 4084 & 46 heat :2c, 5c, 6a, jc(miss), j2c(lowest), 5b, 5c, 623c, 236b, 236a

0 heat no eg - 4024 & 42 heat :2c, 5c, 6a, 623c, jc(miss), j2c(lowest), 5b, 5c, 623c, 236b, 22d

0 heat no eg and they are mag - 3941 & 39 heat :2c, 5c, 6a, 623c, 632c(miss), 6b, 2c, 623c, 236b, 22d

0 heat no eg and they are mag - 4002 & 44 heat :2c, 5c, 6a, 623c, 632c(miss), 6b, 2c, 623c, 236b, 236a

42 heat no eg and they are mag - 4016 :2c, 2c, 236236b

0 heat full eg - 4028 & 50 heat :2c, 5c, 6a, 623c, 41236d, 2c, 623c, 623c(miss), 6b, 2c, 623c

15 >heat< 65 heat full eg - 4594 & -5 heat :2c, 5c, 6a, 623c, 41236d, 2c, 623c, 623c(miss), 236236b

65+ heat full eg - 5294 :2c, 5c, 6a, 623c, 41236d, 2c, 623c, 623c(miss), 236236b, 236,236b, 22d

astral setup 60 heat+ and opponent has more than 3887(works on all air tech) :2c, 5c, 6a, 623c, 236b, 41236d, 2c, 623c, 623c(miss), 1080d

Are theses fc combos any good

On Lambda, Tager and Arakune you can do the following magnetismless combo for similar damage:

6A > 2C > 623C > JC (whiff) > lowest J2C > 2B > 623C > JC (whiff) > lowest J2C > 22D [3638]

You need to walk forward a pixel when performing this on Lambda, otherwise the second collider will whiff.

This also works on Litchi the same way as on Lambda.

I can't test those combo's don't own the game yet.

but so far none of them look too useful.

some else verify!

Looking at the first couple of pages it's clear a lot of work went into this but I was thinking (mostly for my own use) of compiling all of the combos into a more easily printed format. If other people are interested in this what would the format preference be? Your choices are Microsoft Word document, PDF or an Excel table.

you can get great damage if you use spark in your combo's another thing spark as a starter prorates bad so its better to use it on a non-mag short combo.

then again you will always have mag if you use 4D in some of your blockstrings.

for example: 5A>5B>4D it does a small bit of damage but it actually combo's.

I didn't put it in the guide because of...I don't know.

I'll add a couple things later after I come back from the market.

PDF is the design standard, so I prefer that format. (btw thanks in advance if you do create it)

PDF is fine for the final version. However right now I'm finding it easier to format things in Excel and I'm worried about trying to import the table as I, given its width, would rather it where landscape rather than portrait in the orientation.

Also for lulz: 6A>2C>623C>41236C>Astral!!!

PDF is the design standard, so I prefer that format. (btw thanks in advance if you do create it)

It's coming along though the 2C section looks like a bit of a disaster at the moment.