Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CS1] Iron Tager Combo Thread

I remember doing that combo...well I'll check next time I play.

anyways I'll take it I'm wrong this time.

it was just an example of how spark combo's work is all.

Do they tech before sledge comes out, or before sledge hits?

If it had tight timing you could probably do something with that.

They tech before it hits, to the point I suppose you could counterhit someone who mashes tech a little too hard.

Actually I just did the combo last night with the 6A several times and it came up red but it depends on your distance from them when you use Spark Bolt. I dropped a few with 6A if I was too close (6A pulls them behind you) or too far (6A misses) so for me it was safer to just use a 5C > 623C.

Ok, newb question. How in the world do you get the second part of 236236B to hit? I've been inputting the dang thing as fast as I can (in matches and in practice) and it still apparently comes out too slow.

Actually I just did the combo last night with the 6A several times and it came up red but it depends on your distance from them when you use Spark Bolt. I dropped a few with 6A if I was too close (6A pulls them behind you) or too far (6A misses) so for me it was safer to just use a 5C > 623C.

Ok, newb question. How in the world do you get the second part of 236236B to hit? I've been inputting the dang thing as fast as I can (in matches and in practice) and it still apparently comes out too slow.

Of course the 6A hits in a spark combo. The problem is that it doesn't let you Bsledge after the second collider.

As for spinny, you're doing it Way too fast. If they are still flying up when you start the punch you'll miss entirely almost always. I try to get it at the peak of their bounce. I hate that they shrank the window for the input though so some combos with it are really weird.

Of course the 6A hits in a spark combo. The problem is that it doesn't let you Bsledge after the second collider.

I dunno... I swear I did it at least once yesterday, but it could have just been a 5C > 623C. Or it coulda gone blue on me without me noticing.

As for spinny, you're doing it Way too fast. If they are still flying up when you start the punch you'll miss entirely almost always. I try to get it at the peak of their bounce. I hate that they shrank the window for the input though so some combos with it are really weird.

Oh, I'm doing it too fast! Here I thought I was somehow inputting it too slow even though I was doing it as soon as I could. So I have to wait for it. I'll go try it out.

It seems the first couple pages are updated with new combos, so I'm just going to post this here, I didn't see it anywhere else in the thread when skimming, and if it's practical enough it'll get added to the front page anyway. I saw the 2C FC mid-screen magnetize-less combos, but they didn't work on Haku, Bang, or Rachel. This combo works on Bang and Rachel, but not Haku either.

2C FC > 5C > 6A > 623C > slightly walk forward JC > lowest J2C > 5B > 5C > 6A > 623C > JC > lowest J2C > 22D [4124][45/25]

^ Center: Other than Hakumen, Arakune, Jin, Noel, and Makoto. Works on everyone in corner.

Couple of things here. The key part is the 6A. If you don't walk forward enough during the first JC, the 6A will whiff. I was unable to squeeze anything between 2C FC and 623C and still be able to walk forward enough for 6A AND have the lowest J2C connect. This combo works on Bang, Rachel, Taokaka, and Carl. I can't get it to work on Ara or Haku, but I'm not ruling out the possibly. Ara looks like it just won't work but I feel like I'm missing Haku by PIXELS, and feel like I can surely walk forward another frame or two to pull it off. I haven't tested the rest of the cast yet (Makoto and Mu included) but I'll personally do that and post the full list tomorrow around east coast midnight or so. It does 4045 damage, and just for the hell of it I included the Heat it gives you (37) and your opponent (21). I am unsure if there are more damaging mid-screen magnetize-less heat-less combos that work on Bang or not because some of the combos in the thread don't have the damage beside them and I haven't tested a few of those yet.

I did test a few of the combos in the thread though, and there's a pretty big difference in heat gauge gain for a few that are only different by ~100 points. Still very new to BlazBlue so not sure how big of a deal meter gain vs damage is. But I think 25 heat vs 40 heat when it comes to giving up like 150 points out of a 3000 damage combo is worth it? Maybe that's a conversation for the Tager discussion thread, not the combo thread.

Edit:

I added some stuff after 2C FC after figuring out I can.

And if anyone can figure out a way to make it work on the characters I said it couldn't, let me know. I won't take offense to me not having the execution at this time to figure those guys out.

I do that FC combo, I believe you're supposed to omit the 6A to have it work on most (all?) of the ones you listed, at least Noel and Haku. Mostly a matter of whose aerial hitbox isn't fat enough to be hit by the 6A, I guess.

Though you should just add a 2C or 5C before the first 623C by principle, I think.

I think I noticed that after extra practice. It was all in my head, as far as I know. Also, I think I figured out another one:

2C FC > 5C > 6A > 623C > JC > lowest J2C > 2B > 236A > 5C > 6A > 623C > JC > lowest J2C > 22D [4220][49/27]

^ Works on everyone except Haku and Rachel. Must slightly walk forward after first 623C for it to work on Bang.

2C FC > 5C > 6A > 2C > 623C > JC > lowest J2C > 2B > 236A > 5C > 6A > 2C > 623C > JC > lowest J2C > 22D [4419][58/31]

^ Magnetized. Replace first JC with JD for Haku, Rachel, and Bang (or just slightly walk forward after first 623C to still hit Bang).

For the second one, it's pretty much the same as another one in the thread, but it's a lot easier to hit 6A instead of 6B at the beginning. I was noticing that the 5C had to be point blank, like walking forward after the 2C FC. It also has to be as low as possible so that they're not too high for the 6B, and even LOWER and CLOSER so that THAT isn't too far for the 2C. 5C 6A 2C is SIGNIFICANTLY easier and provides only 60 less damage (4419 vs 4479) while giving the same heat (58 to player, 31 to opponent). Sadly, I missed that one and thought I'd figured out a sweet new 2C FC only to find out mine was 1 move off. :(

However, I think the first one is probably the best midscreen combo that works on the most characters in the cast (including Bang, the best character) for no meter and doesn't require magnetism to start off, but ends with it. I haven't tested all the FCs that don't have damage listed, so it's possible one of Mike Z's, Galileo's or Maho's are better. But still, 4220 damage and 49 heat aren't bad for such an easy combo. But again, after looking more into it and testing it, it's very similiar to another one in the thread. But I don't think the guy who posted that combo realized you can still hit Bang with the 2B if you walk forward a little bit after the first 623C right before you do the whiff JC. That's important anyway.

at the bottom of the first combo post is a lovely combo video of tager...its not anything flashy.

still good stuff to learn, even though the J.C whiff>j.B combo's are a bitch to do.

edit: since I have the game now, expect heat gain to be put in after damage.

coming soon.

I do j.C whiff > j.B combos consistently :).

I have more trouble doing the j.D whiff > lowest j.2C combos. Key to doing those combos consistently is advanced input again.

But I don't think the guy who posted that combo realized you can still hit Bang with the 2B if you walk forward a little bit after the first 623C right before you do the whiff JC. That's important anyway.

Are you sure about this? How far do you have to walk for it to connect on Bang, cause I remember trying this combo before on Bang and consistently missing the 2B (keep in mind, you actually have to walk forward a bit on almost all the characters to get the 2B to connect).

For what it's worth, that combo is taken from the Japanese wiki, which may not be entirely accurate.

do for J.C whiff>J.B i just gotta advance input it?

same with j.D whiff>j.2D?

because I can't get them to connect at all, and the heat gain is silly.

You need to walk forward for the j.C whiff > j.B or the j.B will completely whiff even if you get it out on time.

But yea, you need to advance input the j.B as well as the 5C to get them down consistently IMO. Once you learn to hold the buttons down, the combo becomes pretty easy to do, and the only thing you have to worry about is not getting out your j.C early enough.

Adding in the extra 6A for some characters in the combo is really tight though, so I don't bother trying.

BTW, speaking of fatal counter combos:

2C FC > 5C > 6B > 2C > 623C > JD (whiff) > lowest J2C > 2B > 236A > 5C > 6A > 2C > 623C > JC (whiff) > lowest J2C > 22D [4479] <-- with magnetism

The above combo is kind of a bitch for me to do because of the j.D whiff timing, so I've been doing a little variation for similar damage.

2C FC > 5C > 6B > 2C > 623C > 623C (whiff) > 6C > J2C > 2B > 236A > 5C > 6A > 2C > 623C > 5D [4472] <-- with magnetism

You can't end with Gadget since they'll tech before you can hit them with a sledge or lowest j.2C, so you lose gadget oki (not a big loss IMO),

that gets added leo.

good shit I am stealing that.

btw my biggest hurdle right now is execution on some of these combo's.

Was working on a lot of the combos in training and was curious as to what was best heat gains and for positioning's sake (ie if they are full screen away at end of combo or whatever) and did up a spreadsheet on the laptop while was going through the list in the first post of this thread. Ive uploaded it to Google Docs at this link for those curious.

Notes:

• Training dummy was set to block after first hit, emergency rolls and quick techs enabled. Reset position and heat after every combo.
  • Combos were usually done two or three times each to verify the damage and make sure I didn't drop anything mid-combo or what not.
  • Ragna was the training dummy for reference.
  • Heat was set to 0 at start.
  • In case where a target needed to be magnetized before a combo, I would typically do a 4D or 6D. Heat gains were marked and subtracted from final heat gains listed in the magnetized combo. Ex. If 6D caused 3 heat gain for you and 1 for opponent and final combo heat gain was 25 and 14, I would subtract 3 and 1 respectively for actual heat gains of 22 and 13 respectively.
  • Combo damage was the listed total from training. Some do not match the OP combo listed damage, regardless of number of times I tried to do them over.
  • Pre-Range is how close they have to be to you to initiate the combo.
  • Post-Range is how far away they are after you complete the combo.
  • Melee range to me is where every attack is meaty and you can combo 5A>5B>3C with no difficulties (basically right next to each other).
  • Throw/Poke range is roughly where Gadget Fingers drops the person (you can poke with 5A or command/B+C throw them at that range, but not close enough to chain 5A>5B>3C combos)
  • Mid range is roughly half a screen away.
  • Mid/Full range is roughly 3/4th of a screen away.
  • Full range is full screen away.
  • Post-Ranges assume you are starting in midscreen. Obviously, if you knock them into a corner, the ranges will be different.
  • Tried to test multiple times, but there may be minor mistakes in numbers. Feel free to verify yourself.

Oh, and my notation for moves might be a little off normal. I use j.5C to indicate a jumping neutral C just for consistency with neutral C on the ground that's always listed as 5C instead of normal j.C.

Is there any specific thread for tips and advice on Tager's challenge mode combos? I searched and couldn't find anything. Possibly because I keep reading that they are the easiest in the game, however I keep failing. Current problems are:

Challenge 6. Even though I now regularly connect the first atomic collider (I found that I have to hold it slightly longer than usual) the challenge meter always resets to the beginning as if it wasn't landed. I don't see how I can do it any quicker, because if I do it quicker it doesn't connect at all.

Challenge 7. Bang ALWAYS techs after the 6B, every time my Magnatech wheel starts I get to see him flash white just before the hits begin.

Buffer MTW as soon as you hit 6b, pretend its not even there. You gotta do it really fast.

The superflash should come out almost instantaneously after you see 6b add a number to the combo counter.

Is there any specific thread for tips and advice on Tager's challenge mode combos? I searched and couldn't find anything. Possibly because I keep reading that they are the easiest in the game, however I keep failing. Current problems are:

Challenge 6. Even though I now regularly connect the first atomic collider (I found that I have to hold it slightly longer than usual) the challenge meter always resets to the beginning as if it wasn't landed. I don't see how I can do it any quicker, because if I do it quicker it doesn't connect at all.

Challenge 7. Bang ALWAYS techs after the 6B, every time my Magnatech wheel starts I get to see him flash white just before the hits begin.

For Challenge 6, you're probably holding Atomic Collider for too long, try releasing it a little bit earlier and for Challenge 7, just do what Sponson said.

So I was messing around with Fatals to see what the best I could do in terms of best damage and heat gain and I was wondering if there was anything better than what I do:

NOTE: Requires magnetism!

FC2C>AC>AC Whiff>6C>j.2C>2B>ASledge>5C>6A>2C>AC>Spark>2C>AC DMG: 4311 Heat Gain: 62

While it doesn't offer much in the way of resets or tech traps, it gets you 62 heat! You can get rid of the Spark ender go BGadget if you want and it'll get you 51 heat and 4284 DMG and and if you wanna use the 50 heat you gained from doing the combo, Spark>MTW nets you 5k which is good for most combos into MTW. Terra Break isn't worth it though unless its a killing blow as it just gives you the minimum damage to make ~5800

I've also got a non magnetism combo I wanted critiques on too: Requires a Spark Bolt though...

FC2C>AC>6C>Spark>j.2C>2B>ASledge>5C>6A>2C>AC DMG: 4252 Heat Gain: ~51

I like this combo in terms of difficulty as the only hard part is Spark>j.2C but the rest of it is easy and its great for midscreen as going for Walk forward>j.C Whiff>j.2C can be a pain in the ass sometimes...Only problem is no reset options but you break 50 heat which is nice. The reset variant would to just go ASledge>5C>AC>BGadget which only gets you 48 heat...

So I dunno, just wondering how these stack up against what can be done. I've tried a ton of different things and I've found these to be the most optimized combos I could do.

EDIT: Found a slight variant of the first combo that gives you 67 heat, but no chance for BGadget with or without the Spark ender...Just add a 2nd 2C after the very first one. Makes the DMG ~4400:keke:

EDIT2: Forgot the properties of Spark will actually allow you to do GF after if you time it so they fall into it so you CAN actually end the first combo in a reset which is nice. First combo into Spark>Gadget nets 4282 DMG and 51 heat. So its a preference of reset or heat gain.

A tager combo that doesn't end with any kind of knockdown doesn't make sense in my book, unless mid screen I guess. In general you don't really want to be back at neutral, IIRC

But that is some pretty slick meter gain, must admit

There are a few that do end in air techs that can be advantageous. Forcing a bounce tech or neutral in the corner is often better than letting them have the option of rolling past you.

However, for the techable AC finish, Not sure there's too much you can do with that unless they've been thrown in the corner.

the only thing ive found you can do off an AC techable finish is hope they are dumb and dont neutral air tech when magnetized, you can grab them with another AC... but if you try and they do neutral tech then you eat a fat CH combo...

(when it does work it makes me smile though... so i end up trying for it way more than i should....)

that is pretty close to what I have gotten. If you want knock down...after spark go straight in Atomic collider and I believe you will be able to squeeze in an EGadget or for a tech trap you can add a 2B into collider. Since my video isnt ready yet I will add my two sense when I get my notations corrected as I believe mine is a tad better with more damage but slightly less heat 59.

Sorry for the double post but here is a rather incomplete list of what I have so far. They are many many more but like I said it will be in a crappy video I am going to make and compile.

FC2C>2C>AC>AC(whiff)>6C>j2C>2B>2C>5D>spark>5C>6A>2C>AC DMG: 4606 HEAT: 59/33

WORKS ON EVERYONE

FC2C>2C>AC>AC(whiff)>6C>j2C>5C>6A>2C>5D>spark>5C>6A>2C>AC DMG: 4749 HEAT: 64/35

RACHEL ONLY

6A>2C>AC>AC (whiff)>6B>2C>5D>spark>5C>6A>2C>AC DMG: 4228 HEAT: 50/27

WORKS ON EVERYONE

NOTES: After spark you can a neat little tech trap. If you do AC as the opponent goes barely under your hand where atomic collider would catch you can float them up a bit which means if they tech its a free a atomic collider for you. If they don't tech you can actual whiff the ac and do another ac which if they tech its a free collider mind game for you and it works on all techs. It is very hard to do and time but worth it. Also if they don't tech then by the time they hit the ground you can start a brand new combo if they wait to long. I know it sounds crazy but if you can visualize it then you see its potential as it is quite safe because of you mess up and they will bounce tech away from you out of range for you or them to attack before you can block. I will make a video showing you what I mean and these combos. It is rather hard doing so by yourself.

hi girls.

orion for the second combo you can actually do this.

FC 2C>2C>623C>spark>delay 5C>6C>j.2C>2B>2C>B/Egadget.

nets you about 4200 damage and 52 meter, not to mention much easier to execute.

another thing if someone neutral tech's during your colider reset then you can actually let go early and do 4D, it beats almost everything and will more likely CH then you getting hit.

also I may make a video covering some things...its a big maybe.

I do like the first combo orion...juicy.