Sign in to follow this  
Blade

Issues with Challenge Mode combos and the System (and adjusting BNBs accordingly)

I struggle so much on dashing after certain moves. Rag's 6 and Haz's 6 are giving me a bit of trouble to be honest. (DC) 6A and (DC) C, it is the quick short ones that kill me.

Right now I'm stuck on Ragna's challenge #7. Its the midscreen infernal divider combo that ends with a belial edge and then a 3c as the target falls after bouncing from landing from the belial edge (sorry I didnt know how else to put that.)

I can never get the 3c to land after a belial edge unless I'm in the corner. Is my timing just off? Or is there something more to it.

If you watch the demonstration you will notice that the computer walks slightly forward before the 3c. It doesn't dash, it just walks a step and a half forward while Bang bounces and then 3c.

Whenever you have a hard time with the challenges it helps to stare intently at the demonstrations.

If you watch the demonstration you will notice that the computer walks slightly forward before the 3c. It doesn't dash, it just walks a step and a half forward while Bang bounces and then 3c.

Whenever you have a hard time with the challenges it helps to stare intently at the demonstrations.

This ^

Also, gonna ditto complaints about challenge 6 with Ragna. Dashing into immediately cancelling into 6A? Holy shit did that mess me up.

I recently changed to a stick over a pad as well. So, huge learning curve here.

I only ever did 6D j.d (DC) 5B for the first time 2 days ago. Couldn't get it on the pad.

I think challenge mode's hardest hurdles are dash cancels to immediately cancelling them into other moves before you even take a step.

imho

Currently, the one Challenge that is outright mocking me is Tsubaki's #6. I doubt I'll ever get that orb to hit as many times as it needs to, no matter how much I delay the j.214D. That and the first HJC, which is completely un-needed, keeps coming out as a TK j.236C or missing outright.

Currently, the one Challenge that is outright mocking me is Tsubaki's #6. I doubt I'll ever get that orb to hit as many times as it needs to, no matter how much I delay the j.214D. That and the first HJC, which is completely un-needed, keeps coming out as a TK j.236C or missing outright.

I know how you feel. Although after messing around with it for the longest, I have figured out something. When doing the JC, I've had the best results doing a vertical one instead of a diagonal one. And after doing the j.236D, wait until she drops till about the same level as the orb before you do the j.214D. Usually when I do all that, I get the right number of hits.

For the hjc>C part, it seems like pressing C as soon as she leaves the ground is your best bet for connecting.

In order to avoid TK j.236c, make sure that you are inputting 259 rather than 2369. All 3 hits of the 6cc followup do not need to connect so simply doing 259 j.c as soon as that part starts should work every time.

I know how you feel. Although after messing around with it for the longest, I have figured out something. When doing the JC, I've had the best results doing a vertical one instead of a diagonal one. And after doing the j.236D, wait until she drops till about the same level as the orb before you do the j.214D. Usually when I do all that, I get the right number of hits.

For the hjc>C part, it seems like pressing C as soon as she leaves the ground is your best bet for connecting.

This. The first jump is diagonal, the second jump is vertical. Jumping forward twice screws up the angle.

Question

Is the dash in 3C>Serpents Benediction>Devouring fang>Dash>5C>2C and so on really necessary?

If it's max range 3c and you manage to combo it into the blue shadow 214d~c, then yes you need to dash. However, if you are not at max range you can skip the dash and just 5c. If you want to end that combo with a 623d that combos into portal super, standing still or actually taking a step back after 214d~c is necessary.

In order to avoid TK j.236c, make sure that you are inputting 259 rather than 2369. All 3 hits of the 6cc followup do not need to connect so simply doing 259 j.c as soon as that part starts should work every time.

This. The first jump is diagonal, the second jump is vertical. Jumping forward twice screws up the angle.

When I did Tsubaki's #6, I started doing the first jump as diagonal towards, then the second as diagonal back, hitting at pretty much the maximum range for j.236D. I was landing the full ball/dive more often doing that.

Still can't do Makoto's #9, the J.CC at the very end just wiffs the second hit everytime. And I have been practicing it ALL DAY....

Grr. And yes. I am super-jumping.

To anyone having problems with Jin's #8:

I can see no solution to this other than pure muscle memory. I've hit the 5B after the 623C 5 times in a row a few times and once you get into the rhythm it starts to make sense.

Of course I'm pretty much god at it now because I did like 30% of the character challenges randomly one night and then stupidly turned off my XBox without exiting to the main menu to save...

This includes Jin's #8.

Anybody have any advice for Ragna's Challenge 10? After the second dash cancel off of 5D you then have to do immediatley another dash into a 5C and the one time I was able to pull it I dropped it. I either get the Double dashes in but I'm afraid it's not in enough time for Bang to still be in hit stun and hit him with my 5C or on very rare occasions I think I hit him with the 5C but I didn't get another dash to come out so the whole thing doesn't count anyway.

Any tricks to this challenge?

the 5C is very crucial in clearing Ragna 10

dash & 5C are done almost the same time, you'll miss it if you try to confirm a dash before pressing the button

the rest is easier if you reposition Bang a little to the right before you start. Ideally he'll be at the corner when 5C hits

the 5C is very crucial in clearing Ragna 10

dash & 5C are done almost the same time, you'll miss it if you try to confirm a dash before pressing the button

the rest is easier if you reposition Bang a little to the right before you start. Ideally he'll be at the corner when 5C hits

Thanks a lot for the tips.

I hope someone can help me i can't get Ragnas Trial 10# i just don't now when i have to input the second dash bevor 5C i got it one time but failed at the end after 22C hit -.- and their is the second problem i don't now when i have to input the dash after 22C that 5B can connect

I did all off Bangs Trials and just can't do Ragnas last that sucks xD

My biggest issue with these combos are me inputting the commands wrong, or buffering the moves too quick, which is a huge problem for me. For the life of me, on a PS3 remote i can NOT consistently High Jump. And it kills me.

As for these combos, yeah, spacing is important. The combos are NOT easy to perform, otherwise this wouldn't be challenge mode. Yeah, they seem easy, but they require precise timing and usually spacing. They're very good combos, but they aren't the only ones in the game, as you can find multiple variations to each combo in challenge mode to make it easier / harder. Some characters dont even incorporate Rapid Cancels into their combos. As such, Challenge Mode combos aren't always practical, as it's very rare you'll get a bang to stand still like that and take all that punishment.

The point of challenge mode is 1) to give you something to do, and 2) give you ideas of what your character is actually capable of. Nobody expects you to rely on them, unless you're just godlike and can pull them off consistently in-battle (which IS possible online, to an extent). Unless it's somewhere around half-second delay, which is where it's annoyingly noticeable, you can condition yourself to just input it faster or slower. Once you have a combo like that down though, your brain almost automatically does the inputs at the correct time in the move. (seriously, by the time i finished Mu's #9 i was able to almost do the combo with my damn eyes closed, going off the sounds alone, and I instantly knew when it was going to drop. The timing is that precise, incorrect spacing or timing by an iota ruined the combo.)

My advice is WATCH THE DEMONSTRATION. The timing/spacing on some of these are so near perfect that you'll really need to watch the computer do it, as sometimes it's the only way its going to even get done, especially if it involves wallbounces or going from midscreen > corner in one combo. Yes, the combos are hard and almost impractical, but thats what training mode is for -- every character has far more than 10 combos in this game, use what you learned about how the moves affect the opponent in hitstun to make your own.

I'm having major difficulty on Litchi's mission 5 part 2.

It's asking me to perform a loop of "5C, (JC), j.B, j.C, 66, 5C". All staffless btw.

I can't get the 66, 5C part to hit. Is it just really strict timing? Is there a way to delay the j.C so that I can be closer to the ground or something?

Sorry for the lack of specifics but I'm lazy right now: does anyone else have trouble with ragna's second combo on the challenger mode's mission 3? whenever I have to do a 5B the second time around its blocked or not in range, do I have to dash before triangle even though I'm not told to? (Also not really for the thread, but are there better ways to master combos -practically- without challenge mode i.e. training or specific online rooms etc...)

My friend literally worked on this exact combo for 3 hours and never got it. I thought that was pretty silly, because it isn't actually a hard combo. This is the one that starts with a grab right (B+C, 214B, (delay)214D, 5B, 623D, 236C, 214D)? All you have to know is that you do Gauntlet Hades immediately after the grab, but delay the second hit. You should land before your opponent, and then you can hit them with 5B and hit confirm into Inferno Divider. No need to dash, the combo is almost solely dependent on delaying the follow up to GH.

If you want to master combos, head over to any character's thread and check out their combos. Learn the ones you like best, and if you need more you can usually find combos in video form somewhere. If you can't pull off a combo, ask a question in the character's combo thread. Other than that, practice them until they're muscle memory.

I cannot for the life of me land Litchi's challenge 5, combo 2.

Dashing and hitting 5C after j.b>j.c is just undoable for me. Anybody know any tricks?

I cannot for the life of me land Litchi's challenge 5, combo 2.

Dashing and hitting 5C after j.b>j.c is just undoable for me. Anybody know any tricks?

You delay both j.B and j.C. If you'd paid attention you'd see that in the demonstration, Litchi delays j.B and j.C and as a result has time to run at Bang for half an hour before doing 5C.

What about Hazama's Challenge 7....I understand everthing up until connecting 623D>Mizuchi Rekkazan.

Like.....it doesn't seem like Hazama wants to do this at all....can you even just do 623D>MR? I tried just doing that part in training mode but got no where....is the timing that strict?