Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CS1] Iron Tager Combo Thread

Hey all. I've got a question about using negative edge in CS. I've been trying to do Gadget finger > RC > 623C and I always find myself doing it too slow, but then I got to thinking (sometimes dangerous). Back in GGAC I could FRC Potemkin's buster and do the input for HPB and just let up on S (while keeping P and K held down) and the HPB would come out and combo from the buster (not a particularly necessary combo, but fun to do). But when I tried to do that in BB by doing gadget finger > [ABC] > 623]C[ , the AC never comes out. Did they remove that ability to negative edge the input? or am I just terrible at inputs?

your suppose to do 623A+B+C>C and the collider will come out...timing it is the tricky part.

There is no negative edge in BB except for Carl D moves and Arakune bugs.
And Litchi's staff, but this is nitpicking.

Axis is right, timing is the hardest part. But GF RC AC is easiest for me by doing 623, keep holding the 3 and hit [ABC]x2. Kinda like Pot Buster FRC 2S was hold 2 and hit [PKS]x2. It depends on button priority to work, but both work.

i actually do 6+abc 23+abc after the RC. just sayin'

there are a ton of ways to get it to come out. Just work it out in training and figure out which way feels best to you.

Video references for the following combos:

360A > 2B > 623C > JC (whiff) > J2C > 22D [3781]

^ Works on Tager

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymWRD6ZHJSY

JD air CH > 623C > 623C (whiff) > 236236B > 236236B > 5C > 41236D > 2C > 623C [7030]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyKIrXVYBUE

I'll post and test some more combos when I have the time.

Looking forward to seeing that guide. This threads need a sticky.

Bwahahaha. Let's see if this works. Here's version 1.00. It's basically a compilation (hopefully w/redundancies removed) of the combos listed in this thread. Right now the PDF Converter is being a bitch so it's a giant Excel table (here's Open Office for those who don't have or don't feel like pirating Excel). Please PM me with issues that you spot so that I can make changes as needed. Currently if you want to print the document the only way that everything fits on the page will be to print it in landscape format on legal (8.5"x14") paper as I didn't think that making everything in teensy weensy eye-strain-o-vision was a good idea just to save space.

Here we go: Iron Tager Combo Table ver. 1.00

And here (ugh) is a PDF version: Iron Tager Combo Table ver. 1.00 PDF

Looks decent so far. Hopefully you could add the damage values that are already listed? It'd be great if someone with BBCS could add the meter and magnetism gain for each combo as well.

It looks pretty good. Like heavy said you should add dmg. I might work on filling in some missing heat and dmg. Oh yeah, I noticed a really small typo. Under note: at the very top you put in b sledge as 235 instead of 236.

Also there are some combos that definitely require magnetism that have a 'no' in the Mag. column. Not bad otherwise.

P.S. thanks for the gf>rc>ac help guys

Was wondering if anyone could let me know how viable the Tager challenges are. Should I be able to bust those out on command in matches or are they mostly just fluff combos? parts of them show up in this thread, but some are just really tight timing that online lag/smallest miscue on timing means you drop it (j.c, 2c, b, spark bolt for example is really tight timing and landing so that b can actually hit and you have time to get the bolt to connect off the b in one of the later challenges). Should I bother learning from these or just go with whats in the combo thread for practice/training?

j.C whiff>j.2c (Instant Elbow), AC>AC whiff>stuff, and Gadget enders are the most notable viable bits. I don't remember the exact challenges but one with airthrow>j.C>stuff probably won't be worth remembering. Their version of a Fatal combo is also pretty silly even though it teaches the mechanics. xB>Spark is also very usable.

Like the CT bonus disk combos: it's a place to start. The most important part of Tager that challenge mode will teach you is Collider whiff.

Hey guys, three questions. Sorry if these have already been posted, but I didn't see it in the first five pages.

1) What's the best combo off of 3C?

2) What's the best combo off of 5C?

3) 6A > 2C > 236C > 236B > what's the best continuation?

As you can tell, I'm a beginner Tager, but even in my first day of playing him online I'm doing far better than my Arakune ever did.

Hey guys, three questions. Sorry if these have already been posted, but I didn't see it in the first five pages.

1) What's the best combo off of 3C?

2) What's the best combo off of 5C?

3) 6A > 2C > 236C > 236B > what's the best continuation?

As you can tell, I'm a beginner Tager, but even in my first day of playing him online I'm doing far better than my Arakune ever did.

The answer to all three is situational and character specific. 3C can be comboed into 2B 2C at a lot of distances. For Tager and rachel you can also combo it into 5C. At some distances on certain characters the best you can hope for is 5B 4D or gadget.

5C at decently far away, no counterhit, no spark bolt or even meter, doesn't really combo into anything. Very situational in that sense, but I guess spark would pretty much always combo if you have it.

Actually you moved a little too far there. 6A 2C 623C has a bunch of character specific follow ups without magnetism. I'm still trying to get all of them straight, personally. If that's too confusing I think 6A 2C 623C walk a little bit 236B 2B collider work on everyone I've tried it on so far and isn't terribly hard to do. You could go for 236B 22D after, but gadgets kinda dangerous so you could also do 2D. There are other options too, so it's hard to pick a "best".

Yeah, that's exactly what I was needing. I only figured out my "combos" through experience, so I figured there must be better ones out there. I didn't know about either of those two combos so that will help me out a lot.

What about combos off of Spark Bolt? I know the first post says Spark Bolt > Collider, but whenever I try to do that they bounce back too low for the collider to catch them. Any other combos off of that? (I've been using... uh... Spark Bolt > 4D I think).

check the FAQ near the top of the thread.

I clarified that xx in combo notation means 5C/5C>6A/2C or other filler in a combo.

but due to a lack of clarification on my part the video didn't have 5C/5C>6A/2C in there.

its mostly my fault in that, iOryan hasn't had time to fix it though.

sorry.

Ah. Yeah, that makes sense, it's like one of the challenges in mission... uh... 4 I think? But yeah adding the 6C/5A makes sense. After Collider it just becomes a Collider combo?

yeah if its starting from spark.

the spark combo is 41236D>5C/5C>6A/2C>623C>623C whiff>6B>2C>623C>236B>22D

also wanna say that some combo's even with spark in it may not combo as easily as others.

Ok, I follow what you're saying, but I'll have to practice it. I already know that I have trouble with the Collider Whiff combos. :-/

Are there any characters that whiffed AC>6B>MTW won't work on, or do I just suck at getting the MTW out fast enough?

I'm guessing it's the latter, since it's me, but just want some confirmation.

yeah if its starting from spark.

the spark combo is 41236D>5C/5C>6A/2C>623C>623C whiff>6B>2C>623C>236B>22D

also wanna say that some combo's even with spark in it may not combo as easily as others.

Spark bolt 5C>6A>623C>623C whiff>6B>2C>623C>236B>22D Doesn't combo. They can tech after the second collider if you use 6A at all (5C>6A/6A/6A>2C). You need to 5C or 2C before the first collider, or skip straight to the collider, or they tech before the sledge. Might need a note or something.

Spark bolt 5C>6A>623C>623C whiff>6B>2C>623C>236B>22D Doesn't combo. They can tech after the second collider if you use 6A at all (5C>6A/6A/6A>2C). You need to 5C or 2C before the first collider, or skip straight to the collider, or they tech before the sledge. Might need a note or something.

Do they tech before sledge comes out, or before sledge hits?

If it had tight timing you could probably do something with that.