Sign in to follow this  
Blade

Issues with Challenge Mode combos and the System (and adjusting BNBs accordingly)

It's not as strict as it seems when you get used to it. Two keys here.

1. Make sure they're high enough after the 623D, so you have more time for MR.

2. Most importantly, buffer the 632146 motion during the ending animation of 623D, makes it much easier.

Personally, I find Mu-12's loop combo, challenge 8 I believe, maybe 7, to be undoable. The corner loop is easy as hell, and I can do it flawlessly everytime. But following up with the distortion drive is impossible. Do I need to delay something to create more time? Or do I have to input the 632146C in 1/100th of a second after the 2B? Any advice here guys? Thanks, haha.

I'll try that out, but I'm not used to buffering two moves into the same motion. I can buffer during the ending animation of a move, but combining two inputs is something I'll have to get used to I guess.

Once again I'm having trouble buffering dash inputs during recovery frames. What's the trick to it? Things like Jin's 623C >> 666B. Ragna's Carnage Scissors >> 666A. Lamda's Throw >> 666A. Mu's Fatal Counter: 6C > Sword of Decimation > 666B.

I really don't know what the trick is to getting these out in time. I'm too slow it seems.

You can't buffer a dash in an attack.

Also, no need to 666X; just 66~A (Hold the second 6 briefly and hit A immediately after it).

Once again I'm having trouble buffering dash inputs during recovery frames. What's the trick to it? Things like Jin's 623C >> 666B. Ragna's Carnage Scissors >> 666A. Lamda's Throw >> 666A. Mu's Fatal Counter: 6C > Sword of Decimation > 666B.

I really don't know what the trick is to getting these out in time. I'm too slow it seems.

It's called a link. Learn to do them please.

....how do you "learn to do links" then? D: I don't really know when are good times to start dashing in with said normals, and it's even harder with 6A and 6B normals where you have to hold 6+A after a brief dash. Sometimes only A or B come out. Or in Jin's case 6B comes out instead of the dash 5B I want.

For the record I was never good with Slayer's links either.

You can't buffer dash cancels unless the move is dash cancelable Lambda's throw and Jin's shoryu isn't, so you just need to learn the timing. Also if you want to land a move like Jin's 5B release the stick after you hit 6 2 times, if you want to do 6A like in Lambda's dash cancel do not release the stick.

take advantage of advance input (holding the button a little to repeat the input for 5 frames) since it removes a lot of the headaches involved with timing and lets you put more emphasis on combo positioning, spacing, and intentional delays.

Oh my god. you have no idea how much that helped me doing ragna's challenges. Thank you thank you thank you.

Jin's 623C, 66, 5B link is hard as hell, at least for me. You just need to get used to the timing. Once I got it down once I ended up being able to do it like 50% of the time. Ragna's CS, 66, 6A, etc. is a hell of a lot easier than that so just practice that for like 10 minutes. You can't buffer whatsoever, so just learn the timing until the move returns you to neutral.